The raider.io solution that works 100% of the time!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
11/10/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Rastlin
FYI: This is not my thread.
Of course it's not, don't be silly! The OP was actually trying to give helpful and rational advice in order to help people.

...that's not really your forte.
11/10/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Viviala
11/10/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Rastlin
FYI: This is not my thread.
Of course it's not, don't be silly! The OP was actually trying to give helpful and rational advice in order to help people.

...that's not really your forte.

I give many helpful suggestions.

Indeed Blizzard has adopted many of my suggestions into the game over the years.
11/06/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Rastlin
11/06/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Icowtank
PRO TIP: JOIN A GUILD, preferably a decent one

I will do legit +10 carry runs for people who have never gone past +2 if they are in my guild. If you are not in my guild, then you will not be in them.

I already have a part time job.

I do not have time for another job known as a "raiding guild" or other "high end content" guild.

Why?

Because you have to commit to working for the guild on their schedule for hours and hours a week.

Maybe it is the raid schedule.
Or some other schedule.

But it takes 20 hours a week often times!

No thanks!

I work 20 hours a week, have 16 credit hours, raid 2 nights a week, and still have time for multiple keys a week. Stop coming up with excuses. M+ isnt that hard. It really isnt. It takes not even an hour of your time to do a single key and that's WITH making your own group. Even less time on lower keys where competent players can 2 chest. Not getting into groups is definitely a YOU problem and not a problem with the system. The only keys that take long to fill are +9s because no one wants to run 9s when 10s give much better rewards and even then it's only "bad" dungeons that take long. Freehold and Atal still instantly fill for me because they are trivial meanwhile Shrine tends to take a bit longer (more to do with loot table than anything really).
11/10/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Rastlin
Yes, I'm sure in your head they're helpful. I used to think you were a troll, but I've come to realize that there's just something "a little off" with you.
Indeed Blizzard has adopted many of my suggestions into the game over the years.
Many? Yeah, no. A few common sense things that you've said (and yes, sometimes you beat the odds and actually have a moment of clarity) may have been implemented, but it wasn't because you personally suggested it. If that's the case, then I can take credit for getting flying made available in WoD. *bows* You're welcome, btw!

I'm sure in your head, you think they were though, so I can see where you're coming from.
11/10/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Viviala
Yes, I'm sure in your head they're helpful. I used to think you were a troll, but I've come to realize that there's just something "a little off" with you.
Many? Yeah, no. A few common sense things that you've said (and yes, sometimes you beat the odds and actually have a moment of clarity) may have been implemented, but it wasn't because you personally suggested it. If that's the case, then I can take credit for getting flying made available in WoD. *bows* You're welcome, btw!

I'm sure in your head, you think they were though, so I can see where you're coming from.

Actually, it was my suggestion not to mention hard work and letter writing that got flying restored.

You are Welcome.
let me go pay 200k and get some mythic + carries to prove you wrong.
11/06/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Rastlin
11/06/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Icowtank
PRO TIP: JOIN A GUILD, preferably a decent one

I will do legit +10 carry runs for people who have never gone past +2 if they are in my guild. If you are not in my guild, then you will not be in them.

I already have a part time job.

I do not have time for another job known as a "raiding guild" or other "high end content" guild.

Why?

Because you have to commit to working for the guild on their schedule for hours and hours a week.

Maybe it is the raid schedule.
Or some other schedule.

But it takes 20 hours a week often times!

No thanks!

lol
Had to bump this cause this is still the only foolproof way around raider.io.

"My score's not high enough."
- Do a key appropriate to your score.
[/b]

To preface my response, I am in favor of Raider.io. I have never had any issue with it and use it for every run that I do.

Telling people "Do a key appropriate to your score" is a stupid response. In fairness to the people who are crying about Raider.io, many group leaders do not require a score (or item level) which is appropriate for the key they are running.

According to my Raider.io add-on, the average score of someone who completed a Siege of Boralus +9 is 575. Good luck getting into most +9 dungeons with a 575.

People requiring ridiculous levels of gear or raider.io is a very real issue. It always has been and always will be.

That being said, those people have the absolute right to require whatever they want and crying on the forums to get Blizzard to force them to play with you just proves you're not a mature, functioning person.

The real, core issue is a mixture of the fact that Blizzard no longer allows people to fail in most content and the way loot you do not deserve is handed out makes it nearly impossible to correctly judge your skill level. If getting 350 item level and finish a +2 was an actual accomplishment, that would be great. But since a heroic dungeon piece can titanforge to item level 370 and content below +7-ish is completely faceroll due to people being overgeared from winning the lottery, you see too many unqualified people trying to do dungeons of that level.

Raider.io's existence isn't a failure by Blizzard. Raider.io exists to correct a failure by Blizzard.

If they weren't letting losers into Mythic+, Raider.io would not have been made.

For those calling for Raider.io to be shut down: There is always a different way to evaluate you. And if you are the type of person who thinks removing the requirement is a good idea because it's "unfair", you are the type of person who will fail whatever requirement the community uses. The line to prove your DPS on a target dummy is right over here.