What we're doing instead of playing BFA

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
What are you guys playing/doing for fun?

I'm learning python. Starting with python 3+ and using pycharm for environment.

#DestroyTheTitan'sForge
I'm still playing... sort of anyway, by collecting little pets while watching Great Courses on my TV (It's the best streaming service ever). I also have a python class flagged on my list to take. :)

And handing out cookies here... would you like some?
I've started getting into Total War games and it actually got me thinking why Blizzard never went that route with their RTS series.
I have a python. I forgot to feed her last night, damn. Thanks for reminding me.
I recently started playing Minecraft again. That game is so old now but they are always adding updates to it. You can summon the power of lightning now if you throw a trident during a thunderstorm!
I just beat the Radiance in Hollow Knight and now I'm on the Trial of the Sage in Godhome
Levelling my Argonian templar Halziia in ESO Morrowind!

having trouble dealing with river trolls, seriously they are so strong..
I just got into playing Kill Team, a Warhammer 40k skirmish table top game.
Just been painting my army and reading up on the rules at the moment. I should play my first game sometime this week. Pretty excited about it. Also, it's nice to step away from the square and do something different.
Graduating in December with a CS degree, so working on my final 2 courses.

Trying to understand/play old school runescape since that seems to be a thing and I enjoy older MMO's.

Playing Dragon Quest XI, Rocket League (Champ 1), and MTG Arena.

Also playing BFA; Pushing into Mythic Uldir now. Pretty much raid-logging that and a weekly +10 key.
10/09/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Wildfetus
Graduating in December with a CS degree, so working on my final 2 courses.

Trying to understand/play old school runescape since that seems to be a thing and I enjoy older MMO's.

Playing Dragon Quest XI, Rocket League (Champ 1), and MTG Arena.

Also playing BFA; Pushing into Mythic Uldir now. Pretty much raid-logging that and a weekly +10 key.

My first MMO was Asheron's Call. If you like sandbox games give it a shot but you gotta find an emulator or private server. I'm also raid logging and weekly +10 mode now. I'm not mad at it.
Complaining on the forums to try to get them to fix BfA.
10/09/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Kargyraa
Complaining on the forums to try to get them to fix BfA.
Learned that's a waste of my time in WoD.
Husband and I dusted off the xbox one (former netflix machine). Gamepass has some decent games now!
I'm playing a lot of the older content for xmog/mounts/etc and PvPing. You actually get decently geared through Random BGs conquest points and the PvP chest.
Wouldn't call it fun, but picking up a lot of OT at work and makin' dat cashmoney.

Also playing through Skyrim again - heavily modded of course.

Might pick up ESO again. Never really enjoyed it and always preferred FFXIV, but a few friends are making new characters so I might join in.
I picked up basket weaving. When finishing each basket you get the same kind of thrill as downing a mythic boss with your guild. It's all very exciting!
Painting Warhammer figures, building and painting Gunpla mobile suit Gundam models

Getting my shooting range cleaned up for fall and winter, cleaning guns , buying more ammo
I've actually started playing FFXIV for the first time and having a blast so far. I attribute some of that to a "new game high" as I call it but so far it seems to have a lot of what I find WoW to be lacking at the moment such as player agency and a little bit of mystery. The combo system is an especially big highlight for me(certain abilities buff other abilities if you use them in the right order).

I'm not sure why I started to take an interest but I started watching the Noclip documentary on YouTube about it and how it completely failed on launch, but was then taken down and remade as a whole new game. Seeing how passionate the devs were about was really inspiring and it made me realize how different Blizzard's approach to WoW is so I had to try it out.

I mean, the game's director broke down crying on stage when they announced A Realm Reborn because he was so proud of his team and so grateful to the fanbase that had remained loyal while they fixed the game. Could you imagine Ion ever coming out on stage and crying while he thanked us for staying subscribed while they fix this current mess? Hell we can barely get them to admit that any problems exist at all, and even when they do half the time they just say "working as intended".
I'm downloading ff14 figured I'd give it a try.
10/09/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Halzia
Levelling my Argonian templar Halziia in ESO Morrowind!

having trouble dealing with river trolls, seriously they are so strong..

The trick with River Trolls, if you don't have Champion Points yet to give you a power boost, is lay down a lot of AOE that they have to walk through to wear them down while you literally run circles around them staying out of reach and blast them with your spells.

I'm working on getting my magDK Dark Elf Vampire leveled in ESO. I'm also making furniture to get ready to start decorating that huge mansion we're fixing to get handed to us on the 10th.

Editing to ask; what level is your Templar and do you have good gear? Because I could make you a nice set of leveling gear and mail it to you. I just need to know what level you are and whether you're Magicka or Stamina, and what armor type and weapons you prefer.