Why are DH so bad?

Arenas
https://tinyurl.com/y8nkm8ax

Thought a lot more people would be playing DHs. I mean according to the forums they are the most OP class in the game right after Rogues. However according to Arenamate they are just bad. They are just barely better than Locks are we are just awful this expansion....ROFL
Well rep % isn't the end all be all due to various factors. However like we saw with Assassination and Enhance once a spec is OP it does quickly rise in rep in BfA. Also according to https://www.worldofwargraphs.com the % of 120's that are DH are the same as other classes (for example 7.6% of 120's are Rogues and DH is 7.5%).

If they were as OP as people around here sometimes claim they'd surely be seen in every match as Assassination and Enhance (and other specs) were for a time. I have a DH and tbh it's nothing special. I feel my SV Hunter, Rogue, Moonkin, and Enhance are all better overall.
Take this with a grain of salt as this is my first season of PvP (yes, ever) even as a 10+ year player. I'm sitting at Rival in 3's right now, so I can't comment on the high end of the ladder exclusively, and am admittedly on the lower end as far as caliber of play goes. That being said, from my own experience playing Havoc up to this point it's a combination of a couple of things.

1. Lack of ability to deal with CC. Not just any CC, but roots/slows in particular. Even with the best gap closing the game has to offer, it's hard to stick on any target that has just a couple of alternating snares.

2. Lack of 'bursty' single-target damage. I'm not saying our damage is low, just our single target damage. Obviously Havoc has one of the best spreads for AOE that there is, if not the best, but sit us on one target for too long and we become a bit of a wet noodle.

Interested to see someone with more experience chime in (if they do) and offer input. I could be way off base here, but that's what I'm seeing.
It's not popular, that's all.
new class, with only 2 spec choices

monks didnt see a large scale of representation until legion really
10/12/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Torne

Wonder why DH didnt take off like DKs did?
10/12/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Liliciä

Just as many people have DH's at 120 as any other class.
Representation doesn't necessarily coincide with how well a class performs.
You need to take into account that DHs have only existed for one expansion, whereas locks have been around since Vanilla.

According to a reddit post, realmpop said that during Legion out of all 110s, DH was the most represented class on US realms. That number has gone down a bit for BfA.. But what does that really mean? Does that mean that the majority people had swapped mains for DH? No.. it just means that they leveled one.

Hard to expect DHs to be as popular as any other class, as people have grown attached to their mains over the years. I think most DHs you see roaming around are likely alts, I know mine is.
10/12/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Stealthoncd
Representation doesn't necessarily coincide with how well a class performs.
You need to take into account that DHs have only existed for one expansion, whereas locks have been around since Vanilla.

According to a reddit post, realmpop said that during Legion out of all 110s, DH was the most represented class on US realms. That number has gone down a bit for BfA.. But what does that really mean? Does that mean that the majority people had swapped mains for DH? No.. it just means that they leveled one.

Hard to expect DHs to be as popular as any other class, as people have grown attached to their mains over the years. I think most DHs you see roaming around are likely alts, I know mine is.

Yeah but like I said, if they were so OP you'd see people abusing them in PvP. Just how Assassination rep in 2v2 jumped from a normal (high but within the realm of normal) 8% to an unheard of 16%. There are just as many 120 Rogues as there are 120 Demon Hunters. People had no issue jumping on that Assassination bandwagon, and they'd have no issue jumping on the DH one as well if they are just as broken.

Don't misconstrue this as me saying DH is bad because they aren't. I'm just pointing out the fact that players aren't flocking to them as they have other OP specs and you have to wonder why. it's certainly not because they don't have them at 120.
Dh is really good. Assa and enhance were broken far more until the nerfs. I have played against a lot of variety in comps since the nerf and have seen quite a few dh teams at 2.4 or higher.

Right now DH/boomy/rsham is one of the best overall comps. Double dh is also really good, there is just not a lot of high arena experience dh
10/12/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Liliciä

DK's weren't popular for a long time either champ, you just didn't play back then.
nobody plays them because they're cringy and lame
they have less depth than frost dks
and are restricted to blood elfs and night elfs

they do nearly the highest melee dps
have more utility than 90% of melee
and have more mobility than 100% of melee

however most people have been playing the same classes for years
fotming is real but most people dont swarm the new classes right after they come out because it's a big investment compared to the other 8 classes they have maintained for years fotming

monks didnt really pick up until legion
dks also werent everywhere instantly either and they were extremely op
Id play dh but i cba to lvl a 4th character yet, give me a couple months
They just not as good as people claims to be, they seems to be good at bg and low rating arena but they are actually not good.
DH skillcap is simply too high for your average DH.
Extrapolate from that what you will.
because even though the noobs look at the leaderboard at the end of the match and go omg they do so much damage!

they actually dont do that much damage, they can't solo a healer like enh and assas could
They aren't bad, but they do similar damage to a sin rogue, without the mortal strike effect, plus their stuns are shorter and on a longer cool down, and they have to choose between a snare or a stun. Rogue/warrior will pretty much always be better. Enhance has similar damage with offheals and offensive purge.

DH toolkit just isn't as strong as other options.
DH literally break CC by pressing jump three times, you have a kick on 15s CD like everybody else and have stuns, you're delusional to think you're at any disadvantage with your crazy burst and high mobility.
10/12/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Xanzil
DH literally break CC by pressing jump three times

huh?