Hunter classes please..

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Turn off your pet taunting and aggro. It makes my job as a tank harder. I have run into this too often while doing world quests. If you see other people at a world quests marker chances are you don't need to have your pet take aggro. So stop making my job harder and, as this is my first expansion tanking because havoc isn't as enjoyable, making it difficult to learn how to tank in general.
I'm not sure world quests is where you learn how to tank.

Growl is disabled by default in dungeons, you should give those a shot.
Pets tanking on WQ, other than world bosses, I don't really see an issue with. Things don't last long enough to worry about positioning and what not.
11/05/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Vadya
Growl is disabled by default in dungeons

^
Ok cool so you are all fine with failing dungeon fights due to an inexperienced tank I see. Good to know that this community isn't a toxic sludge pit.. Oh wait. I do not mean everyone there are obviously good people in the community.
No thanks tanks I've had to many tanks loose aggro or die on me in WQs I trust my pet more than you. Sorry.

As for dungeons it auto turns off now.
11/05/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Iranuk
Ok cool so you are all fine with failing dungeon fights due to an inexperienced tank I see. Good to know that this community isn't a toxic sludge pit.. Oh wait. I do not mean everyone there are obviously good people in the community.

You don't learn to tank in WQ you learn in normal dungeons.

I would generally expect a tank to learn to tank while leveling. WQ don't emulate dungeon bosses enough to use WQ as a learning experiences.
Ok cool so you are all fine with failing dungeon fights due to an inexperienced tank I see.

Can't learn to tank if you don't try. Not really going to learn how to tank doing WQ either. Growl is off by default in instances. Growl out in the world is free mitigation.

Respectfully: git gud.
11/05/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Darbny

Maybe that's what your twisted idea of how to play the game is, but I don't want to fail a dungeon on normal and have people leave the team and get absolutely no where in terms of learning and gear progression.

you tell the group up front that you're learning, and I'll back you ant time anyone in group gives you any crap.

We need more tanks, not less.
11/05/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Iranuk
11/05/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Darbny

Maybe that's what your twisted idea of how to play the game is, but I don't want to fail a dungeon on normal and have people leave the team and get absolutely no where in terms of learning and gear progression.

You're delusional.
Blizzard should know by now that most of their playerbase isn’t all there mentally.

Simply coding to turn taunt off as soon as said player enters group content would be amazing.
11/05/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Iranuk
Turn off your pet taunting and aggro. It makes my job as a tank harder. I have run into this too often while doing world quests. If you see other people at a world quests marker chances are you don't need to have your pet take aggro. So stop making my job harder and, as this is my first expansion tanking because havoc isn't as enjoyable, making it difficult to learn how to tank in general.

Please stop being such a diva. If you’re not running m+ or raids it’s not hard to deal with. You’re making us look bad

They gave you polite answers and you reply with vitriol. I think we all know who is generating the real sludge here.
11/05/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Zeekarai
You're delusional.

Okay so my experiences with people leaving mid dungeon, or trying to kick me, is a figment of my imagination I see, or am I delusional because I like to learn in a different manor from the rest of you guys?
11/05/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Nobody
They gave you polite answers and you reply with vitriol. I think we all know who is generating the real sludge here.

To be fair git gud isn't respectful or polite in the slightest
Pet taunts in open world is free mitigation. The mob isn't yours, there's no group that designated you to be the tank; just go with the flow and pick your hills to die on a little better. That isn't one of them.