once you realize wow is NOT

General Discussion
the story of 2 equal but different factions at war, but rather the story of the horde, featuring alliance as a plot device everything starts making sense.

like, just think about that for a second, and once you realize its true you wont need to complain on the forums about it anymore. trust me.
10/13/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Dirtytricks
the story of 2 equal but different factions at war, but rather the story of the horde, featuring alliance as a plot device everything starts making sense.

like, just think about that for a second, and once you realize its true you wont need to complain on the forums about it anymore. trust me.

It's no fun. I don't like it, but I have yet to figure out how to get the writers to stop being dumb.
If that's the case...

Then the Horde are the main characters and the main character is good guy.

The Alliance are the bad guys thank you for confirming this.
You can use that same argument but the opposite of the Horde being a plot device rather than the Alliance depending on the perspective of the character you're playing on.
10/13/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Hankypanky
If that's the case...

Then the Horde are the main characters and the main character is good guy.

The Alliance are the bad guys thank you for confirming.

Obviously the alliance club cute baby seals as their national pass time, they are ever the cruel villains.
Or Maybe darling, they are following an old fantasy war pattern. The big bad guys almost take over the world but <sips a little wine> at the last minute when all is dark and hope is lost.....Great hero appears and rallies the troops and its a win for the good guys.......he might even make out with his sister and redeem his dad in the process
10/13/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Suneil
You can use that same argument but the opposite of the Horde being a plot device rather than the Alliance depending on the perspective of the character you're playing on.

except ive played both factions thoroughly and came to this conclusion after that fact.
10/13/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Dirtytricks
10/13/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Suneil

except ive played both factions thoroughly and came to this conclusion after that fact.

Maybe you just prefer the Horde's writing? I haven't finished the Horde campaign yet, but I will say that so far I do like it a bit more than what the Alliance got. Some good parts in the Alliance areas but areas like Stormsong are especially full of fluff once you get past the main storyline.
10/13/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Suneil
10/13/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Dirtytricks

Maybe you just prefer the Horde's writing? I haven't finished the Horde campaign yet, but I will say that so far I do like it a bit more than what the Alliance got. Some good parts in the Alliance areas but areas like Stormsong are especially full of fluff once you get past the main storyline.

this game has had a significant horde bias since early vanilla. its always been horde first, alliance plot device.
10/13/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Dirtytricks

I see no problem with this rationalization :)

#WorldOfSylvanas #ForTheHorde
10/13/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Dirtytricks
10/13/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Suneil

this game has had a significant horde bias since early vanilla. its always been horde first, alliance plot device.

True, it has always had horde bias, but they seem so much less concerned these days about how blatant they are about it.

This is the first expansion that I have seen so many Alliance just flat out fed up with it because it is so rampant and blatant. It is really pretty sad to see the path it is taking.
I'm still waiting for the War to start.......... where is the War?
Sitting on a lowbie alt to complain, grab yourself a Snickers bar.
10/13/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Actasanc

im not sitting on a lowbie alt. my mains are horde, on thrall.

all horde characters on thrall that follow the following naming convention are mine:

vampsy + class name

exceptions are my main, a druid which is vampsyjoat

on thrall. im posting on this character because i think her name is more forum friendly than an inside joke between me and my guild that always leaves these forums going "HAHAHA SAYS THE VAMP GUY, WUTS UP EDGELORD" yea. exactly.
10/13/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Dirtytricks

Yeah like how the horde had more territory, and like how the horde capital city was way more worked on than the alliance one. And how the horde race was so much better that blizzard feel the need to put a requested race on the alliance in BC...

just to prove im not sitting on a lowbie alt or complaining. im horde, im certainly not complaining about alliances lack of competent stories.

and just to further prove my point.

you can go ahead and whisper me any time, on any of my characters, im always down for making more friends. and my druid is a tank, so i can greatly lower your instance queues.
Oh look another Alliance whining thread. How original.
10/13/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Saphi
Oh look another Alliance whining thread. How original.

if you would actually read the thread, you would realize my main is a level 120 horde character, that i posted on to stop these ridiculous replies, and im exclusively a horde player these days.