They are lowering Discs Skill Cap.

Priest
Just a FYI, they are trying to lower Discs skill cap to make them easier to play so they can balance them better with the other classes. Since Discs skill cap was thru the roof it was/is hard for them to get real numbers so they are gonna dumb the class down. GLHF.
I wonder if they are doing anything to try reducing the amount of people trolling in forums.. it seems quite high lately.
What lowering the skill cap? Are they adding a Paladin Form button :P
Atonement Power Word: Shield, Shadow Mend, and Power Word: Radiance apply Atonement to your target for 50 sec. Your spell damage heals all targets affected by Atonement for 55% of the damage done. Priest - Discipline Spec. Priest - Discipline Spec.

Taken from front page of MMO Champion, new PTR build.
Maybe it's a typo or just a test but... something seems way off.
this looks awful. I hate it.
11/01/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Xall
Atonement Power Word: Shield, Shadow Mend, and Power Word: Radiance apply Atonement to your target for 50 sec. Your spell damage heals all targets affected by Atonement for 55% of the damage done. Priest - Discipline Spec. Priest - Discipline Spec.

Taken from front page of MMO Champion, new PTR build.
Maybe it's a typo or just a test but... something seems way off.

Most people I have heard thing it is a typo. If it is not a typo, they have some major tuning to do.
They clearly meant 5 seconds.
disc doesn't have a high skill cap for long time raiders who come from other classes/specializations.

it has a high skill cap for people new to the game who don't know all of the general gameplay concepts they need to know completely unrelated to healing.

the disc requires more skill meme is mostly nonsense used to make people with small ego's feel like they're playing something more challenging than other healers.
11/01/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Gransys
They clearly meant 5 seconds.

I highly doubt they would nerf the duration of atonement applied by PW:S and Shadow Mend. At least not by 2/3, especially with reducing damage and healing numbers and readding Weakened Soul.
11/01/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Comedy
disc doesn't have a high skill cap for long time raiders who come from other classes/specializations.

it has a high skill cap for people new to the game who don't know all of the general gameplay concepts they need to know completely unrelated to healing.

the disc requires more skill meme is mostly nonsense used to make people with small ego's feel like they're playing something more challenging than other healers.

Dude Amen. Disc isn’t some elite club for only the best players. It has some macro/Addon requirements sure, but the gameplay is relatively straight forward.

Fifteen vs Fifty, easy typo to make. Don’t read into it.

I think disc has a big hurdle for newer players who don't understand damage patterns and players who don't think healers are supposed to DPS (I don't understand why theres such an aversion, but its there). Ever since the changes in NH where they made radiance a CD and cast on 5 people the spec has been significantly easier to play. Also we don't have Velens, Double Atonement barrier, or Lights Wrath anymore.

Disc is reliant on understanding damage patterns, but no more than a resto druid (or potentially a shaman if Cloudburst makes a comeback). I actually struggle more when I try to play holy in a stressful situation than disc because I feel like I need to conserve mana more, whereas disc I feel much more comfortable.

I think most people refer to this when calling it "hard" ofc if you are a veteran player very few things are gonna be "hard" about playing a spec.

The thing here is that the term "hard" is totally subjective people saying it's hard or harder than others has nothing to do with ego (well it may in some cases but can't generalize).

is playing Disc hard? / is running 10 miles hard?, depends on who you ask.

is playing Disc harder than playing other healers? / is running 10 miles harder than swimming 3 miles?, again, depends on who you ask.

-----
From my own experience at least it took me way more time and effort to be able to play Disc properly than for example Holy, right now I'm comfortable with the spec so I don't find it harder but I do need to pay more attention to timers unless I'm doing trivial content.
Disc hasn't been hard since Legion started. We have less options then we've ever had.
Hmmm I find disc really hard.
Having to use mouse over macros and have intimate knowledge of the fight and juggling buffs and dpsing.
I really struggle with disc.
Which sucks cause it looks like such a cool spec.
I guess it's not for everyone though.
11/03/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Azutaaro
Hmmm I find disc really hard.
Having to use mouse over macros and have intimate knowledge of the fight and juggling buffs and dpsing.
I really struggle with disc.
Which sucks cause it looks like such a cool spec.
I guess it's not for everyone though.

Disc is simple enough, even without knowledge of the fight/dungeon/raid... You really just gotta give it a shot. Addons like Deadly Boss makes it easy to keep track of incoming dmg even without the prior-knowledge and if you're not sure...apply atonement anyways.

I'd imagine the "leet few and proud" level of play would actually require prior knowledge but those of us who are content to play lower-key mythics and maybe luck out into heroic-raiding...nah..no need to sweat it too much.