Azerite Armor with no Traits

Customer Support
I received and piece of gear from my emissary this week called [Honorbound Outrider's Shoulderguards]. When I look at the tool tip for the item is says Shift-right click to view azerite powers. When I shift-right click this item I get an error message that says No azerite preview available for your class. I sent a message using the in game support ticket system and the reply I received was to try again with no add-ons enabled which I did before and after I sent the message. An image can be seen here

https://imgur.com/a/wW7sDzh

After a closer inspection of this image I noticed that it says Active Azerite Powers (0/0) so maybe I just got the worst piece of Azerite gear in the game. I also tried to look at this in every spec I have with no difference. Any feedback as to what can be done to correct this would be appreciated.
You'll want to submit a ticket, Noodelle. You can do so through the Support Site under World of Warcraft > In-Game Issue > Items and Mail > Loot Drop Problem
She did that already. She vendored it and bought it back. She destroyed it and restored it. It also says it on the original message above.
10/10/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Ritchehoof
She did that already. She vendored it and bought it back. She destroyed it and restored it. It also says it on the original message above.

Reopen the ticket.
Yes and I did submit a ticket in game already as I stated earlier in my original forum post. And I have submitted a response to the response as well clarifying that I had already tried their suggestion.
10/10/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Vrakthris
10/10/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Ritchehoof

Reopen the ticket.

Thanks for the reply.
10/10/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Noodelle
And I have submitted a response to the response as well clarifying that I had already tried their suggestion.

So wait on the response to that.
I appreciate the reply a lot, its just such a weird thing and I cannot see the traits at all but others can see them when I link them the piece and I have been told that it just has great traits for me on it.
Out of curiosity, have you done a UI reset (to the letter) to rule out a corrupt display file? Major red flags being thrown if everyone else can see the traits but you can't.

Disabling your addons (as I presume, simply by you saying "try again without addons enabled") is not the same thing.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549
10/10/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Ekon
10/10/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Noodelle
And I have submitted a response to the response as well clarifying that I had already tried their suggestion.

So wait on the response to that.

I am I am also afraid that the next response will be more things that are accusing me or blaming me for doing something to cause this to happen when it is not my fault that the gear is malfunctioning.
10/10/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Noodelle
I appreciate the reply a lot, its just such a weird thing and I cannot see the traits at all but others can see them when I link them the piece and I have been told that it just has great traits for me on it.

It is indeed strange. There was an issue with some items that had been hotfixed a week or so back, which I believe is why the Game Master originally recommended the standard UI reset, etc... . I'm not sure if this is a new issue or the same, but hopefully we'll be able to help.
10/10/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Ekon
Out of curiosity, have you done a UI reset (to the letter) to rule out a corrupt display file? Major red flags being thrown if everyone else can see the traits but you can't.

Disabling your addons (as I presume, simply by you saying "try again without addons enabled") is not the same thing.

yes i tried this
10/10/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Ekon

When I read others can see the traits, this is exactly what I was thinking as well.
10/10/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Vrakthris
10/10/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Noodelle

It is indeed strange. There was an issue with some items that had been hotfixed a week or so back, which I believe is why the Game Master originally recommended the standard UI reset, etc... . I'm not sure if this is a new issue or the same, but hopefully we'll be able to help.

makes sense I didn't know there was a fix for that already and that was not made apparent to my in their reply to my ticket. So it comes off as being my fault the gear isn't working when i read the response and it can be very frustrating.
Have you also tried a scan and repair, just to be sure?

On the Blizzard Launcher, there's an Options dropdown menu just beneath the World of Warcraft banner.

Select it and let it run, see what happens?
Just a small update. I was able to look at your character, Noodelle, and can also see the traits as well as interact with the item.

That usually indicates the issue is with the UI. I know you said you reset your UI once, but I'd highly recommend doing so again. A scan and repair as Ekon recommended wouldn't be a bad idea.
[Resolved]

Delete the Cache folder in the primary World of Warcraft directory. Doesn't appear to be an addon issue, it's apparently a cache issue. Just like the ilvl bug back in Legion.
I've been having the same issue. Weird thing is deleting cache folder only resets the traits of the azerite pc of the first character I log in. The other one would have the traits disappear again. I just can't have both characters' emissary azerite pc traits shown at the same time. Pls fix this issue.
I was doing world quests for the 370 azerite pieces from the emissary reward today with a friend and we did them on two characters each. 3 of the 4 items we received had no traits and were blank. 2 for her and 1 for me.

I tried deleting the cache folder and had no luck.

This already happened to her once before as well. GM said nothing he could do for that one. Having it happen 3 more times is just crazy.