Conquest Rewards Adjustment - Oct. 23

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
With weekly maintenance in each region, we've adjusted some Conquest rewards for Rated Battlegrounds.

Now, when you Rated Battleground ends in defeat, depending on how closely you lost (how near to the winning team in points/flag captures/etc.), you can gain 20-40 Conquest. Additionally:

• 2v2 – First win of the day rewards 35 Conquest; additional wins rewards 25 Conquest (was 10).
  • Rated Battlegrounds – First win of the day rewards 150 Conquest (was 100); additional wins reward 100 Conquest (was 65).
  • Rewards for 3v3 and unrated Battlegrounds have not been changed.
    wow thanks, now I'm going to go play my rogue when my friend logs on
    This. Is. Awesome.

Thanks
    nice!
    I'd be happy, but then I remembered I'm a windwalker so I'm gonna continue not queuing. :/
    Better, but why not just make it 10 wins in 2s or 3s to cap?
    10/23/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Kaivax
    With weekly maintenance in each region, we've adjusted some Conquest rewards for Rated Battlegrounds.

Now, when you Rated Battleground ends in defeat, depending on how closely you lost (how near to the winning team in points/flag captures/etc.), you can gain 20-40 Conquest. Additionally:

• 2v2 – First win of the day rewards 35 Conquest; additional wins rewards 25 Conquest (was 10).
  • Rated Battlegrounds – First win of the day rewards 150 Conquest (was 100); additional wins reward 100 Conquest (was 65).

What was the reasoning behind leaving Unrated players out of this adjustment? 8 conquest per non-daily win for an up to 30min game with an up to 15min queue means that my alts that I play who would have capped in past expansions through BGs alone are not even getting 1/4 through a cap per week. Some weeks I also either have a bad string of losses or just run out of time to even cap my main. Is this really necessary? Wasnt the aim of the piece-per-week system to give casual (unrated) players a way of keeping up to at least a competitive level with players who are benefiting from all the new ways to get high ilvl gear in PVE and in the higher brackets of arena?

If its the casual players who are struggling to use the system designed to specifically help them, shouldn't they be the ones to get some help from these adjustments?
    10/23/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Reptarstrike

What was the reasoning behind leaving Unrated players out of this adjustment? 8 conquest per non-daily win for an up to 30min game with an up to 15min queue means that my alts that I play who would have capped in past expansions through BGs alone are not even getting 1/4 through a cap per week. Some weeks I also either have a bad string of losses or just run out of time to even cap my main. Is this really necessary? Wasnt the aim of the piece-per-week system to give casual (unrated) players a way of keeping up to at least a competitive level with players who are benefiting from all the new ways to get high ilvl gear in PVE and in the higher brackets of arena?

If its the casual players who are struggling to use the system designed to specifically help them, shouldn't they be the ones to get some help from these adjustments?

Casual players should not be able to be competitive with Competitive players or else there would be no reason to play competitively. The time and effort you put it should define the reward you get. For once blizzard seems to understand that.
    10/23/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Brakon
    10/23/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Reptarstrike

Casual players should not be able to be competitive with Competitive players or else there would be no reason to play competitively. The time and effort you put it should define the reward you get. For once blizzard seems to understand that.

Now that PVP gear is undifferentiated from PVE gear (no longer benefits from a raised ilvl in instanced PVP since Legion), the piece-per-week system was put in place so that unrated PVPer's would at least remain as competitive as Normal difficulty Raiders. Simply having 355 gear drop for BG wins was clearly not an option so this is the road they decided to go down.

Off-topic, just how wide do you think the gear gap should be between Unrated and Rated players? If you are already better at the game, why do you feel you need any additional advantage at all? Wouldn't you feel its less rewarding were you to beat a player you know is 5/10/25% less effective than you? PVP gear used to be about creating an even playing field so that PVPer's could meet in any PVP format as relative equals (as far as gear is concerned), and the victor would more likely be the person who played better. In Legion that even playing field was done away with so that higher ilvl gear and "glad" pieces could be exploited to lure people into playing Rated PVP more often.

I'm rambling. But I am curious: if as you say "the time and effort you put in should define the reward you get" how large a gap are you talking about, both in time, effort and +% effectiveness in PVP?

wait wait wait wait wait
    These aren't the solution to us wanting more choice, right? It can't be, i'm just being a jaded, emotionally broken cynic, right?
    this is just a temp fix for live, right?
    if only they would fix unholy like they said weeks ago so i can actually play competitively now...
    no love for unranked?
    Dont get me wrong, these are nice changes indeed.
    Still randoms give almost nothing.

Thanks, but No Thanks

Some of us just want to do random games and 8 points a win takes forever.

Now instead of having to win 8 times as much, we'll have to win 10 times more matches.
    Thank you for upping the Conquest gained from subsequent 2v2 wins, it was desperately needed.

However, random battlegrounds need an increase even more. Battlegrounds by their nature take longer to complete than any bracket of Arena and the Conquest rates should reflect that in unrated battlegrounds.

A subsequent rate of 30 Conquest points per subsequent unrated battleground won would seem like a more fair equation if we're going to get 25 Conquest per 2v2 win; and 10 Conquest per unrated battleground loss simply due to how often the Alliance lose to a Horde premade group and how Horde queues are usually a 7+ min wait to get in to; considering how bad the faction imbalance is right now this seems fair without devaluing Conquest point rewards for rated Arena.

Thank you so much! This is a very welcome change :)