Will the faction imbalance ever be fixed?

General Discussion
10/14/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Byniri
Here's what you do:

1.) Disable racials in the current mythic raid, and rated BGs/arenas.
2.) Give free transfers to people to transfer to the other side.
That won't resolve it as you still have the recruitment issue. There needs to be an incentive for players to transfer to Alliance and as it currently stands, there is more incentive to stay horde as it means stable recruitment pools and stable guilds. The endgame scene for Alliance is so abysmal that it'd take much more to fix than just free transfers.
10/14/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Espur
10/14/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Gjoni
I for one am a Hordie that has not personally even entered normal ghuun yet..... But I'll go ahead and say this since you're grouping this as Horde v Alliance.

Get Good.

So you have no idea about the actual problem and why it's happened, and instead just call into question the players' skill?

The reason this is a problem is that years back, the Horde racials were better in PvE, and after the nerfs to EMfH, were also better in PvP. Top players and guilds migrated to the Horde for that small edge, and a number of players followed to try and get into those guilds and to have an easier time grouping at high level. Over the next several years this got worse and worse until even the most die hard top Alliance guilds finally gave up and moved - the pool of raiders at a high level on Alliance side had all but dried up, as those who weren't already in a guild moved to the side saturated with opportunity.

It's entirely Blizzard's fault for allowing the racials to stay imbalanced for so long, to the point guilds moved. It caused a huge shift in both PvE and PvP, and that's where we are now.

It's plain as day.

This. And I think warmode is making this worse. The few remaining players see that warmode is 20 horde per 1 alliance and they either turn it off immediately or get ganked 24/7. If horde get a free 10% advantage over alliance, they might as well migrate as well.
10/14/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Kinndystorm
This. And I think warmode is making this worse. The few remaining players see that warmode is 20 horde per 1 alliance and they either turn it off immediately or get ganked 24/7. If horde get a free 10% advantage over alliance, they might as well migrate as well.

This is also a problem. It's not a huge deal, but every time I've had it on since I hit 120 in the first two days, any time I go to any zone - Horde or Alliance - I'm hit by roving packs of Horde players.
Warmode needs more incentives to participate in for the outnumbered faction.

Maybe extra % bonuses (from 10% to 15/20% depending on the ratio), something like tenacity (small 5% stat boosts, etc).

The way it works now, it's very easy for snowballing to happen like it did on a lot of PvP servers.

Oh, and FIX THE SHARDING!!!
10/14/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Espur

This is also a problem. It's not a huge deal, but every time I've had it on since I hit 120 in the first two days, any time I go to any zone - Horde or Alliance - I'm hit by roving packs of Horde players.
They clearly need to scale players based on number present per faction in server shards much like they did with Wintergrasp. So when a player is outnumbered 10 to 1, they're at least 10 times more powerful.
fixing it is impossible w/o giving the lesser side a perk to make people swap.

it would be easier to break the chain of forced faction so people can play the race they want, but choose faction they want.
This keeps them with the racials/character they like and follow the faction they like more.

both are likely not to happen anytime soon.
10/14/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Kinndystorm
The mythic G'huun race has come to a close for horde. 100 Horde guilds have downed mythic G'huun, closing out the hall of fame top 100 for Horde.

Meanwhile only 12 Alliance guilds have done the same, with 88 spots still available on their hall of fame.

88 vs. 12

With more and more guilds going Horde for various reasons, whether it's chasing the influx of players or to get that blood elf racial for Zul, will the Alliance still exist competitively by the next expansion?

IMO, nerfing EMFH really was the last nail in the imbalance battle coffin.
not to mention the blood elf racial being godly good in mythic+. dispelling every bone armor in underrot?
dispelling every earth shield in motherlode?

pretty good.
what do I have comparatively?
i can stun a target once every few minutes lulz.

Warmode should be changed:
20% for the faction that's at a disadvantage.
No bonus for the faction that has the advantage.
10% for both factions if they're roughly equal numbers in the zone.

Because being just a flat 10% bonus for being Horde is stupid and needs to change.
Will the faction imbalance ever be fixed?

No. Why would it be?
10/14/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Lockedheart
fixing it is impossible w/o giving the lesser side a perk to make people swap.

it would be easier to break the chain of forced faction so people can play the race they want, but choose faction they want.
This keeps them with the racials/character they like and follow the faction they like more.

both are likely not to happen anytime soon.

Do you think people would quit if they removed Horde vs Alliance and created one faction? Queue with anyone, join any guilds, have access to all capital cities?

I actually could get behind it, if they had a good lore reason leading up to it. (ahem, uniting against the burning legion >_>)
10/14/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Alacialuun
10/14/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Espur
They clearly need to scale players based on number present per faction in server shards much like they did with Wintergrasp. So when a player is outnumbered 10 to 1, they're at least 10 times more powerful.

I want to see this just to see one Alliance player with like 3 mil health running around fighting 10 Horde.