I miss those days when mage..

Mage
When mage was a real mage who used to control fire, ice and arcane at the same time back to BC/wotlk. Now mages are attached to only one school of magic which doesn't feel wizardly. Even shaman feels more wizardly than mages.

Mages should be able to control all kind of magic binded to arcane, as Lore says.
11/08/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Mandriuz
When mage was a real mage who used to control fire, ice and arcane at the same time back to BC/wotlk. Now mages are attached to only one school of magic which doesn't feel wizardly. Even shaman feels more wizardly than mages.

Mages should be able to control all kind of magic binded to arcane, as Lore says.
Agreed. Blizz went overboard when they pruned core abilities from each spec.

What I miss most is not having Cone of Cold as arcane spec.
11/08/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Mistwynd
11/08/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Mandriuz

Agreed. Blizz went overboard when they pruned core abilities from each spec.

What I miss most is not having Cone of Cold as arcane spec.

I remember the elementalist build from wotlk. It was basically full points on fire tree and some on frost Tree to empower frostfire Bolt at full potential.

It was fun...
I also miss not having arcane explosion as a frost mage,i remember in vanilla running around mobs spamming my arcane explosion spell.
Not gonna lie, been playing D3 Wizard with the Tal Rasha set this week and weaving spell types has been extremely fun for me.
I agree, but a lot of this is due to the mage community, themselves. I remember so many mages, for example, screaming that ice barrier was not acceptable on their fire/arcane mage. I was totally happy to have my arcane mage use ice barrier. I loved being a master of magic, not just one kind. But, yeah, while Blizzard definitely did go down this route when they created specs, many mages contributed to the very separate schools we have now.
Just out of curiosity, are you more interested in:
1) more support spells of different schools of magic
2) a standard dps rotation with multiple schools of magic
??