Can we have the option for solo-q already?

Arenas
I just wanna find teammates around the same MMR and not lose 15 rating back to back for queuing with people with 0 cr.

But you can just state the MMR you want in LFGs!
Yeah i can do that, but with the state that PvP is in, it will take forever to get slots filled. In addition, it takes too much effort to check if the person is in the same mmr bracket as you.
No

This is an MMO. Make friends.
I don't think theres enough players to make solo que viable
10/28/2018 03:25 AMPosted by Explîcît
No

Did you just assume I don't make friends?

Jokes aside, I'm just asking for an option for solo-queue, you can continue to queue with friends if you want to. Just provide an easier avenue for us to find people with similar experience/mmr to play with.

Or make it less punishing for players who are trying to encourage people with 0 cr to PvP.
10/28/2018 04:00 AMPosted by Teeki
No

Did you just assume I don't make friends?

Jokes aside, I'm just asking for an option for solo-queue, you can continue to queue with friends if you want to. Just provide an easier avenue for us to find people with similar experience/mmr to play with.

Or make it less punishing for players who are trying to encourage people with 0 cr to PvP.

dont ask for anything on these forums. this is one of the most toxic forums ive ever been on iny my life and ive been on some pretty bad ones.
Solo que would promote much more activity to the arena IMO.

Thats much more important than

No

tHiS iS aN mMo mAkE fRiEnDs.\
All I want in regards to solo queue is 2v2 skirmishes back for healers. They could easily do this and only put heal/dps vs heal/dps and double dps vs double dps with minimal effort.
No

Terrible response since the system already has LFR for PvE.

It's time to make change with a rated solo queue option. Keep the current LFG system in the game and on a separate ladder to keep the people with weak arguments happy.
10/28/2018 02:56 AMPosted by Teeki
I just wanna find teammates around the same MMR and not lose 15 rating back to back for queuing with people with 0 cr.

Yeah i can do that, but with the state that PvP is in, it will take forever to get slots filled. In addition, it takes too much effort to check if the person is in the same mmr bracket as you.

You will never get anywhere raiting wise with this system. Comp is super important and if you cant choose your comp... Well... Rip.
No

I hate you, and I hope you have a miserable life.
10/28/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Cagorar

You will never get anywhere raiting wise with this system. Comp is super important and if you cant choose your comp... Well... Rip.

I've been pugging my games this season and I've played with heaps of random comps. Sure, certain comps like frozen chicken makes games a little bit easier as compared to warrior/boomie for example. But I realise a 0 cr frost mage which doesn't know polymorph exist vs a warrior who knows how to connect a fear makes up for the difference.

Likewise in a solo-queue system, your opponents have an close to equal chance to be sorted in a random comp. While I can see that this might be a problem in higher brackets (2K and above?), I reckon most people who would use the solo-queue system aren't looking to push rating and instead are just players who are looking to get some games in for mounts or a shot at lower bracket titles (maybe?).

This is why I'm asking for solo-queue to be an option instead of replacing the current system, this will allow players who wish to pursue their end game PvP goals to continue to use the current LFG system while at the same time allow individuals who are just looking to get some games in for conquest cap etc. an avenue to play games without scrolling through the tons of request on LFG hoping that their partners are in the same bracket as them.
It would be hard to balance the system. What if it gave you double mage and a healer?

Blizzard is horrible at balancing classes let alone trying to setup a new mm system. The current system isn't great but it's all this game has.
10/28/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Sunorc
Terrible response since the system already has LFR for PvE.

systems that should never have been added so lets not make the game worse lmao
No it ruins the sense of community!!
No

This has to be one of the dumbest arguments against something I have heard in here. As if everyone friends play the game 24/7 7 days a week. Get tf out kid.

I might as well add the truth to why people don't want to see change. They have these weak as arguments for a reason. The truth is, they will miss farming your booty for free rating. Imagine a world where they fought a team with communication every game lol. They would come to find out they are probably not as good as they thought.

Many games have a system in place to prevent solo queue players from facing uneven odds. If you match up solo the other team will have a solo queue player as well. This isn't hard to manage I have seen it done in many games.
Ugh queuing with complete randoms with no voice would be cancer
no thats why i quit league
10/29/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Biophage
Ugh queuing with complete randoms with no voice would be cancer

Then don't do it? Wow also has voice people might use it for solo rated q's.
10/28/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Gwenchan
It would be hard to balance the system. What if it gave you double mage and a healer?

Blizzard is horrible at balancing classes let alone trying to setup a new mm system. The current system isn't great but it's all this game has.

It's called the law of averages. It could look for a ranged/melee/healer... Sure it would be a longer que time but it would be slightly more balanced.

If it's its own bracket, then everyone q'ing would experience the same lucky/unlucky matchups and the law of averages would dictate that the better the player, the more matches on average they would win anyways.

www.wowthugger.com

every person ive grouped with from LFG ive used it on since i discovered it a couple of years ago. solo q wont solve your problem-you're frustrated at losing rating/mmr, and that will happen with solo q as well. you can have the same xp, mmr, cr, vr, hr, whatever and still tank. its all a crapshoot, hopefully you'll find ppl you enjoy q'ing with enough that you dont care as much when u lose, which is where ive been for the last couple of expansions.