Guardian Mains?

Druid
because its the least visible form of self harm.
10/30/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Tekvenge
People that main guardian druids, I'm curious why?

Thank you!
no

11/02/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Etamalgren
10/31/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Naturesgift
Then stack haste/versitility as much as possible, at least on logs this setup tends to look like it's over performing for healing, DPS, and lower damage taken right now.

Why haste, though? I thought the meta for guardian druid secondary stats was mast or vers to a certain breakpoint of mast/vers combined, then vers all the way after that breakpoint for raw mitigation.

On topic: I used to main Guardian druid because I really liked ripping everything to shreds with my werebear hands. The BFA changes killed the spec's appeal to me, though. :/ I miss rage of the sleeper most of all.

3 reasons:. 1 you are using azerite traits to provide all your defense so you don't need mastery. 2. It lowers the CD on FR which is our 30 sec oh #$&$ button - having that more often is very helpful. 3. Haste = more DPS = more agro and more rage

I just general think the info on current meta is a little off... Right now I've easily face tanked the 12s I've done with little to no kiting and generally below average DPS comps
11/03/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Naturesgift

Thank you!
no

11/02/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Etamalgren

Why haste, though? I thought the meta for guardian druid secondary stats was mast or vers to a certain breakpoint of mast/vers combined, then vers all the way after that breakpoint for raw mitigation.

On topic: I used to main Guardian druid because I really liked ripping everything to shreds with my werebear hands. The BFA changes killed the spec's appeal to me, though. :/ I miss rage of the sleeper most of all.

3 reasons:. 1 you are using azerite traits to provide all your defense so you don't need mastery. 2. It lowers the CD on FR which is our 30 sec oh #$&$ button - having that more often is very helpful. 3. Haste = more DPS = more agro and more rage

I just general think the info on current meta is a little off... Right now I've easily face tanked the 12s I've done with little to no kiting and generally below average DPS comps

I'm also in agreeance with the vers + haste. Just to add to the above. It means you're also getting quicker thrashes, so with 15% haste, you can get 15% more thrashs, 15% more earthwarden procs.
Admittedly I haven't "mained" guardian this expansion but I do play it a ton because waiting for a tank in queue is just sad.

Guardian with feral affinity is actually a pretty legit way to roam around sniffing out the competition. I love the versatility. 12% damage buff across the board and roar coming back to 1 minute CD may actually push guardian into the top tier tanks again depending on fight design the next few raids.

All druid specs though I think are like a fine wine. Much like ele shaman they just do more with each secondary stat. And it compounds over the life of an expansion. Excited to see where my druid ends up taking me
I enjoy the spec and the framework of tanking as a bear. Don't enjoy my DK as much, warrior is currently broken, and I have no intention of playing another tank.
I'm a bear.
That's why.
11/09/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Äpakarn
11/03/2018 08:31 AMPosted by Naturesgift

I'm also in agreeance with the vers + haste. Just to add to the above. It means you're also getting quicker thrashes, so with 15% haste, you can get 15% more thrashs, 15% more earthwarden procs.

I agree as well. Once I reworked my build to vers/haste and equipped my highest ilvl trinks (dps or tank ones) I was able to blow through some M+ with guild mates and pugs, increase my score quickly over the past week, and start pushing 9-11 keys even though I haven't done many M+ so far this xpac. I feel like a beast in what I've been doing so far; dps is decent enough for a bear on good pulls and my self heals are about 50-75% of my healer's overall.

I'm currently using 2 Twisted Claws traits + 1 Gory Regeneration; Gemhide and Crystalline Carapace are also super nice. Highest ilvl trinks are used for the agility since a lot of the tank trinks aren't great, with the exception of the one off Zek which I don't have yet. I have a haste enchant on my weapon because my vers is about 11% and haste is only 13%. The procs from the weapon help to reduce the FR recharge.

Brambles - Wild Charge - Resto Affinity - Typhoon - GG - Earthwarden - R&T

If you use your toolkit well, you'll be able to succeed in many groups:

- Barkskin is great to use offensively. The extra damage with Brambles is good for grabbing aggro and mowing down large packs quickly.

- Don't be afraid to use Roar as an aoe interrupt, especially when the mobs are casting something that can't be stopped with conventional kicks/silences.

- Typhoon + Swiftmend + Rejuv is a real lifesaver in a pinch. There have been some scenarios where it was needed and I have yet to experience a problem. Be wise with how you use it so you don't kill yourself lol.

- Resto Affinity is great in general to top yourself off or Wild Growth the team in between trash packs to save some time and shave a few mins off the run.

I won't lie that bears are the lowest ranked tanks in M+, BUT that's only if you're looking to push keys above 15/16. I doubt I'd ever get to a point that I would consider running a +20 key, but I admire those who do! The changes in 8.1 to bring the lower performing tanks up a bit and tone down some of the others might even things out a bit.
They aren't awful numbers wise but the points that used to be enjoyable have eroded HARD over the years. It's now more punishing than ever to shift (except for mana cost in vanilla) and you're essentially just a one form toon, vs the old jack of all trades regardless of which sub-form band-aid talent you pick

Thank you!

Cause I like being a buff baby that can dance like a bear
Druid started off as my main, but I haven't really played it at all recently. At this point, I have all tanks leveled except for Demon Hunter, and my preferred class is paladin since self-healing is decent enough, the damage is pretty good and you have mobility tools which are required in uldir. Being able to cleanse yourself is also nice, who thought it was a good idea to make cleanse leave form?

I recently played druid again while getting a friend some gear and I can honestly say it was refreshing coming back to my favorite tank play style. The problem is that damage (and threat) is just so bad and I don't have the luxury of changing to a dps spec and having it do more damage.
Class fantasy man.

I'll never let go of guardian and feral.

Besides it really doesn't matter unless you're doing cutting edge content. Sure we're lagging behind and we're generally not optimal, but it still works.
I main bear Cox

Fastest way to gear my beloved boom
Highest hp looks good
Appearance looks strong
Me love animal
Low kiting I can fight like a man till down
Aoe fear
Mass root
Best ranged dps tank
Mass taunt cd
Self heal
Armor buff
No statue
No chicken roll leap glide
I don't need magical defensive spell
Bear dance
People thought bear is strong
Top in m1to3
Avg in m4to10 mean u can climb up tanking ladder
Least tank in high m mean u cannot chase off from classes behind Cox you are already the last
I just love the playstyle. I dont raid, or even do Mythic. Never been much for dungeons. I just PVP for the most part.

Guardians are super durable, can stealth, and have a fun playstyle that makes them near impossible to run from. Double charges..instant root..good stun. On top of reflected damage and an awesome heal. They just have everything I want in a class.

My only complaint is the damage is rather low, even for a tank. Me being so opposed to mythic and raiding makes getting the items I need to supplement my damage a real headache. I am hoping that the buffs in 8.1, the more readily available azerite gear, and the extra warfront will provide me with enough avenues to fully flesh out my gear and make my bear truly deadly.

Ive played a number of the other classes, as have my friends, and I find that no matter what people say about what the "strongest class" is, it rarely matters in a fight. The person who plays their class well is the one that will win, and my Guardian is so far the only class that ive enjoyed enough to get good with. Im untouchable in a 1v1, and can win a lot of 2v1 and 3v1 as well.

Arenas though...ugh.. I just cant figure out a way to make Guardian work in 2v2 arena. Still working on that.