keep flying in warmode please.

General Discussion
How do you expect to world pvp if everyone is flying past eachother? Like what?

Are you high or something? You can't pvp in the air!
10/10/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Kïlljøÿ

You can't do too many WQ's in the air either. The game has many different reasons to pit players against each other. I think giving the net-o-matic 5000 is what completely destroyed the no flying in WM argument.

10/10/2018 02:37 AMPosted by Shantarin
which then provides me with two options: get corpse camped relentlessly till this guy gets bored and leaves, or quit.

That should never be a choice a player has to make.
Or option 3, which is the best one; Call for help. Start a battle.
Flying is pretty much going to be there in warmode lol
It was there in pvp server despite them ranting to remove it.
Their argument have always been weak since tbc

Let them whine

Just :) and o/
10/10/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Shadowfist
10/10/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Kïlljøÿ

You can't do too many WQ's in the air either. The game has many different reasons to pit players against each other. I think giving the net-o-matic 5000 is what completely destroyed the no flying in WM argument.

which then provides me with two options: get corpse camped relentlessly till this guy gets bored and leaves, or quit.

Or option 3, which is the best one; Call for help. Start a battle.
option 4, use your disengages and stuns to the best of your ability to get away
10/10/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Dljman
10/10/2018 02:33 AMPosted by Atmozohelios
Because it makes it too easy for people to escape and also means there will be less people on the ground to fight. Also hurts the immersion for some people.

Escape from what, corpse camping?

Thats what the Net-O-Matic4000 is for, for a low price of 40 marks on honor or a short kill quest in boralus/zuldazar.
Because it makes it too easy for people to escape and also means there will be less people on the ground to fight. Also hurts the immersion for some people.

I don't understand the constant griping around corpse camping. I've been with warmode on since the start of the xpac because I enjoy slaying some alliance members as I play. I like to solo wPvp and join groups to run around and wPvP. I've honestly enjoyed warmode a lot.

I have never been corpse camped. And I have never corpse camped anyone, because it's boring. And even if I had been corpse camped. Oh well. It's PvP in an online game. Corpse camping happens in every online PvP game that has the ability to corpse camp.

I feel like all of the people crying about corpse camping saw one poster gripe about it, latched on to the idea, and throw it around like it's actually happened to them. Happens in every game. Warmode off then.

Also, agreed. Take out flying for Warmode. If you have warmode on and don't actually want to PvP, then just take Warmode off. Flying will definitely take away from wPvP, and warmode is an attempt to revive wPvP.
The arguements against flying are the same for it... this entire discussion is based off peoples self interest but disguised as "what's better for the game"...

People want to be able to pick fights...so what, Rogues and druid already can so even the playing field.

People escape your gank...so what use a net, use CC, or simply let it go and move on...some classes have greater mobility or stealth and can escape regardless so what if flying provides an escape...

Someone dropping on your head is not much different then rounding a corner into a bunch of enemies it just adds more dimension to awareness requirements...
10/10/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Yellöwböze

I don't understand the constant griping around corpse camping. I've been with warmode on since the start of the xpac because I enjoy slaying some alliance members as I play. I like to solo wPvp and join groups to run around and wPvP. I've honestly enjoyed warmode a lot.

I have never been corpse camped. And I have never corpse camped anyone, because it's boring. And even if I had been corpse camped. Oh well. It's PvP in an online game. Corpse camping happens in every online PvP game that has the ability to corpse camp.

I feel like all of the people crying about corpse camping saw one poster gripe about it, latched on to the idea, and throw it around like it's actually happened to them. Happens in every game. Warmode off then.

Also, agreed. Take out flying for Warmode. If you have warmode on and don't actually want to PvP, then just take Warmode off. Flying will definitely take away from wPvP, and warmode is an attempt to revive wPvP.
I was with you til you said take out flying. Lol.

Wrong and wrong.

You can't mount in combat, and if people are wanting to PvP they'll fight. If they want to escape there are many other ways that work even in combat. If people aren't wanting to PvP but just have warmode on for the bonus they're probably no challenge in PvP anyway and you just wanted an easy kill.

Immersion is a lie. It's a lie that was told in WoD to justify removing flying that failed. It's as much of a lie today as it was then. Pathfinder is about control. It's about forcing you to do things the way someone else wants you to do them at the pace they want you to do it. It has nothing to do with fun, because for some people flying is infinitely more fun.

Some people who like flying just want to retaliate against PvP arguments against flying by saying, fine just remove flight from PvP then. I know I don't care about PvP, but I think warmode disabling flight is dumb. But I'd be all for a PvP realm with flight disabled because playing on that realm would be a choice.
“Hover PvP” with flying mounts is just incredibly lame. It just encourages people with flying mounts to hover over enemies until theynhabe enough numbers and then they dive bomb.

My suggestion: Flying should never be enabled for War Mode. However, those War Mode players that have earned Pathfinder 2 should get a further bonus to their rewards/farming efficiency (say 25%).
Frankly I cant even say I care at this point what ruins a warmoders fun I got no interest in turning that crappile mode on if I want pvp I'll pvp in BGs
Give longer mount/dismount times for Warmode players.

Bliz could also make flying more height restrictive and make some items able to shoot down flyers.

But they won't cause players want their "protection" for flying. Danger while flying low? no way! would be the cries.
10/10/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Canadiana
Give longer mount/dismount times for Warmode players.

Bliz could also make flying more height restrictive and make some items able to shoot down flyers.

But they won't cause players want their "protection" for flying. Danger while flying low? no way! would be the cries.
I can get behind this.
I believe it is being proposed because flying is one of the major reasons some folks say the WPvP experience is lacking.

I love flying but I do not use warmode, so it seems like a good solution for everyone. No flying in warmode means more WPvP and if you would like to fly you can just turn it off and take to the skies.

I don't have a stake in this issue, people can have flying in warmode as far as I am concerned because there are in-game ways to dismount people. Everybody can be happy.

We could have mounted combat, which would be extremely fun and keep the WPvP in warmode with flying on, perhaps that is something that could be implemented in the future. Could be a cool idea.
10/10/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Erynlea
I believe it is being proposed because flying is one of the major reasons some folks say the WPvP experience is lacking.

I love flying but I do not use warmode, so it seems like a good solution for everyone. No flying in warmode means more WPvP and if you would like to fly you can just turn it off and take to the skies.

I don't have a stake in this issue, people can have flying in warmode as far as I am concerned because there are in-game ways to dismount people. Everybody can be happy.

We could have mounted combat, which would be extremely fun and keep the WPvP in warmode with flying on, perhaps that is something that could be implemented in the future. Could be a cool idea.
no. I only play this game in pvp. If I wanted to play a pve game I'd play ffxiv instead of wow. I dont want the way I play an mmorpg based on pvp ne crippled because some pve'ears cant handle dying and being ganked from the air.
Flying ruins PvP.
10/10/2018 02:31 AMPosted by Vola
Why are people advocating to remove flying from warmode all together?

Because presumably if you have WM turned on, you want to fight the other faction. Having the ability to jetpack away from a battle is not great for terms of immersion and sociability of WM

Flying is antisocial, while WM is social.
10/10/2018 02:31 AMPosted by Vola
Why are people advocating to remove flying from warmode all together?

Because over the years I've watched player behavior with flying. With all the complaints about how Alliance is outnumbered this could just be another means to escape the problem instead of creating an actual solution. Warmode for Alliance would just become "lets sit at skybox until things cool down". People wanted warmode this bad? Then fight back.

Keep flying out of warmode.
I actually like the idea of "no flying in Warmode", and should be the same for every zone too.

Flying isn't part of WPVP. Being on the group, fighting or being prepared to defend yourself as you have an incoming gank is WPVP.

Flying is just a Warmode "Warmode Off" version without having to go to a capital city.
Why are people advocating to remove flying from watmore all together?

You're already seeing this right now, but the problem with world PVP is that it actively rewards players for actively seeking out targets of opportunity instead of actually, like, fighting.

Flying mounts have the added-on problem of offering whoever is being jumped no reasonable means of reacting.

And it gets even worse if you consider the fact that some people will be leveling without flying mounts. When my fastest speed is a 100% land speed mount and you have a flying mount that does at least 310% speed, you have an open invitation to camp me, which then provides me with two options: get corpse camped relentlessly till this guy gets bored and leaves, or quit.

You don't have to quit ! Just turn off WM. This is something to be expected and those on pvp servers in the past now have an option to opt out of getting ganked...err..more ganked? If people are worried about not having flying when it becomes available, then that is something to work on now. Unfortunately, pathfinder is the only way.