The raider.io solution that works 100% of the time!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
lf1m dps for +15 AD link HWL title from vanilla for inv
11/06/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Margirita
Nope Nope Nope all my problems are because I'm stubbern and won't wait in line like a good little peon.

Don't worry, these mythic raider trash will carry you soon for a fee.
11/06/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Seelnay
Nope Nope Nope all my problems are because I'm stubbern and won't wait in line like a good little peon.

Don't worry, these mythic raider trash will carry you soon for a fee.

The jokes on them if they think I have gold. HA!!
11/06/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Rastlin
11/06/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Zulonly

No, it's not. You can say it until the cows come home...doesn't mean what you're saying is right.

Actually, I think my timed played is private.

Blizzard does not display that in the armory!

And the creepy fact that people will check my armory to determine the level of my necklace (I didn't even remember that!) gives proof that a private setting is needed on the armory to end this cyber stalking.

You know if you stopped posting and just went away no one could look or would care to look cause you wouldn't put putting yourself in the limelight.

I have noticed one thing about you, you like to stir the crap pot and go with the unpopular opinion just to upset people, that's about the only thing you are good at.

<DPS><DPS><DPS><heals>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS><Tank>
<DPS><DPS><DPS><heals>
<DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS><heals>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>
<DPS><DPS><DPS>

This is my group finder simulator.

Now your a DPS. Please wait in line behind these 20 groups to find a tank/healer or both so that you can fill out your group. Your group should be filled sometime after 12pm on a day that ends in Y.

Because the solution to this role shortage problem will always be "start your own group". It will never ever be find a tank and a healer and quit your job to kiss their rear end's 24/7 so that you can enter dungeons quickly. And it will never ever be perhaps make the dungeons better so these particular roles don't get so burned out on them.

This isn't a lie. I listed a 12 last night and 47 dps signed up, raider.io's fault that 46 of them didn't get picked, toppest of keks.
11/06/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Demonatrixx

I did a +2 and a +3 (sadly the +3 didn't count, didn't have IO installed at the time), I figured +0s were a waste of time because they have no usable gear for me (I'm 355). Can you build a score with M0? For some reason I thought you couldn't?

You get a raider.io score for keystone dungeons (+2 and up) if that dungeon run is in the top 500 on the leaderboard for your realm or anyone else's in the group. The higher the keystone and the faster you complete it, the higher the score you get. Your overall score is from adding up your high scores over all the dungeons.

See https://support.raider.io/ for details.
11/06/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Nawat
I thought this was going to be an elitist thread bashing newbs and such. Honestly a pretty decent post.

Everything can be solved doing your own thing or being a decent human and making friends. Radical solution I know.

I can't be elitist when my score is crap. :D

But seriously, this thread is just a reminder to people that everyone has control over their m+ experience. What you get out of it depends entirely on how much effort you want to put into it. Don't want to bother raising your score? Take the effort to make friends and do stuff with them. Hate being declined again and again? Make your own group and invite whoever you want. Have limited playtime? Adjust your expectations, because you shouldn't expect to accomplish as much as someone who puts more time into it than you do.

There's a lot of people who say raider.io is holding them back, but the truth is they're holding themselves back. Raider.io is just a convenient scapegoat for a lack of effort.
11/05/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Fancypantsz
Clickbait title aside, I've read a huge number of threads where people are complaining about raider.io this and raider.io that, and I've noticed some very common "issues" that people bring up. Below are some of these issues, followed by possible solutions:

"I always get declined."
- Make your own group.
- Run with friends and guildies, they don't care about your score.

"My score's not high enough."
- Make your own group.
- Do a key appropriate to your score.

"People want 1k score to do 7s."
- Make your own group.

"I do m+ late in the week and by that time the leaderboards on my server are full and my runs don't count, so my score sucks."
- Make your own group
- Grab a pug from a low pop server so that your run gets scored (use raider.io to see that realm's leaderboards).

Notice how all of these "problems" have a common solution? Believe it or not, you can get around every raider.io issue if you make your own group. Can't get declined if you're the leader. Can't have too low of a score if you're the one deciding what score is acceptable.

Alternatively, run with a group of friends or guildies. I don't know exactly what my score is but I know it's objectively low for someone that's 6/8M and 380 ilvl equipped. Guess what? It doesn't matter at all because I always run m+ with people I know. My score could be zero and it would make not one bit of difference to me, because my friends and guildies don't check my score. Another benefit of running with people you know is that you won't have the problem of leavers that seems be be plaguing the pug m+ scene.

Every single player has the ability to get into m+ runs. Depending on your skill, class, and spec it may or may not be a 10. But you can't blame raider.io for not being able to do m+ when the solution is entirely in your hands.

TL;DR version: make your own group, or run with friends and guildies.

Heads up this is my post from another thread where a person was complaining about Raider IO not getting on OP case here just the other OP in other thread.

So Tried of people complaning about Raider IO I dont use it at all and I despise it its horrible and just like gear score was back in Lich king a horrible evil..

But you know what ?

I Just dont use it and run my own Mythic keys and form groups by my own standards for higher end mythic plus runs here are the steps I use.

1. Check Item level

2. Test out their damage in a duel or a Trial run of a Mythic Zero where I measure their dps with an addon. (Same goes for healer aka see their healing output)

3. Profit

4. Sucesfully finishing duegon within timer and getting good loot. ( I am a casual but I done a +8 before on my main which this toon is not yet)
11/06/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Rastlin
11/06/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Icowtank
PRO TIP: JOIN A GUILD, preferably a decent one

I will do legit +10 carry runs for people who have never gone past +2 if they are in my guild. If you are not in my guild, then you will not be in them.

I already have a part time job.

I do not have time for another job known as a "raiding guild" or other "high end content" guild.

Why?

Because you have to commit to working for the guild on their schedule for hours and hours a week.

Maybe it is the raid schedule.
Or some other schedule.

But it takes 20 hours a week often times!

No thanks!

If you can't dedicate the time to completing the content, why are you complaining that you can't complete the content when you know you don't have the time?
11/06/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Icowtank
PRO TIP: JOIN A GUILD, preferably a decent one

I will do legit +10 carry runs for people who have never gone past +2 if they are in my guild. If you are not in my guild, then you will not be in them.

look at my realms forums and tell me if you can find a guild ad for me.
>"Make your own group, it solves everything!"
>Looks at all of the "0 tanks, 0 healers, 1-3 dps" M+ groups that've been waiting in there for hours

Hmm...
11/05/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Fancypantsz
TL;DR version: make your own group, or run with friends and guildies.

What If i don't have friends and a guild?

Like are you serious now? if I don't have a guild I should quit? what kind of logic is this.

I actually been guildless since WOD. and I'm fine.. doing heroic and mythics with pugs.
I ran a couple of 5-man Mythic groups and only put in roles and a minimum item level. Even though we wiped, we learned the fights and enjoyed it just like old times. Thank you, raider.io solution!
11/10/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Kheldrenn
I ran a couple of 5-man Mythic groups and only put in roles and a minimum item level. Even though we wiped, we learned the fights and enjoyed it just like old times. Thank you, raider.io solution!

Non-raiderio groups are definitely more fun and better.

Let the go go go raiderio groups that rage and quit get their lovely gear that will be vendor trash in a few months tops.
11/09/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Clasmenethil
1. Check Item level

2. Test out their damage in a duel or a Trial run of a Mythic Zero where I measure their dps with an addon. (Same goes for healer aka see their healing output)

3. Profit

4. Sucesfully finishing duegon within timer and getting good loot. ( I am a casual but I done a +8 before on my main which this toon is not yet)

[/quote]

This post is actually really enlightening.

(1) It's amazing that when ilvl was the fastest way to measure pugs there was tons of hate for it. Now that we use experience in addition to ilvl, people want to go back.

(2) Do people actually sit through this? How do you take into account that dps in a M0 is so heavily weighted towards burst aoe and people don't have to care about mechanics at all?

(4) People cleared +8 on the first week at 330 ilvl in time. That should not be the bar.

It's good that you have a system that works for you, but raider.io is not the cause of any of the problems you're seeing. If it wasn't raider.io it would be ilvl, or achievements, or logs. Pugs in this game have always been unfriendly, and they always will be.

They'll be toxic in any content that has meaningful rewards.
Or, just don't do mythic+ and STOP HELPING TO TURN WoW INTO A DAMN ESPORT! STOP BEING PART OF THE PROBLEM!

Semper Fi!
11/06/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Argorwal
11/06/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Viviala
... I agree that people should just get their own groups and never pug mythic + dungeons. BUT - The time of the week that you ran the dungeon should NEVER have an effect on your score. That's just downright asinine.

And then you remember raider.io is a complete 3rd party add-on and not a build in game feature of WoW.
Why, thank you, Captain Obvious! None of us knew that obscure fact. Keep fighting the good fight and bringing such esoteric and hidden knowledge to our attention!

Still doesn't change my point that it's asinine.
11/06/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Wariya
How about 4/5 members needs to be one week old guildmates.

M+ is suppose to be played with ppl you trust and not with randos

Remember ML?? do we have ML?? do you want M+ to go the same way?? good luck to yall

Are you competing with someone to see who can post the most garbage posts per day or something?
Gonna bookmark this thread and just link it to every one of those raider.io QQ threads.

Or 'Another Rastlin thread'.

I'd implore others to do the same. It's demeaning to engage these people if they aren't willing to apply themselves.
11/10/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Sybianjoy
Gonna bookmark this thread and just link it to every one of those raider.io QQ threads.

I'd implore others to do the same. It's demeaning to engage these people if they aren't willing to apply themselves.

FYI: This is not my thread.
11/10/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Rastlin
11/10/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Sybianjoy

FYI: This is not my thread.

Doesn't matter, any senseless nerfs or anti .io threads are hereby linked to you. You're the unelected representative. Sort of like Donald Tusk is to the EU.