Please Start Using your Forums

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 21 Next
10/11/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Snowfox
I like how in a thread asking for more blue involvement here we decided to flame and attack the blue engaging us here.

The irony is pretty awesome.
Does it ever make your head hurt? I am constantly amazed at how egotistical some of the people here are.
10/11/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Aehl
Despite my growing frustration and I will confess, disillusionment, with the current situation, I have done my best to be civil.
I cannot speak for Snowfox but I can say that you should not consider yourself to be included in the group I responded to her about. You have indeed remained civil. You are a good example for us. Thank you! :)
10/11/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Ythisens
10/11/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Ryzos
I saw that but why take any questions from Twitter then?

Not everyone uses the forums. Forums are a very small percentage of any user base, even WoW.

There are some folks that use say Twitter for instance that refuse to come here, but still play the game. There are even folks submitting questions on Facebook that don't like either Twitter or the forums. Just like some players on the forums dislike Twitter, there are folks who have the opposite opinion.

I don't know man like GW2 and ESO developers and moderators talk on their forums daily with their community all the time. Heck even the guy that got fired in July for not minding his business from GW2 talked a lot on the game's forums. I sadly miss him, but it is what it is. Nevertheless regardless of the playerbase that talks on the forums. Those who represent Blizzard should always communicate at their home base actively than outside source.

I might not like Overwatch developers, but they do somewhat talk daily to their player base especially the head director. Love his passion, but dislike the direction and balance he has taken the game.
Blizzard should just give up the Q&A - doesn't seem to help with "communications to the player". Do a written question/answer thing like mm-champ does, put it on GD, make links from Twitfaceborks and call it a day.

The video thing is not going over very well. No matter how hard Ion and Lore works, the effort is being dismissed every time. Every other guy has a "that was crap cuz they didn't answer MY question" attitude after every Q&A lately.

They'll tell us stuffs when they're ready.
We are told:

"Use Twitter". We did. Result: silence.

"Post constructively" - I have. Result: silence.

"Use the Q and A" - I have. Eight times. Result: silence.

I am at a total loss to understand why it is that the OCE community has not received any kind of feedback or response to issues raised, and if the avenues above are not going to yield any kind of reply, to whom do I direct further feedback?

Back in 2016 we were asked to post feedback on the night and day issue. We did.

And to date we have not recieved one word of response. I ask again why this is, and ask when can we expect a CM to actually communicate on the OCE forums?
10/11/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Aehl
I am at a total loss to understand why it is that the OCE community has not received any kind of feedback or response to issues raised,
I feel the same and I am not on your server and I knew nothing about these problems until we spoke about a month ago. In other words, it basically doesn't affect me but It upsets me that despite your continued civility- that has lasted far longer than many upset GD posters, you receive no answers.

I am more often than not a Blizzard supporter but it is unfathomable to me that your issue continues to be passed up. I only tell this to you so that perhaps it makes you feel a bit better knowing someone gets it. I am nobody and there is nothing I can do to help you but I do feel bad.
it basically doesn't affect me but It upsets me that despite your continued civility- that has lasted far longer than many upset GD posters, you receive no answers.

i was in CS a long time and patience is kinda a must in that field, so I try.

I am nobody

I very much beg to differ.
10/11/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Ythisens
There's literally a sticky at the top of the forums where we asked you to submit questions for the Q&A.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769766993
nobody said there wasnt.
10/11/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Kellorion
There's literally a sticky at the top of the forums where we asked you to submit questions for the Q&A.
nobody said there wasnt.

He/she didnt read OP's post. Blizzard Quality.
10/11/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Aehl
I am nobody

I very much beg to differ.
Thank you. {hugs}
10/11/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Kellorion
nobody said there wasnt.

10/11/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Drajilough
He/she didnt read OP's post. Blizzard Quality.

It was clearly implied by the thread title: "Please Start Using your Forums" That title acts like they don't ever use the forums.
Meh, they spend most of their time on twitter talking about how awesome they are. It's just easier to take ''feedback'' on twitter, they are already there!
10/11/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Atharnos
This is absolutely ridiculous. Just admit you cherry picked softballed questions from Twitter for the Q&A. I know it, you know it, Ion Halitosis knows it, we all know it. Be a man and step up.
I read through about 8 pages of the question thread. As a result, I recognized at least 2 of the questions they answered as coming from the forums. Stop spread malicious misinformation.
10/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Woopei

Is there a reason the "Live" part can't be on your own website?

Also, why are you "literally" so snarky all the time when there is zero call for it?

I liked his reply. It was straight to the point. If it bothers you, grow thicker skin.
The Q&A was pretty informative overall, they touched almost all the concerns with azerite armor, a big part of the complains atm imo, people complaining here are biased cause they think their questions specifically should've been answered, and regarding those people, they just need to grow up.
Seriously? You have to be subbed to the game to comment here on the WoW forums. Any twit can tweet on twitter so long as they have a twitter account.

Why is the feedback of people who may not actually be subbed to the game; who have no vested interest in it, more important to WoW devs than those of paying subs?
10/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Woopei

Is there a reason the "Live" part can't be on your own website?

Also, why are you "literally" so snarky all the time when there is zero call for it?

He also said Ornyx would write a goodbye post too.
10/11/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Ythisens

Ohh quit with the regurgitated "Not everyone uses the Forums" line.
People play the game and "refuse" to use the official forums? Sounds like a personal problem "They" need to get over.

Twitter is not even third party, they are their own party.

You by far are the worst at understanding best business practices. You sound like a newly hired TSR.

You may not like it but I'm being honest with you. Forums are not the most popular destination when it comes to where the game is discussed. I think forums are the best place given that a poster's ability to craft better posts is vastly superior here, but If your customers are largely in another place is it a good business practice to be where they are as well or ignore that they're in another place too? There is only one right answer to that question if you're looking at it from a business perspective.

Why do you think we also read other fan sites and third party sites like Reddit, Twitter, and Discord? Players are there. It's a simple fact and reasoning.

Can I be unsubscribed to the game and Post on these third party sites? If so, I can unsub soon.