Hunter classes please..

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
11/05/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Bundy
Please stop being such a diva. If you’re not running m+ or raids it’s not hard to deal with. You’re making us look bad

I don't know what you mean I am providing my side of the argument and my experiences. You make yourselves look bad
11/05/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Vaniira
Blizzard should know by now that most of their playerbase isn’t all there mentally.

Hey pot, meet kettle.

11/05/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Vaniira
Simply coding to turn taunt off as soon as said player enters group content would be amazing.

Oh look, they did this for Legion already!

11/05/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Iranuk
Respectfully: You are an 4S5

I certainly can be, and won't even apologize for that, particularly when bad players come complaining about stuff they patently don't even understand.

You are learning jack all about tanking fighting world mobs solo.

You have to go into actual dungeons to learn.

If you go into a Normal Dungeon and mention you are still learning 90% of the time the other 4 players will be fine with your tanking. The other 10% are jerks who won't be happy regardless.

Fear of failure is keeping you from trying therefore you will never succeed.
I don't need you to tank WQ for me so no I won't be turning my taunt off but you are welcome to tag my target.

As for dungeons it auto turns off now.
11/05/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Iranuk
11/05/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Darbny
You don't learn to tank in WQ you learn in normal dungeons.

Maybe that's what your twisted idea of how to play the game is, but I don't want to fail a dungeon on normal and have people leave the team and get absolutely no where in terms of learning and gear progression.

Normal dungeons is 100% where you should be learning. It's FOR learning and starting to gear. Tell them at the start that you're learning, they'll be cool and usually helpful.

WQs is NOT the place. If you're learning your buttons you should be using a dummy.
11/05/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Iranuk
11/05/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Darbny
You don't learn to tank in WQ you learn in normal dungeons.

Maybe that's what your twisted idea of how to play the game is, but I don't want to fail a dungeon on normal and have people leave the team and get absolutely no where in terms of learning and gear progression.

Hun I've been tanking since BC (vanilla if you count my failed insistance Prot Pally's could be good tanks in vanilla). This is the first expansion I decided not to tank.

I and many others are telling you, you learn in normal dungeons l, you just tell people it's your first time etc. Most people are chill.
11/05/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Crapula
Pet taunts in open world is free mitigation. The mob isn't yours, there's no group that designated you to be the tank; just go with the flow and pick your hills to die on a little better. That isn't one of them.

To each their own I guess. I prefer learning in the open world before going in a group scenario. It tends to be less risky.
11/05/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Iranuk
11/05/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Zeekarai
You're delusional.

Okay so my experiences with people leaving mid dungeon, or trying to kick me, is a figment of my imagination I see, or am I delusional because I like to learn in a different manor from the rest of you guys?

You're delusional, based on your opinion, that using dungeons as a tool to learn tanking is a twisted and WQ are the true way to way to learn to tank.

WQ teach you nothing about tanking dungeons or raids. The bosses last, at the most, less than a minute. You'll learn very little about threat management, positioning or any other tank mechanic, from a free for all tank and spank WQ.
The hunter's pet growl abilities are auto turned off in dungeons and raids, you have to physically turn it back on...

The only other thing is you could be a terrible tank not managing threat well by using taunts and high threat abilities in your toolkit.
11/05/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Iranuk
To be fair git gud isn't respectful or polite in the slightest

It is, when it's the solution to your problem.

I learned to tank by leveling all 5 (now 6) tank specs to max and taking them all through dungeons and LFR and several into higher raids.

LFG dungeons instantly refill DPS, healers, and tanks because in progress groups fill first. If players are leaving your groups routinely then the problem is likely more your attitude than your tanking.

One of my first heroics was Atal'Dazar with a new DK tank. It took a bit longer than normal but nobody left either.
11/05/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Iranuk
11/05/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Crapula
Pet taunts in open world is free mitigation. The mob isn't yours, there's no group that designated you to be the tank; just go with the flow and pick your hills to die on a little better. That isn't one of them.

To each their own I guess. I prefer learning in the open world before going in a group scenario. It tends to be less risky.
You are free to learn as you please, you are not free to tell everyone else what they can and cannot do. Go find an elite that no-one will bother you with if that's your fancy. But don't expect others to follow your orders with WQs unless you're paying their sub fee.
11/05/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Zeekarai
.WQ teach you nothing about tanking dungeons or raids. The bosses last, at the most, less than a minute. You'll learn very little about threat management, positioning or any other tank mechanic, from a free for all tank and spank WQ.

I don't think I mentioned specifically learning how to tank in dungeons. I said in general. Learning the finer details obviously should be done in dungeons
You are free to learn as you please, you are not free to tell everyone else what they can and cannot do. Go find an elite that no-one will bother you with if that's your fancy. But don't expect others to follow your orders with WQs unless you're paying their sub fee.

I don't think I ordered anyone, I think i requested nicely with please, and all I was be-raided with was how others believe how the correct way to learn is. Think about that next time guys.
11/05/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Acrea
you tell the group up front that you're learning, and I'll back you ant time anyone in group gives you any crap.
And pay their monthly access fee too. Don't tell other people how to play.
11/05/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Iranuk
.WQ teach you nothing about tanking dungeons or raids. The bosses last, at the most, less than a minute. You'll learn very little about threat management, positioning or any other tank mechanic, from a free for all tank and spank WQ.

I don't think I mentioned specifically learning how to tank in dungeons. I said in general. Learning the finer details obviously should be done in dungeons

No, you replied to the other hunter, that stated, use dungeons. Your reply was, maybe that's your twisted way to play the game.

You know, the quote in my response that stated you were delusional. Train of thought is pretty easy to follow based on the quotes I included.
11/05/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Iranuk

They are 100% right though. WQs don't have packs of trash mobs for you to learn how to pull and tank. Dungeons is where you should be learning to tank. Just say you're learning and most times the group is fine with it.
11/05/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Forums

I don't think I told anyone how to play, I think i requested nicely with please, and all I was be-raided with was how others believe how the correct way to learn is. Think about that next time guys.
Proving grounds is still available... at least from garrisons, not sure about order halls. If your "learn tanking" options are between world quest bosses and proving grounds, I'd choose PG.

Also, as an aside -- why not just make a positive thread looking for a regular group, instead of complaining about things? There's always a tank shortage and I'm sure you could make friends. And this game is always more fun when played with friends.
Because we actually know the correct way to learn, and that's not what you are doing.
11/05/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Kikk
Also, as an aside -- why not just make a positive thread looking for a regular group, instead of complaining about things? There's always a tank shortage and I'm sure you could make friends. And this game is always more fun when played with friends.

Yep.

Or join a big guild and ask for people to go dungeoneering with you while you learn.
11/05/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Iranuk
11/05/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Forums

I don't think I told anyone how to play, I think i requested nicely with please, and all I was be-raided with was how others believe how the correct way to learn is. Think about that next time guys.

"berated"

You have been given solid advice on how to learn.

Just rolled tank and need to learn where your buttons are? Training dummy.

Want to start learning how to tank in a group setting with no judgement? Normal dungeons.

The idea that you are learning anything from WQs is misguided.

Okay, okay, since nobody has asked, WHAT exactly do you think you are learning about tanking doing WQs?