Will the faction imbalance ever be fixed?

General Discussion
The mythic G'huun race has come to a close for horde. 100 Horde guilds have downed mythic G'huun, closing out the hall of fame top 100 for Horde.

Meanwhile only 12 Alliance guilds have done the same, with 88 spots still available on their hall of fame.

88 vs. 12

With more and more guilds going Horde for various reasons, whether it's chasing the influx of players or to get that blood elf racial for Zul, will the Alliance still exist competitively by the next expansion?

IMO, nerfing EMFH really was the last nail in the imbalance battle coffin.
No it won't unless blizzard forces it or gives alliance insane racial traits that break the game. The only thing to do is roll horde until the game is 100% horde and then they can just retire the alliance side and we can all be one happy people.
They messed up beyond repair on racials and faction balances. So much so that I hope it was intentional because if it wasn't then they need to put someone different on racial balances.

Here is the only thing that I could think happens where the alliance comes back at one point.

That is in that the horde becomes so elite and top tier, that there is no starting from the bottom anymore. Essentially where all their PUGs start to require AoTC, 800+ raider IO for a +3 key. 1900+ experience just for an Arena cap etc.

This might give the alliance some kind of potential for growth because people that just want to play casually or just want to try end game content start moving over for the less gated atomsphere and that growth would create new raiders/pvpers etc.

But with the current state of the game I doubt that would happen. But I can say the horde is slowly becoming what I stated above.
High Elves will bring the numbers closer in-line.
No.. For it to be fixed, there must be balance and free faction transfers across the board. This game has never been balanced. It just swings from one high point to another.
People join the Horde because we have an open bar.. what have you got?
Didn't they say you can't group find mythic till 100 of each have cleared ? Could be a long time.
10/14/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Azuremi
Didn't they say you can't group find mythic till 100 of each have cleared ? Could be a long time.

Yep. Not good for either - means Horde guilds that are behind can't use it to complete it themselves, and worse, Alliance can't use it to get a raid together either.
10/14/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Ryzos
They messed up beyond repair on racials and faction balances. So much so that I hope it was intentional because if it wasn't then they need to put someone different on racial balances.

Pretty sure it is 'working as intended'. The whole point is to get more players Horde side to make things easier for Horde guilds and players.

This is the kind of thing that becomes a problem when not only are all the dev's playing one side they also have no qualms about imbalancing the game in that faction's favor.

BFA has been one big Horde bonus after another, everything from the racials, to population balances, to the story, to Hordemode, to favorable Warfront "bugs". The overall WoW population is low enough now and trending even further down that killing off half the playerbase isn't going to change anything.

The end is in sight 'might as well ride it out in style' seems to be their train of thought.
I don't think blizzard cares about pve faction balancing.

If they did, they would have offered free transfers when they introduced famed slayer.
10/14/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Azuremi
They will need to change it or we will never be able to pug it xrealm until the next patch
Faction imbalance is social not strength based. Larger pool of players means a larger potential for Mythic capable players. The only way that it will change is if, instead of being balanced, Alliance racials become grotesquely overpowered.

Method have said themselves that this is the case, until something is stupidly broken resulting in them having to change to remain competitive they won't.

The cost involved for a guild is huge when considering transferring as well so this has to be taken into consideration.
The time to fix it was back when Method went Horde for racials. It's just far too late to fix it.

Even if racials were perfectly balanced, there'd be no incentive for guilds to return to the Alliance and a good incentive to stay Horde(size of high end playerbase).

It's a mess of Blizzard's own making and there's only 1 solution for it: Cross-faction grouping.

Now it's just a matter of is Blizzard's obstinate in "MUH ORCS AND HUMANS" nonsense finally gives up or not.
10/14/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Sorelai
No.. For it to be fixed, there must be balance and free faction transfers across the board. This game has never been balanced. It just swings from one high point to another.
Not perfectly balanced but the imbalance has never been this bad. Typically it would of been around 60/40 back and fourth. But that stopped around in MoP and started leaning heavily towards horde.

The only way to really fix it is to offer reduced/free transfers to Alliance for a limited time while also making the Alliance racials OP for a while. Once balance is in a decent spot, then you make the racials balanced and take away the reduced/free transfers.

However, this current dev group doesn't seem interested in this. And the problem will continue to get worse until someone even higher up forces the issue.
I for one am a Hordie that has not personally even entered normal ghuun yet..... But I'll go ahead and say this since you're grouping this as Horde v Alliance.

Get Good.
10/14/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Gjoni
I for one am a Hordie that has not personally even entered normal ghuun yet..... But I'll go ahead and say this since you're grouping this as Horde v Alliance.

Get Good.
So like this?
Probably the determining factor Midwinter mentioned when they went Horde was recruitment. Over the years, the Alliance playerbase has faced attrition as more and more guilds went Horde for that very reason. It's just slowly bleeding out.
Here's what you do:

1.) Disable racials in the current mythic raid, and rated BGs/arenas.
2.) Give free transfers to people to transfer to the other side.

10/14/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Moonfalls
to the story

It's funny because I hate the story. Honestly it's less a story and more a Forsaken fan fiction.

Get Good.

Weird, you sound like a troll but you're an orc.

Get Good.

So you have no idea about the actual problem and why it's happened, and instead just call into question the players' skill?

The reason this is a problem is that years back, the Horde racials were better in PvE, and after the nerfs to EMfH, were also better in PvP. Top players and guilds migrated to the Horde for that small edge, and a number of players followed to try and get into those guilds and to have an easier time grouping at high level. Over the next several years this got worse and worse until even the most die hard top Alliance guilds finally gave up and moved - the pool of raiders at a high level on Alliance side had all but dried up, as those who weren't already in a guild moved to the side saturated with opportunity.

It's entirely Blizzard's fault for allowing the racials to stay imbalanced for so long, to the point guilds moved. It caused a huge shift in both PvE and PvP, and that's where we are now.

It's plain as day.