How to get more people into PVP

War Mode and World PvP
World PVP Currency:
Simple.... for every kill you get in the open world.. you get a coin... you use these coins on consumables/mogs/upgrade tokens.. etc. This gives players actual incentive to kill others in WPVP.

DeathMatch Mode:
Simple.... most people join random BG just to kill things, but its kind of annoying because people who play objectives get frustrated when they are the only one on the team trying to get flag back. This will keep the bloodthirsty fellows in their own little lane.

Allow more Qs:
If people could Q for more than 2 things at once.. it would drastically reduce Q times for pvp.... which means people spend time playing the game instead of waiting around doing nothing.

Exhibition Mode:
Allow an exhibition mode where teams are 100% random (horde and alliance dont matter etc) this will drastically reduce Q times and will be great for players who dont care about faction but just want games.

Solo Q for rated PVP:
Sometimes its hard playing this game... you spend 35 minutes making a group... you unfortunately lose your first game (because hey... it happens.. nobody wins every single game.. its just life ... son) and then your team disbands because the playerbase is insanely toxic. Here you are.... spending more time putting together a team instead of actually playing the game.... /yawn... this will also help eliminate toxicity because if players get faster Qs they have less reason to cry/whine after a loss.

Rating system re-vamp.
The current system promotes toxicity.
a 2700 player will not want to play with a 1500 player because his rating will tank.
What if the 2700 rated players rating could no longer drop below 2700 once he reaches it? this would encourage people to be friendly and less toxic.. because the 2700 player already earned 2700... and since he knows he cant dip below 2700 he will be more inclined to play with noobs/randoms since theres no risk of losing what he already earned .
None of that would change anything
10/19/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Mercelída
None of that would change anything

The only thing that would is a change in the playerbase's behavior.
better idea

gut horde racials to the point of being 100% useless, buff alliance ones to being necessary to succeed, and open up free one way transfers

only way to reverse a decade of horde favoritism by the devs
worst idea

gut horde racials to the point of being 100% useless, buff alliance ones to being necessary to succeed, and open up free one way transfers

Fixed that for you.

Anyway, that literally wouldn't fix anything. The general consensus when it came to racial abilities back then was for Alliance to have defensive racial abilities, while Horde has offensive racial abilities.

That was better balanced back in Vanilla, but over time it's strayed from that. Instead of gutting Horde racials, wouldn't it be better to just buff some Alliance racials?

Some Alliance racials are fine as is, (Night Elf, Void Elf, LF Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarf) but others could use a bit of touch up. Gnome racial could be buffed to prevent any slow or root for the next 4 seconds after breaking the current slows or roots. Dwarf could be changed to reduce all damage taken by 10% instead of just physical damage, Human racial could be changed to match the shared cooldown of Undead, (which is 30 seconds), Worgen could increase speed by 60% and increase critical strike for 10% for 10 seconds, Draenei could increase the targets health by 5% and heal the target for 25% over 4 seconds.

Things like this would be welcome changes in my opinion, without the need of gutting anyone.
Allow more Qs:
If people could Q for more than 2 things at once.. it would drastically reduce Q times for pvp.... which means people spend time playing the game instead of waiting around doing nothing.

Exhibition Mode:
Allow an exhibition mode where teams are 100% random (horde and alliance dont matter etc) this will drastically reduce Q times and will be great for players who dont care about faction but just want games.

I agree with allowing more queues, I mean why cap it in the first place.
Also agree with a mode like this, similar to arena. There are alot of groups of servers that favor massive horde numbers or massive alliance numbers resulting in one faction or the other having significantly longer queue times.
10/20/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Alphon
Human racial could be changed to match the shared cooldown of Undead, (which is 30 seconds)

omfg I would love this but no. Maybe instead of 2 minutes, it could be 1:30 or even back to 1. The reason it shouldn't exactly mirror Undead (and I play both) is one breaks Fear effects, which already break on damage and the other breaks stuns. On my Undead, I actually hardly have to use WotF.