State of Shadow 8.1 v2.0

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Oh Crikey!
That's a bit unfortunate.

Yeah, while there's the blue post people can divert to, and we've given considerable feedback of the functions of current Shadow since Legion Beta (in other threads), I hope Publik & Co's thread (and document) isn't forgotten as the detailed feedback is still very much relevant post 8.1.
As an additional note:
I find it kind of hilarious the thread reached a second cap in less than a month.
#prunevoidform
I think that this kind of disrespect should be adressed with some type of protest that don't cause problems to other players like:

Every priest and other classes that sympathizes with us to mass unsub at the same time.

Tweet the same message to warcraft devs (on blizzard profiles, not personal).

Open in game tickets at same time.

We are doing the same thing over and over expecting that they eventually do something.

Priests, rise up!
11/07/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Búbü
I think that this kind of disrespect should be adressed with some type of protest that don't cause problems to other players like:

Every priest and other classes that sympathizes with us to mass unsub at the same time.

We are doing the same thing over and over expecting that they eventually do something.

Priests, rise up!

I'm in, just tell me when and what to do.
Lol unsub like I did. About the only way to show them they are going about this all wrong is just to stop giving them money, as they don't seem to want to give any form of feedback or to respond to what we've given. I hate to be that guy, but at this point I don't know what else to do.
Delete Voidform.
11/07/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Glowshot
Delete Voidform.

And replace it with what, In the middle of an expansion?

Yes, get rid of Voidform. Get rid of ramping drain, backloading, gated entry, lack of an actual aoe spells or any meaningful decisions. Be rid of it, but unfortunately that can't happen in the middle of an expac.

The constant backlash from the community against anything that isn't a removal of Voidform, and feeling amongst the devs not to want to put effort into something they're scrapping in a couple months anyway (From their Pov) would explain our current position. It's still not acceptable, but it would explain it.
11/07/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Hpellipsis
11/07/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Glowshot
Delete Voidform.

Yes, get rid of Voidform. Get rid of ramping drain, backloading, gated entry, lack of an actual aoe spells or any meaningful decisions. Be rid of it, but unfortunately that can't happen in the middle of an expac.

I see your point and that's reasonable, but why not? If devs would give shadow some heart it could happen. It's not impossible, just not planned.
11/07/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Búbü

Priests, rise up!

Way ahead of you :)

#ItsBeenFun

When I unsubscribed on Sunday I tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/Yvaelle/status/1059215192897155072
Would like to see shadow given a stealth option, like mass shadow invisibility, similar to rogues utility for m+.
11/08/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Shamdiggles
Would like to see shadow given a stealth option, like mass shadow invisibility, similar to rogues utility for m+.

Ya addressing the massive imbalances in mythic+ utility would probably be the single fastest way to address player perception of most specs being bad.

Hook Shadow up with Shroud of Concealment (Void Walk), and Chaos Brand (5% more magic damage, which was originally a Shadowpriest unique debuff called Misery, btw).
11/07/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Hpellipsis

The constant backlash from the community against anything that isn't a removal of Voidform, and feeling amongst the devs not to want to put effort into something they're scrapping in a couple months anyway (From their Pov) would explain our current position. It's still not acceptable, but it would explain it.

They could have taken one of four routes:
1. Remove Voidform and go back into one of the older iterations of the spec, with tweaks here and there.

2. Keep Voidform temporarily, and go back to mid-to-end Legion type of spriest playstyle where people were hitting 30+ stacks baseline, and 50+ stacks with great gear. The feedback for leggo belt + SW:D baseline + mass hysteria + dot extensions being baseline was good enough for ST + Cleave fights. Then we could talent for higher ST or higher AOE or higher burst depending on fights.

3. Fully redesign the spec with something new and flashy, but that didn't happen.

4. Leave the spec gutted mechanically as it is now (FWIW, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the Devs in that the end of expac spriest will play a lot more smoothly than now. I just don't agree that's a good road to take for the only DPS spec of a class to be performing super crap for 8 months of an expac, and average for the second half.)

Guess which option the Devs seem to be taking?
11/08/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Crosshairs

Guess which option the Devs seem to be taking?

I would have guessed option 4, but if anything it seems unrealistically optimistic. Feels more like they plan on doing nothing all expansion.

I mean they admitted they didn't finish designing Shadow during beta because they ran out of time, and that we were going to see changes in 8.1. Then in 8.1 they slapped a couple extra seconds on Voidform uptime, made our base damage even worse to compensate, and called it a day.

So this is Shadow's BFA design "finished" right now.
11/09/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Yvaelle
I mean they admitted they didn't finish designing Shadow during beta because they ran out of time, and that we were going to see changes in 8.1. Then in 8.1 they slapped a couple extra seconds on Voidform uptime, made our base damage even worse to compensate, and called it a day.

It's likely this is what they meant when they said they wanted to iterate in beta but didn't have time. They never had rework planned, just a couple small things. Personally I wasn't expecting any more than what we got (Though I really REALLY wanted the MB VB overlap thing fixed, but wasn't expecting 2 MB charges baseline to be their solution).
11/09/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Hpellipsis

It's likely this is what they meant when they said they wanted to iterate in beta but didn't have time. They never had rework planned, just a couple small things.

I didn't say they had a full rework planned, though obviously it's what most of us desire.

I said they admitted our design wasn't finished in beta, and that it would be in 8.1: summarizing Ion's statement in 8.0.5.

Personally I wasn't expecting any more than what we got (Though I really REALLY wanted the MB VB overlap thing fixed, but wasn't expecting 2 MB charges baseline to be their solution).

I expected them to fix our major issues. One of which is exactly that, Voidform gameplay today is not fun, entertaining, challenging, etc. It's just mashing 2 conflicting buttons.

Not fixing VB/MB conflicts means they are below expectations. Not doing anything to make the spec enjoyable means they earn a failing grade.

https://i.imgur.com/sepGw9P.jpg