What do you miss about your class/spec?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I agree with the couple people above who mentioned Devouring plague. I miss the set up and the punch of Dp. I miss shadow being a dark priest and not a purple void god follower... I hate the void tentacle nonsense.. I really don’t like the direction shadow has gone in since we lost Dp. It’s really sad because it used to be my favorite spec.
Divine Aegis and Prayer of Mending.
On my Ret, in PvP, I miss having magic dispel instead of an interrupt. It was a different flavor from other melee. I'm also not a fan of all the HoJ clones out there nowadays (Storm Bolt, Asphyxiate, Fel Eruption).
Elemental used to be considered very very mobile compared to most casters. Yet they want to keep going down the road of making us just another turret caster spec. There's nothing fun about Ele anymore, all the uniqueness of the spec has been thrown out.

Used to be one of the only specs with a knockback. Now almost everything even Paladins "if you use the prot pvp talent" can have one. The spec used to feel like an Elemental shaman, now it's just your ordinary un-unique turret caster with nothing special about it.

So many classes lost their special touch, whether from stuff being taken or given to other classes. Everything is be homogenized into the same exact playstyle.
I miss bear form as a feral not being trash, I miss tranquility, I miss innervate, I miss cyclone, I miss nature abilities like hurricane and insect swarm for balance Druids, and I miss mark of the wild.

I hate that feral is just a crappy rogue again instead of a rogue utility healer hybrid.

My favorite spec is dying and blizz just seems eager to push it into a casket.
Long Arm of the Law and Emancipate. Divine Steed is the single worst thing to happen to Paladin in years, feels absolutely horrible. We wouldn't need to be huge damage bots if we had more uptime, and it would feel infinitely better than what we have now.
I miss when it actually existed (RIP MoP demo).
MoP WW Monk
If a BFA Marks spec tried to do the Rhok quest today... fail, on so many levels.
Soulburn, Fel Flame, CoEX, and Haunt using Soulshards.
10/17/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Ganaanaa
Soulburn, Fel Flame, CoEX, and Haunt using Soulshards.

Good times.
Affliction Warlock
-deathbolt should replace shadow bolt and benefit from baseline procs/buffs like shadowbolt
-Unstable affliction should be talent point based (or) haunt replaces unstable affliction
-dark glare should be talant point based
-Siphon life should be a baseline spell like Agony & Corruption
-phantom singularity should replace seed of corruption when talented
-nightfall, shadow embrace, and dark soul should be baseline procs/buffs
-A Grimmoire for improving summoned demons added to the same branch as grimoire of sacrafice
-drain soul and soul conduit should be in the same branch
Elemental Shaman and Warlock: Being able to PvP by themselves like only mage, hunter and melee classes do.
Power shifting. Root Rot. My Songbird Blouse. Clutch tanking a botched pull in a Tribute run as a healer, or clutch tanking during Majordomo because I actually did more than Innervate the priest. Ferahgo and Rubix. The unspoken druid code. Kiting the entire world in WSG for 45 minutes. Soloing, like, everything. Being a hybrid class.
I play a hunter and a warlock primarily. I play them because they are about as complex a class I can play and still have fun. I have personal uniquities that hinder my ability to play like most people play WOW today. I can not watch what is going on in the game on my screen, control my character with the keyboard, and use the mouse to click spells like most people do. I have to constantly be looking at my action bar and only am able to glimpse at my screen to see what is happening once every so often. During fights, I am that person standing in @#$% during a raid or dungeon. I do move, but as you can understand now, it is only because I eventually look at fight and react. I have tried key binds, special multi button mice and game boards. So with my play style, today's WOW is much harder to play than vanilla was and here is the big reason why. Back in vanilla it was so nice to enjoy the game and just have a standard spell rotation, but Blizzard removed that and integrated the priority system. unfortunately, they implemented it for every class. If blizzard would just bring back the rotation system for the hunter and or the warlock, that would make WOW so much easier to play for people with uniquities similar to myself. SO why the hunter and warlock? It does not have to be those two. it could be any class, but at least two classes would be nice.
10/17/2018 09:14 PMPosted by Landcruiser
Affliction Warlock
-deathbolt should replace shadow bolt and benefit from baseline procs/buffs like shadowbolt
-Unstable affliction should be talent point based (or) haunt replaces unstable affliction
-dark glare should be talant point based
-Siphon life should be a baseline spell like Agony & Corruption
-phantom singularity should replace seed of corruption when talented
-nightfall, shadow embrace, and dark soul should be baseline procs/buffs
-A Grimmoire for improving summoned demons added to the same branch as grimoire of sacrafice
-drain soul and soul conduit should be in the same branch

So to kind of explain why I put in the above comment, I wanted to come back and kind of explain.

So I know that many people have the cookie cutter build in BFA, which includes deathbolt and haunt. For many people, this probably is fine and very engaging for them. It turns the warlock into this johnny on the spot shadow mage if you will. Lots of stuff going on.

Now for players like myself, less is more and in most often easier to play.

So you have shadow bolt/drain life as a filler, you have agony and corruption, and if talented into it, siphon life too. On top of this, to make a warlock viable Blizzard decides that the only way to be competitive, in raids/mythics, is to complicate things and stack unstable affliction to not just do dps on its own, but increase the DOT damage too. This is all great, but now add haunt and deathbolt to the rotation and now we are really cooking. Ohh wait lets summon an extra demon to really make our dots stay up a little longer since creeping death makes them run out faster.

One big problem for customers like myself with this great design is that it is way too much going on, too much to keep track of, and not too mention knowing when to cast the added casting spells.

Warlocks are all about damage over time. Go read about locks and you will see that they are not about casting over and over and over. No, they are about applying dots and curses and killing by gradual wear down. Not this crazy over complicated play style.

I think the best design for warlocks was coincidentally in vanilla. The whole immolate thing was a weird spell being affliction is shadow based, but whatever. I suppose to hold back locks a little bit, they needed to have to cast something aside from shadow bolt. Which by the way was really fun. Some of you who played in vanilla on an affliction lock probably see a lot of resemblances between Vanilla affliction and what i recommended. I am all about inventing new spell to replace older ones to keep the game entertaining, but Blizzard, please leave the complicated stacking of spells and dots out of the class. Keep it so each spell has it own DPS. If you want to add multipliers, then do so with buffs or talent points, not through this if you want this then you have to jump through that. leave the spells by them selves.
Unpopular opinion post*

I miss having an option for a Prot warrior DPS build.

TBH I HATED!! Gladiator stance, but through engineering sheieds and rockets macro'd into certain abilities (since they were off the GCD), and a very specific talent build in WoD, I was able to make a decent DPS build Prot warrior without having to use Gladiator stance.

In raiding it would have been overshadowed by both fury and arms, but in BG's it was INCREDIBLE, because it had a pretty high sustained level of damage with all the mitigation of a regular prot spec.
Arcane:
Alter Time
Deep Freeze
Shatter
Cone of Cold
Frostjaw
Undispellable and stacking Arcane Missile procs
Blazing Speed
Good pathing on Blink and Arcane Orb
Mark of Aluneth
Incanter's Ward
Cold Snap
Mage Armor, Ice Armor and Molten Armor
Ice Lance
Old Presence of Mind
Old Ring of Frost
Evanesce
Charged Up and Arcane Power off the GCD
Frostfire Bolt
Ice Barrier
Evocation heal glyph
Mana Gem
Greater Invisibility removing 2 DoT effects
Improved Counterspell
Living Bomb
Frostbomb
Fire Blast

That's most of the spells I miss, probably missing few.
I miss not being dog!@#$, Heroic Strike, and Stances.
10/18/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Hutta
I miss not being dog!@#$, Heroic Strike, and Stances.

You're an arms warrior, you're literally OP in both pve and pvp right now lol