Zandlari Warlocks

General Discussion
11/07/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Lenastus
The only reason the KT can be mage is because of Jaina. Otherwise their is no kul'tiran human and yet they are.

That is false on so many levels.

Go do Tol Dagor and pay close attention to some of the trash mobs leading up to the 3rd boss, and the 3rd boss herself.
11/07/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Denona
11/07/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Lenastus
The only reason the KT can be mage is because of Jaina. Otherwise their is no kul'tiran human and yet they are.

That is false on so many levels.

Go do Tol Dagor and pay close attention to some of the trash mobs leading up to the 3rd boss, and the 3rd boss herself.

Not to mention there is going to be a Kul Tirans mage boss next patch. There's also Zandalari warlock NPCs out there, too, but apparently that's not good enough for Zandalari Warlocks
Don't bother, they are slowly deleting all Zandalari Warlock posts from the forums. Your feedback and logic behind the class/race combination will never make it past these forums.
11/07/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Gades
11/07/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Lenastus
Do you really need to cut it our with your god dam monk. We can have the 2 you know???

Oh don't get me wrong. I'd be fine with Zandalari being able to be everything non-hero-class related. But the reality is that is probably NOT ever going to happen mate. Alliance would demand the same for Dark Irons and it'd be a Pandora's Box as other races wanted X or Y, heedless of lore.

So then what? You want to cut Paladins to avoid the above? Mages? Rogues? Where does it stop? It doesn't. Your being selfish and arrogantly believe you somehow know Blizzard's lore better than them. They admitted to a screw up. That's all it was.

Maybe later Zandalari Warlocks will exist when or if Class Combos are no longer meaningful. But for the moment Blizzard decided Class / Race Combos do matter. Disagree with it all you like, but you can't refute a thing I just said as false.

Your just pissed that the info isn't what you want. Would I of been sad if Zanda Paladins were a no? Hell yes. But would I say "delete Zandalari Warlocks" so I can have them? Hell no. That is where the core of your problem is.

Oh snap we have the lore police here! Care to explain how Zandalari get to Monks, when the race (Pandaren) that is supposed to teach them ABSOLUTELY LOATHES them due to their history and would probably leave the Horde as well once they found out that the Horde is not only aiding them but asking for them to join their faction?

We're not stupid here. Blizzard isn't removing Warlocks from the race because of lore reasons, or error between matching TWO Blizzcon announcements (last year and this year) to their website. They are removing them because the amount of backlash they got for giving Zandalari 10 class choices, and as usual, Warlocks get the shaft and have good things removed from them just like every other expansion/patch in the history of their class. That is the reason, and they don't have the balls to admit it so they make up an excuse using lore when so much in this game already doesn't make sense lore-wise.

What's worse is, they could just give an extra class to the KT to make up for it. They're basically giving up free income to the company cause "lorelollollol but our lorelololol makes no sense btw just pretend it does though."
Would like to see them be warlocks, the lore is there so should not be an issue.
11/08/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Ashfinger

Oh don't get me wrong. I'd be fine with Zandalari being able to be everything non-hero-class related. But the reality is that is probably NOT ever going to happen mate. Alliance would demand the same for Dark Irons and it'd be a Pandora's Box as other races wanted X or Y, heedless of lore.

So then what? You want to cut Paladins to avoid the above? Mages? Rogues? Where does it stop? It doesn't. Your being selfish and arrogantly believe you somehow know Blizzard's lore better than them. They admitted to a screw up. That's all it was.

Maybe later Zandalari Warlocks will exist when or if Class Combos are no longer meaningful. But for the moment Blizzard decided Class / Race Combos do matter. Disagree with it all you like, but you can't refute a thing I just said as false.

Your just pissed that the info isn't what you want. Would I of been sad if Zanda Paladins were a no? Hell yes. But would I say "delete Zandalari Warlocks" so I can have them? Hell no. That is where the core of your problem is.

Oh snap we have the lore police here! Care to explain how Zandalari get to Monks, when the race (Pandaren) that is supposed to teach them ABSOLUTELY LOATHES them due to their history and would probably leave the Horde as well once they found out that the Horde is not only aiding them but asking for them to join their faction?

We're not stupid here. Blizzard isn't removing Warlocks from the race because of lore reasons, or error between matching TWO Blizzcon announcements (last year and this year) to their website. They are removing them because the amount of backlash they got for giving Zandalari 10 class choices, and as usual, Warlocks get the shaft and have good things removed from them just like every other expansion/patch in the history of their class. That is the reason, and they don't have the balls to admit it so they make up an excuse using lore when so much in this game already doesn't make sense lore-wise.

What's worse is, they could just give an extra class to the KT to make up for it. They're basically giving up free income to the company cause "lorelollollol but our lorelololol makes no sense btw just pretend it does though."

They make sense as monks especially brewmasters and windwalkers and mistweavers.

They just didn't feel like giving them all 10 classes for some arbitrary reasons (like alliance getting mad I would wager). Now they do have one more class combo then us... but not like that matters much xD

I think many people would be happy with Kul Tirans paladins, as well as Zandalari warlocks. I'm just saying...

Your aggression is illogical. I've reported your post for making a thread discussing the moderation of the other threads, and if you keep attempting to ratchet up the rhetoric I'll report your posts here as well.

Moving on to answering your question, the reason for the above is this. Pandaren have created a extraordinarily peaceful and forgiving culture based around the suppression of negative feelings.

Given the fact that the Zandalari did not approve of all of the Mogu's methods, and the fact that the Pandaren even hold out an olive branch to the Mantid; it is logical to assume the same would apply to the Zandalari.

This is further reinforced by the fact that the Zandalari are far more civil than the Mogu, are currently occupied in killing Mogu invaders that Zul brought in for his coupe; and have yet to show even a remote interest in enslaving the Pandaren in this day and age.

More likely you would see a Pandaren walk up to a Zandalari and go. "Hmm. I've heard about your race. Want to spar?" Regardless of the Yes / No, answer the next step in the relationship would probably be akin to this, with the Zandalari crashing first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jon4GV1u3uM

Pandaren: "So... Your a Zandalari?"
Talanji: "In a HAT!" -thuds drunk as hell to ground, as Saurid hiss in the background-

Humor and whimsey aside, we all know Talanji wouldn't get shnockered, but the core fact is Pandaren don't hold grudges. Monks use Spirit Energy as do Shamans. Thus it makes sense they have that affinity.

Moreover a Pandaren holding a grudge against the Zandalari would be against their character, and be like feeding the Shas of Hatred, Violence, Fear, Anger, and Pride all at once. Please try to remember the lore in the future, even when it is inconvenient to your arguments. That is the mark of a true lore-police officer.

Also in advance, thank you for noticing my badge of office citizen.

Good day-cycle!
I don't think it's an issue of Pandaren not being willing to teach. I think the issue is more rooted in the Zandalari themselves. They are a quite proud people, and quite arrogant as well. Why would they deign to learn the fighting style of the Pandaren? Especially one that humiliated the last push against them?
11/08/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Takiyanti
I don't think it's an issue of Pandaren not being willing to teach. I think the issue is more rooted in the Zandalari themselves. They are a quite proud people, and quite arrogant as well. Why would they deign to learn the fighting style of the Pandaren? Especially one that humiliated the last push against them?

Horde pandaren arent really the same as the ones in Pandaria. They have good reason to teach there new allies.

In volduun you also see them as brewmasters or drunks.

Mistweaving would also be good for new frog loa worshippers of Krogwa.

And the ferocity and honor woul definetly be suited for Kimbul followers.
11/07/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
Honestly it would make more sense if they can be locks over Monks.
You mean over paladins.
been waiting all xpac to be a zandalar warlock and now i cant sorry blizzard i may be moving on from the game to which i have loved for so many years. they have shown us this race with locks since they announced them at blizzcon and no we cant even play them now no thanks blizzard im out!