Buff heirlooms xp

General Discussion
Morning,

In re-levelling a few alts through this with the new allied races I've been having the worst time I can remember. I understand that in 7.3.5 there was the scaling and the want for the full areas to be experienced for a specific player base.

What I'd like to propose is a buff to the heirlooms xp. People who wish to progress through the game at a faster rate can do so, and those who don't are able to simply stop wearing one, two or all heirloom items. Given the ilvl / stats are pretty much on par with quest rewards (even some conjecture around the actual quest / dungeon rewards being better than the heirlooms) this would allow for the current leveling pace to be maintained for those wanting to play out zones.

In b4
> you will hate leveling in vanilla / classic then
I played in Vanilla but that's not the point of the current post.

> it shouldn't be that fast you just want 120 given to you
Who says that? I loved smashing dungeons in randoms and they were much more enjoyable (and hilarious) to now, where I que randomly and leave at the end as the XP isn't worth chaining randoms and I quest solo, how is that a social aspect? My bnet has mostly people I met on the grind up and was able to chain dungeons together pre-7.3.5.

> Blizz wont do it as they want people to buy boosts
Not sure on this one, it's unlikely they want the levelling experience to be so crap that nobody does it. I see the thinking in having people be more likely to buy boosts, but if you make levelling SO dry that people hate it - it'll collapse in (kinda like what's happening with endgame).
10/29/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Kimberjames
Given the ilvl / stats are pretty much on par with quest rewards (even some conjecture around the actual quest / dungeon rewards being better than the heirlooms)

I've found more than a couple items here and there, mostly after the LONG quest chains, that were better than the heirlooms.

10/29/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Kimberjames
buff to the heirlooms xp. People who wish to progress through the game at a faster rate can do so, and those who don't are able to simply stop wearing one, two or all heirloom items.

x9001

Bump the heirloom XP 2-5x what it is now and let us loose! Don't want to level fast? Don't put them on!
I'd rather they complete the heirloom sets with 5% experience bonuses on them.
-gloves
-belts
-bracers
-boots
10/29/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Autai
-gloves
-belts
-bracers
-boots

Yes , yes , yes and yes !
Agreed.
-gloves
-belts
-bracers
-boots

I'd always thought that Blizz had left these spots available for later date optional add ins (like the fishing ring) where you earned them through other ways. That being said I'd be happy for those to also be added.

At the moment the stagnation of leveling is brutal. I understand that people want it to be at various paces but given the feedback about the stagnation about endgame it'd be great if the leveling also got a look in with some already (workable / feasible) solutions.
I leveled to 110 in about 24 hours total play time. I'll hit 120 on my next rdo. No need for buff
10/29/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Veilofmaya
I leveled to 110 in about 24 hours total play time. I'll hit 120 on my next rdo. No need for buff

I agree. My Dark Iron is rolling along nicely with a full set of heirlooms.

Why are you having such a bad time? The leveling experience now is a lot better. I can stay in 1 area without worry on leveling past it.

If heirlooms are buffed; you can take items off if you want to play your way. That's the point of the post.

I agree. My Dark Iron is rolling along nicely with a full set of heirlooms.

Why are you having such a bad time? The leveling experience now is a lot better. I can stay in 1 area without worry on leveling past it.

Again, not the point of the post, the zone scaling isn't my concern compared to the experience received while wearing heirlooms. It's certainly easier to play a zone to it's entirety now compared to before when you'd out level the area; but my position is about the xp (or lack thereof) obtained when wearing heirlooms, not the fact that you're staying in a zone.

The dragging out of leveling is what I'm hoping is improved.

i have to ask how you did 20-110 in 24 hours. i am at 30 hours in at lvl 81. i have been mostly questing with dungeons thrown in when i need a break.

admittedly there is about 4 hours of putzing around because i couldnt figure out some quest and had to look it up online.

however, i am 30 levels lower and 6 hours over. any help would be appreciated
10/29/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Kimberjames
Again, not the point of the post, the zone scaling isn't my concern compared to the experience received while wearing heirlooms. It's certainly easier to play a zone to it's entirety now compared to before when you'd out level the area; but my position is about the xp (or lack thereof) obtained when wearing heirlooms, not the fact that you're staying in a zone.

I stated that I'm chugging along nicely. With the full set of heirlooms I have, I believe I'm going fast enough. I get it, you're in a hurry to get 120. We all can't wait but if we're in that big of a hurry, there is a simple solution:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-level-110-character-boost
10/29/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Wally

i have to ask how you did 20-110 in 24 hours. i am at 30 hours in at lvl 81. i have been mostly questing with dungeons thrown in when i need a break.

admittedly there is about 4 hours of putzing around because i couldnt figure out some quest and had to look it up online.

full looms. I've leveled about 20 toons in the past year. Only specific queues for quests I haven't done. Skip long trash dungeons. Quest in the meantime. I only do zones I'm familiar with and I pull hard. I almost die all the time but i'll kill like 6 things in shadow at a time. Then I just mend up and go. I've played this game for a long time and have had a lot of toons.

@op looms are fine as is. You can basically get 10 lvls from draenor in 2-3 hours alone. If they handicap this game anymore there will be no experience left to it. The "lack" of speed lvling gimps people learning how to use the full tool kit that they have left
10/29/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Veilofmaya
10/29/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Wally

full looms. I've leveled about 20 toons in the past year. Only specific queues for quests I haven't done. Skip long trash dungeons. Quest in the meantime. I only do zones I'm familiar with and I pull hard. I almost die all the time but i'll kill like 6 things in shadow at a time. Then I just mend up and go. I've played this game for a long time and have had a lot of toons.

@op looms are fine as is. You can basically get 10 lvls from draenor in 2-3 hours alone. If they handicap this game anymore there will be no experience left to it. The "lack" of speed lvling gimps people learning how to use the full tool kit that they have left

Sorry but no. You didn't level from 20-110 in 24 hrs. Nice try though. And yes I am in full heirlooms too.

Yeah, but nobody quests in Draenor because the mobs are over scaled for leveling.
The lack of speed leveling doesn't prevent people from not knowing how to play their class, boosts still exist.

It can be assumed that heirloom and dungeon xp were nerfed as a means to bump Character Boost sales, which is shady.. we've had these looms since Wrath, why nerf them now?
10/29/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Bojanglz
... full looms. I've leveled about 20 toons in the past year. Only specific queues for quests I haven't done. Skip long trash dungeons. Quest in the meantime. I only do zones I'm familiar with and I pull hard. I almost die all the time but i'll kill like 6 things in shadow at a time. Then I just mend up and go. I've played this game for a long time and have had a lot of toons.

Sorry but no. You didn't level from 20-110 in 24 hrs. Nice try though. And yes I am in full heirlooms too.
then you don't know how to lvl. 20-90 isn't fun. But it took me a day and a half of about 10 hours a day. Couple hours in draenor. Off to legio. Hit 2 invasions. Quested the other 8 lvls. Those zones are full of soft mobs. Blame yourself for not being good
-gloves
-belts
-bracers
-boots
I'd love this, just for the convenience of not having to replace them all the time. Even if they didn't have the experience boost they'd still be a boon to transmogrification. Because heirlooms are treated internally by the game as iLvL 5 items, they only ever cost 1 gold to mog. They're also easier to track in bags, since they can't be vendored.

Heirlooms are also a good gold sink for mains, because they're exorbitantly expensive but unlock an account-wide benefit. They also make good holiday rewards.

All that said, more slots with heirlooms wouldn't accelerate the leveling rate because there's a cap on experience boosts; one you can hit now without even having all of the heirloom slots.
10/29/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Greyhide
10/29/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Kimberjames

I stated that I'm chugging along nicely. With the full set of heirlooms I have, I believe I'm going fast enough. I get it, you're in a hurry to get 120. We all can't wait but if we're in that big of a hurry, there is a simple solution:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-level-110-character-boost

I'm not against the scaling zones - that was an impressive way to maintain an immersive story. I don't understand the nerfing of the xp as well for heirlooms.

The fact you've linked the boost is one of the things that makes me pretty annoyed as it feels like the heirlooms were nerfed to drive people towards the boost. I get that you're chugging along nicely but that's subjective to your preference of leveling speed - so arguably if the heirlooms received a buff in xp, you would be able to remove a piece or two and then maintain your current pace without issue.
I want the old leveling speed back. I'm fine if they put it on heirlooms so people can "turn it off". Or perhaps another tier of heirlooms that don't have the experience buff, but maybe have tier set bonuses instead? A trade-off, you want exp buff or power buff?

And if blizzard is worried about lfg power disparity, then perhaps the alternative heirlooms should have set bonuses that only work in the open world
LOL, you can ding more than once in a single instance wearing full heirlooms and you entitled kiddies want more...