Restoration breaking Moonkin Form

Druid
Hello, I'm playing a balance druid currently, I have Restoration Affinity (which gives you the abilities Rejuvenation, Swiftmend and Wildgrowth), while I can cast regrowth without it breaking Moonkin Form, I cannot cast none of the Restoration Affinity abilities without it breaking Moonkin Form.

I know Blizzard is very adamant about the gaming being as close to "realism in the world" as possible. Considering, mounts not longer take the Star Form of the druid (because clearly the mount isn't a part of the druid), being a Moonkin with the Restoration Affinity means that I am able to cast the restoration spells in my current form. While I'm sure there's an argument that "well then if you had Feral or Guardian affinity then you should be able to stay out of those forms and cast as well" logically this doesn't make sense. However, if you are a restoration druid and you have a moonkin affinity... you can clearly cast the spells of a moonkin without being in moonkin form...(minus starsurge, which makes sense.

Maybe, I'm just complaining but, in all honesty it doesn't make much sense to me. Using Astral Form in Blizzards definition is "appearing as an astrally enhanced version of your normal humanoid form". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
10/11/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Stiggy
being a Moonkin with the Restoration Affinity means that I am able to cast the restoration spells in my current form.

Nope.

Affinity talents are a messy system.
10/11/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Cyouskin
being a Moonkin with the Restoration Affinity means that I am able to cast the restoration spells in my current form.

Nope.

I agree that the affinity talents are incredibly messy right now. They don't synergize very well and if they allowed them to it would create more problems than fix.
You can cast clone in moonkin form which is really handy against mages so they can't polly you.
I’ve brought this up many times. I’d be inclined to use Resto affinity even post nerf if casting rejuvenate and swiftmend didn’t take me out of form. It makes no sense that it does and I hate it. Feels horrible. So for now, I’ve made my peace with guardian. Being a stringer offhealer appeals to me more than an off tank but for the split second Resto was better, they nerfed it hard :P
For me, the big issue with Resto Affinity is that you have to use at least two globals just to get off a rejuv and then get back into moonkin form. In that time, you're stuck out of a form that would otherwise mitigate incoming damage, almost making the heal not worth the time it took.

Either it shouldn't break form or swapping forms should have charges that override the GCD. If you shift out too many times in a row (powershifting), you blow through these charges and then forms are back on the GCD.
10/11/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Cyouskin

Nope.

You mean Druid forms and shapeshifting is a messy sytem. Like how I get kicked to caster form after completing a world quest. No other classes with healing abilities have to wait two seconds plus to use their heals, we get screwed and Blizzard knows it.
However, if you are a restoration druid and you have a moonkin affinity... you can clearly cast the spells of a moonkin without being in moonkin form...(minus starsurge, which makes sense.

You have to enter moonkin form to cast the affinity version of Lunar Strike, as well.
Just stumbled on this the other day with guardian affinity. When going into bear form. You can use frenzied regeneration with NO BUILD UP. Go in bear and you can use it immediately. Big heal ! I remember having to build up resources first.
10/13/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Xenpachi
Just stumbled on this the other day with guardian affinity. When going into bear form. You can use frenzied regeneration with NO BUILD UP. Go in bear and you can use it immediately. Big heal ! I remember having to build up resources first.

That's because Frenzied Regeneration costs 10 Rage and entering Bear Form gives you 20 rage.
I don't even bother with the ones that take me out of form, due to the obnoxious gcd costs. If I'm questing with my brother's mage or doing an island expedition with him and my sister or something, the 5 or so regrowths I can afford in form plus whatever I can cast after from mana regen and Ysera's Gift passive healing has tended to be enough.

Using any of the affinity actives is just horrible under the current gcd system.
Heck, balance affinity has a 1min cd for Moonkin form if you are feral but not resto or guardian.