Hacking for 2 weeks

Customer Support
No, this is not the purpose of the CS forum. The CS forum is meant to be a player-to-player help desk with some Blizzard oversight and moderation.

The proper way to report the player with the video is to submit it at this link: https://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

You can't upload a video, but you can put the link to the video in the report.

That is the only way to report a player if you have screenshots or videos.
For the record hes not hacking the reporting system the problem is your end with a corrupted UI thats been confirmed time and time again by blues If you do a FULL UI RESET https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549 i guarentee you wont be d/c
Is it because you didn't have him targeted when you finally submitted the report? Maybe type what you want to say in a notepad file and keep that handy so you can copy/paste quickly when you report so it doesn't take as long to type.

I could be wrong because I don't know how the reporting system works. I can't imagine Blizzard would want to punish people that are violating the rules. What would that accomplish?

I think you should remove the link to the youtube video, though, since it shows the name of the person and calling out specific people isn't permitted on the forum.

Maybe submit here: https://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html or email Hacks@Blizzard.com?

Edited to add: Oops, I'm slow and folks have already covered this. Apologies!
And don't try to tell me it's an addon, or interface or any other garbage.

You should still do a full UI reset to rule out any corrupted files. I never get disconnected whenever I report someone, and the usual culprit is always a corrupted file, or bad add-on.

Thank god, I finally got the evidence. I'll expect him gone now.

You might want to remove that YouTube link, calling out other players is against the TOS.

Right click, report, and move on.
11/09/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Synsanken
I finally caught him! It's impossible to report him because he's also hacking the reporting system. EVERY time I report my account gets disconnected.
That is an issue with your UI, not someone allegedly hacking. Reset your UI https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549
Remove the link. Naming and shaming on the forum is considered harassment and can result in the loss of your posting privileges. The forums are not a bypass to the ticketing system. You don't have evidence. You have suspicions.

Edit:
11/09/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Synsanken
I was asked to get a video,
Blizzard doesn't need video. They don't use video as proof of anything. Videos can be edited to show anything. Blizzard does their actions solely on their logs. That is why they tell players to report cheaters using the right-click method. That creates a ticket with all the needed logs included for their investigation.
11/09/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Synsanken
It's a means to report

No, it honestly isn't. That isn't what any of the forums are for.

11/09/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Synsanken
when the reporting system in game doesn't work.

It's impossible to report him because he's also hacking the reporting system. EVERY time I report my account gets disconnected.

This would be an interface problem, not a hack.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

There is no place to upload a video to that. Reports are taken anyway that can be done to give evidence. I was asked to get a video, and I finally got one.

You even quoted the following yourself in a follow-up post four days ago:

If screenshots or video can be taken of the offending player's actions, they can be submitted as information (not evidence) of what is occurring, so that Blizzard can have the info they need to see how it is being done.

https://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html
11/09/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Darthwraith
For the record hes not hacking the reporting system the problem is your end with a corrupted UI thats been confirmed time and time again by blues If you do a FULL UI RESET https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549 i guarentee you wont be d/c

I don't have a corrupted UI. I have done UI resets 500 times. It's a known issue that people don't even bother reporting because the system just kicks you out. Blizzard ALWAYS tries to say "it's not our fault" so they don't have to figure out why something is broken.
11/09/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Jugend
And don't try to tell me it's an addon, or interface or any other garbage.

You should still do a full UI reset to rule out any corrupted files. I never get disconnected whenever I report someone, and the usual culprit is always a corrupted file, or bad add-on.

You might want to remove that YouTube link, calling out other players is against the TOS.

Right click, report, and move on.

Report, get disconnected, and move on? No. Doesn't work. What HE IS doing is against the ToS. HE is the one breaking the rules, and reporting does not work. As you can see I've been reporting him for OVER TWO WEEKS. Has it worked? No. The reported go straight to the garbage can. He's still here.

The only one that needs to move on, is the hacker. Time for him to find a new game, and for Blizzard to smash that account.

Good day. I've done my job. Now he can be banned.
11/09/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Synsanken
Now he can be banned.

Except he won't be if a) you don't report it through the proper channels, which you again are not doing by reporting it here and b) Blizzard's investigation doesn't come to the same conclusion.
I finally caught him! It's impossible to report him because he's also hacking the reporting system. EVERY time I report my account gets disconnected.
That is an issue with your UI, not someone allegedly hacking. Reset your UI https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549
Remove the link. Naming and shaming on the forum is considered harassment and can result in the loss of your posting privileges. The forums are not a bypass to the ticketing system. You don't have evidence. You have suspicions.

LOL you guys are unreal. Someone is HACKING THE GAME, and you talk about harassment? You want to see harassment? Try getting killed in the AH over and over with no way to defend yourself because of a hacker, and then when you report the hacker they say YOU area breaking the rules.

That's like calling the police and getting arrested for reporting a criminal. You're logic makes ZERO sense. We don't protect hackers.

As the old saying goes, criminals have more rights than law biding people. Same goes with this. I can hack the game all day, and nothing will every happen, buy GOD FORBID I report the hacker and I get banned. No.
11/09/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Ekon
Now he can be banned.

Except he won't be if a) you don't report it through the proper channels, which you again are not doing by reporting it here and b) Blizzard's investigation doesn't come to the same conclusion.

The conclusion has been made. It's in the video. Stop trying to protect the people who break the rules, and trying to put the blame on people who follow the rules, and report the hackers.

Good night.
11/09/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Synsanken
I don't have a corrupted UI. I have done UI resets 500 times. It's a known issue that people don't even bother reporting because the system just kicks you out. Blizzard ALWAYS tries to say "it's not our fault" so they don't have to figure out why something is broken.

Have you actually renamed the Cache, WTF, and Interface folders to something like Cache.old, WTF.old, and Interface.old?

A lot of players seem to think a /reload is a UI reset. It isn't.

I've had this issue before as well. I did a proper reset UI and the issue was resolved.
11/09/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Synsanken
The conclusion has been made.

You are not Blizzard, and a video is not their logs. No conclusion has been made.
There is no place to upload a video to that. Reports are taken anyway that can be done to give evidence. I was asked to get a video, and I finally got one.

So you sent the video to the hacks email, correct?
11/09/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Synsanken
I report the hacker and I get banned
You have not reported anyone. Blizzard does not take hacking reports from the forums. All that has happened is that your links were removed the the moderation team. They did not pass them on for investigation. The Blues that post in Customer Support did not pass them on for investigation.

The Customer Support forum is a player-helping-player forum with Blizzard oversight and moderation. You can not use it as a bypass for the ticketing system. It is not for reporting players.
11/09/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Synsanken
That's like calling the police and getting arrested for reporting a criminal. You're logic makes ZERO sense. We don't protect hackers.
Naming and shaming is considered harassment. All we have is your word that they are hacking. You have a video you claim is proof, but actually isn't. If they are hacking, they are using a stolen account. When the player whose account they are using recovers that account, you open them up to harassment because their account was used for hacking.

Your belief that they are hacking does not justify you breaking the rules.

Edit:
11/09/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Synsanken
trying to put the blame on people who follow the rules
The only one we have proof of their breaking the rules is you.

Report, get disconnected, and move on? No. Doesn't work. What HE IS doing is against the ToS. HE is the one breaking the rules, and reporting does not work. As you can see I've been reporting him for OVER TWO WEEKS. Has it worked? No. The reported go straight to the garbage can. He's still here.

The only one that needs to move on, is the hacker. Time for him to find a new game, and for Blizzard to smash that account.

Good day. I've done my job. Now he can be banned.

What you are doing by sharing his name on the forums is in like to going to the press and claiming someone robbed you, instead of giving the footage to the police.

Please if you are going to try to make a comparison, at least make them be the same. Blizzard did not ban you for your video, they just don't want it on the forums where those who actually can't see the logs or what happened before and after the video was taken. It also stops someone who had their account hacked getting into trouble. Would really suck for you if your account was hacked tomorrow, and then used as a bot for 3 days and have your name plastered all over the forums calling you a cheater.
Congratulations on finally getting them with the evidence Synsaken. I know the situation has been very frustrating for you and hope it resolves.
Can a Horde player click on the opposition faction to report them?
It's impossible to report him because he's also hacking the reporting system. EVERY time I report my account gets disconnected.
The other player has not 'hacked the reporting system'. That's an issue with one or more of your add-ons. Disable your add-ons and reset your UI.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549
11/10/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Disspy
Congratulations on finally getting them with the evidence Synsaken. I know the situation has been very frustrating for you and hope it resolves.
Can a Horde player click on the opposition faction to report them?
They didn't get any evidence. They got a video with the character's name and realm. The ONLY evidence that Blizzard uses is their logs. No videos. No screen-shots. They are not used because both can be doctored to show just about anything.

Blizzard does not need players to get "evidence". Blizzard just needs players to right-click and report the player that way. The ticket that the right-click produces contains ALL the logs that Blizzard needs to investigate what is being reported.