List of alt-tracking site - for protection

Customer Support
I am amazed at just how much words is being put into one's mouth without understanding the situation.

Just truly amazed. All i am asking is for sites that i have missed - nothing more and nothing less and it turns into this blame game - just for some ego purposes?

Thanks.
10/08/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Dorsy
All i am asking is for sites that i have missed -

Then you might to ask at the General Discussion forum, Customer Support wouldn't have that info as previously posted.
Dorsey, you sound really frustrated; I'm sorry that there isn't a simple solution.

And being told 'Blizzard owns your character so your (personal) privacy isn't being breached' isn't really helpful in terms of the emotional investment some of us develope.

I think you've taken care of the bigger tracking sites.

I don't have much in the way of advice in terms of finding a new guild other than be upfront with the prospective gleader that your old gleader seems to have taken your leaving personally and seems focused on making things difficult for you to find a new home. There are a lot of guild leaders out there who care more about how you present yourself than what you write on an application and being a decent and polite individual can get you a trial despite a shaky history.

In-game:
Put the guild leader and anyone else giving you grief on ignore AND IGNORE THEM. If they circumvent the ignore by using another char/acct place the char on ignore again (do not engage at all) and report them under "Ongoing Harassment". https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/201

On the forums:
Don't respond to taunts. Report every single harassing post, every time, via the arrow in the upper right then put the poster on ignore and resist the urge to peek if/when they post.

Be patient and good luck.
I am amazed at just how much words is being put into one's mouth without understanding the situation.

You have given the information here. You brought the drama. If there's more information, then it is up to you to explain. People, including myself, have asked you explain certain things, so we can understand it better.

If you don't want to explain further, great. That is your choice. But don't complain that we don't understand when you won't provide the understanding.

However, as to your request:

All i am asking is for sites that i have missed

As others have said, Google it. Blizzard, or more accurately the players (since this is a player-to-player forum), can't be expected to know every single function of every single website on the internet.

it turns into this blame game - just for some ego purposes

It STARTED with the "blame game", with you blaming your former GM of "ruining your gameplay experience", and blaming these websites/addons for how they handle your "personal information".

If you had a simple question, then ask the simple question. Bringing in five paragraphs and three pages of guild drama was not needed. Were you expecting people to agree with you on what a dastardly deed your former GM is doing? For what....ego purposes?
10/08/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Jugend
All i am asking is for sites that i have missed -

Then you might to ask at the General Discussion forum, Customer Support wouldn't have that info as previously posted.

There are already ppl here taunting - i cannot imagine GD man.

I still dont know what drama have i caused tbh. But i am glad there is at least a few understand my situation.
10/07/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Ekon
Blizzard does not do that, and can suffer very, very, very serious legal ramifications for doing so.

Haha please. They'd get a sternly worded letter and that would be the end of it.
10/08/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Melaesia
It STARTED with the "blame game", with you blaming your former GM of "ruining your gameplay experience", and blaming these websites/addons for how they handle your "personal information".

If you had a simple question, then ask the simple question. Bringing in five paragraphs and three pages of guild drama was not needed. Were you expecting people to agree with you on what a dastardly deed your former GM is doing? For what....ego purposes?

I have never once blame this tracking sites for the situation that i am in. So I do not know where u get this idea from.

Also i have never mentioned that the person making my life difficult is my former guild GM. What is up with all this assumption?
10/08/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Teef
Haha please. They'd get a sternly worded letter and that would be the end of it.

For releasing personal information? No. They'd be sued and also possibly lose their ability to do business if it was financial information. Please take your trolling to Twitter, it has no place in customer support.

All i am asking is for sites that i have missed

And that isn't something that can be provided. Normal players don't really have a list of these, and Blizzard doesn't run these sites so they don't have one either.
10/08/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Teef
10/07/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Ekon
Blizzard does not do that, and can suffer very, very, very serious legal ramifications for doing so.

I would love to live in your world, where actual doxxing is apparently taken so very lightly.

Please do share.
10/08/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Dorsy
What is up with all this assumption?

You're the one who is being vague, you still haven't explained your situation in detail, and that's why people assume stuff.
All i am asking is for sites that i have missed - nothing more and nothing less

I believe you got them all, at least the well known ones. Of course that doesn't mean that there can't be new ones in the future.
There isn't as single reason to be sparring with the OP, and that includes the regulars. They don't need to be lectured on their priorities, and clearly there is some disambiguation occurring with some of language describing character movement that we can just let go. They are being very clear in what they came here for. There's no good reason to pile on. As to their situation- it isn't relevant. We're here to answer questions and give guidance the best we can. Not jump into the driver seat and assume control of their current situation.
10/08/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Broklesnar

You're the one who is being vague, you still haven't explained your situation in detail, and that's why people assume stuff.

So I have to specifically say what is the rank of this guy in my former guild just to make my point across? Like why? I am just here seeking for information.

Like what is all this hostility here? Am I not allowed to ask for information?
10/08/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Dorsy
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So I have to specifically say what is the rank of this guy in my former guild just to make my point across? Like why? I am just here seeking for information.

Like what is all this hostility here? Am I not allowed to ask for information?

No you don't... Brock is a troll who does this all the time. They try to goad people into spilling stories for drama purposes. Just ignore them and report them for trolling.

I don't truly understand where this hostility is coming from. The only thing I could see that was an issue was that you seemed to think that someone could get financial details or personal information from using these sites. That however was explained and you seemed to have acknowledged that you understand.

I'm sorry that you have had to go through this and that you are being treated this way here. This is not the way this forum is supposed to operate. I will say that I don't think anyone here could really give you anymore information on these kinds of sites though. I think you pretty much covered them all. I do wish you luck and hope that your situation works out for the best.
10/08/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Broklesnar

They aren't being vague. They had issues with a player while in a guild together. They left the guild, changed mains. Now, when joining or trying to join other guilds, the one causing the drama from the first guild is messaging the new guild leader. They wanted to know of any other sites that track alts other than the ones listed. They are looking for a way to play without the indirect harassment from the player in the first guild. It was all in the first post.
I think there have been several good responses in this thread that hopefully will help Dorsy out. I wanted to jump in because I have noticed a few responses that seem to run contrary to our purpose here... which is helping players.

Sorry, Thundertotem, I don't mean to pick on you but I'm going to use yours as the example, though you certainly aren't alone in this kind of reply.

10/08/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Thundertotem
No one here would know, that's something CS does NOT keep track of. It's not their job.

You are correct in that our Support Staff wouldn't be able to provide information on sites that might track character related information, that isn't their job. However, the response seems to be indicating that by posting here only a CS rep would be answering. Given the number of times that I have seen some folks wield the statement "This is a player to player forum" like a cudgel when people are looking for a blue reply, how has this been forgotten?

Someone is asking for information that other people may know. If you are unable or unwilling to provide that information, you aren't required to post. I would ask that everyone avoid simply saying "Google it", as that is not at all productive. Again, the goal of this forum is to help people, even if that means helping them when their Google-fu isn't as strong as yours or maybe assuming that they did some research and they are looking for anything they may have missed.
Like what is all this hostility here?

A mix of mild exaggerations (mostly calling it 'doxxing') on your part, and jadedness and cynicism on the part of the replies. These kinds of threads are uncommon, but usually they're more "how can Blizzard give these sites my personal information about which characters are mine!". As a result that sort of gets into peoples' heads and they see this as one of those.
10/08/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Dathrel
Like what is all this hostility here?

A mix of mild exaggerations (mostly calling it 'doxxing') on your part, and jadedness and cynicism on the part of the replies. These kinds of threads are uncommon, but usually they're more "how can Blizzard give these sites my personal information about which characters are mine!". As a result that sort of gets into peoples' heads and they see this as one of those.

Do ppl even read?

I have never once blamed the company or the tracking site for my situation- I simply ask for information.

The only time I find it ridiculous was that I found out that via forum post history- I found out a way which allows any user to see a Toon’s new name. This caught me by surprise because I always believed that the company values privacy of their playerbase. I cannot tell if it is intended or not. But you can’t do that during the days where post history search is broken. Maybe a blue can address this one.

Secondly, not knowing how the perpetrator possess information leaks is really stressful. Because you do not know how much info they have on you and how and what they can used on.

Sure, you can chuck it to “No big deal” but getting taunted in-game and ruining R/S that you are trying to build with others is not cool. I do not want to bring anything negative to the Guild I am applying for but I cannot control the perpetrator actions.

/ignore function does not stop this guy from Tracking my movements at all. Nor does it stop this guy from pm the new GM to tell all sort of stories.

Also it is common that in the face of hearing negative statements, most GMs will rather listen to the other side. There isn’t going to be due process for this kind of things and often they just rather not have me in the team. I have gotten invited to Guilds and removed the next day because of this debacle.

///////
Also all I did was just leave the guild because I do not like how they are treating the members in the game. Most of them were hostile to non-inner circle members and their bants are full of racial slurs. I did not criticise or anything I just leave.

I also did a race change for the class I am playing and thought to use the name change as a way to start afresh. Did nothing to agitate the ppl, the inner circle in the guild.

///////
I would hope at least the ppl in this section would be nice. But agitators are always everywhere.

Thanks to those that are willing to help.

God bless!
10/08/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Dorsy
I always believed that the company values privacy of their playerbase

They do. What characters are under the same account isn't considered part of that. That's one of those mild exaggerations I mentioned. Privacy refers to personally identifiable information, things that could be used to track you down for reals. Your characters aren't one of those things, so it's not considered 'private'. Furthermore, since you don't own the characters, Blizzard has the final call on who can know about them. So that's mostly the 'why' of all that.

agitators are always everywhere.

That's a bit harsh. They weren't trying to agitate, just sort of letting prior experiences influence their responses.

/ignore function does not stop this guy from Tracking my movements at all. Nor does it stop this guy from pm the new GM to tell all sort of stories.

Also it is common that in the face of hearing negative statements, most GMs will rather listen to the other side.

Sounds like you're caught with a bunch of dummies honestly. I would generally say that if the guilds are gonna be that way, then you don't want to be part of them anyways. If they can't take you as you are, then they don't deserve you.

That said... I don't know. You've done pretty much the most you can, I think, to minimize their power. You could always suggest things related to this incident as feedback via the main forums or Twitter, or the in-game thing, or Facebook, or reddit, or even Wowhead and MMO-Champion.