Full CGI Warcraft Movie For New Expansions

General Discussion
The Cutscenes in WoW are absolutely incredible and beautiful. The motion picture Warcraft movie that hit theaters was really awkward seeing CGI orcs next to live action humans. For instance, I personally LOVE seeing the CGI version of Anduin next to Saurfang in 'Lost Honor'. How great would it be to have a feature length CGI movie in that style to tell part of the story progression as a new expansion comes out.
Everyone has been asking for it but it just doesn't seem to want to be.

I know I would much prefer it to what we got in the live action WC movie. You can just do much more fantasy and particle spell effects with a pure CG movie like the WoW expansion intro's.

In a live action movie you're always grounded by what actors can do and the big budget of real life effects.
Are you aware of just how much it costs and how much time it takes to make even a 5 minute CGI video?
I think we just wish they could.
11/08/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Farora
Are you aware of just how much it costs and how much time it takes to make even a 5 minute CGI video?

Sure, but we get those every few weeks from them for free. There's profitability both in the theater/sales and the subscriptions it might generate if done right. Gotta get ppl on the hype train first to get them to sub.
11/08/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Snailedit
11/08/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Farora

Sure, but we get those every few weeks from them for free. There's profitability both in the theater/sales and the subscriptions it might generate if done right. Gotta get ppl on the hype train first to get them to sub.

We absolutely do not get these videos every few weeks. They have most likely been working on the CGI videos we've received for this expansion for months and months.
Just because the movie is CGI doesn't mean American audiences are going to go out and see it. They didn't before they won't again.

And just because they decide to make the movie based off of Arthas's arc doesn't mean Critics will like it either. They will call him a discount Anakin.

Sorry people, it's probably never going to happen again. Best chance would be Netflix or Amazon.