War mode gives unskilled horde players an advantage

General Discussion
11/08/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Hawkadio
There is a chat box in the bottom left side of your screen. Type /1 and ask for help. It's worked for me when the Alliance attacked the Crossroads in 2005 and it still works today. Goodluck.

Totally missed the point, but score for trying to be funny I guess
Lol working as intended. Nothing stopping alliance from turning on warmode but themselves.
11/08/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Sunsix
11/08/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Kitanana

Bro all i see from this is maybe learn to group. Even as my bm hunter out in warmode I have a blast as alliance. Infact i switched from horde to alliance. Yall full of excuses i swear .

Where is this gear that horde get thats better ? Because I seem to be doing just fine.

Bro thanks for semi-reading the post and then not even comprehending it. I like to pvp, said that there's a smaller player base to group up with. I didn't say they get better gear. My point of discussion was about how the system doesn't reward players relative to their participation in wpvp. The general horde pve player will benefit from this more often and their alliance counterpart.

The post was also partially about the experience of warmode, but I also said that I enjoy it at times and enjoy pvp in general. I don't think you've taken the time to read much of what people have posted in this thread.

I'm all ears to hear discussion about the topic, not your silly condemnation.

I read your post bro . You are complaining and crying over how horde is favored instead of actually going to do other content. They dont magically get ilvl 390 gear from pure wpvp . Thats not how warmode works . The Tf/WF off wq gear is PURE RNG. There is nothing about playing this faction or that faction that will get you a vear advantage . If you want actual gear lfr/warfronts /normals /mythics /arenas/rated bgs .

Its hardly imablanced when you have the same tools i do to use lfg and make your own group. Audacity , I wpvp lit all the time and i do fine on all my toons . I aint even worried about some PVErs lel . How does it favor them being in warmode vs before warmode was even a thing? Like helloooo in legion pvers were still able to wpvp ?
So you're essentially complaining that too many horde players are using war mode? So you're losing because you're outnumbered? And two people should lose to one person why?
It’s fine on my server .. lots of alliance in WM on their zones and even more alliance in the low level zones ganking horde players . Thrallmar , Tanaris etc
11/08/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Kitanana
11/08/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Sunsix

Bro thanks for semi-reading the post and then not even comprehending it. I like to pvp, said that there's a smaller player base to group up with. I didn't say they get better gear. My point of discussion was about how the system doesn't reward players relative to their participation in wpvp. The general horde pve player will benefit from this more often and their alliance counterpart.

The post was also partially about the experience of warmode, but I also said that I enjoy it at times and enjoy pvp in general. I don't think you've taken the time to read much of what people have posted in this thread.

I'm all ears to hear discussion about the topic, not your silly condemnation.

I read your post bro . You are complaining and crying over how horde is favored instead of actually going to do other content. They dont magically get ilvl 390 gear from pure wpvp . Thats not how warmode works . The Tf/WF off wq gear is PURE RNG. There is nothing about playing this faction or that faction that will get you a vear advantage . If you want actual gear lfr/warfronts /normals /mythics /arenas/rated bgs .

Its hardly imablanced when you have the same tools i do to use lfg and make your own group. Audacity , I wpvp lit all the time and i do fine on all my toons . I aint even worried about some PVErs lel . How does it favor them being in warmode vs before warmode was even a thing? Like helloooo in legion pvers were still able to wpvp ?

Dude from the beginning I've been asking for people's opinion and you've just been a salty !@#$%^-. You have valid points but you're so poor at expressing them it makes it harder to listen tbh xD Thanks for your input though
11/08/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Sunsix
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Dude from the beginning I've been asking for people's opinion and you've just been a salty !@#$%^-. You have valid points but you're so poor at expressing them it makes it harder to listen tbh xD Thanks for your input though

What ? How is my opinion "salty" i just dont sugar coat stuff,I tell it like it is ? How i am i poor at expressing them when its clearly an opinion ?

Dont get all uptight over somones opinion that you asked for and then try to belittle and patronize me over it . Like you asked for opinions i gave you mine from my expirence what more do you want ? How could i spell it out for you any easier ?

/shrug
11/08/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Jalen
11/08/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Jamalia
The problem is that opting into WPVP should have never had a bonus added. Blizz messed up.

They took away PvP servers. Having a bonus seems like a fair trade

Correction, you mean they forced wpvp on every server now. They didn't delete the pvp servers, they removed the contested zones and put in warmode instead. The problem is it's a mechanic that rewards the terrible sharding they came up with, which shouldn't have been thought up in the first place. Warmode should have given strictly an honor bonus to kills, not exp or resources, that only makes it a free advantage to one side.
11/08/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Jagd
Lol working as intended. Nothing stopping alliance from turning on warmode but themselves.

From what I understand. alliance wants a massive imbalance before they turn it on. they tried this in winter grasp and did not work. alliance for most part are care bears. Most don't engage in pvp. They seem to do a lot of ganking though. so again why are we talking about something that no one has control of but the player itself. Alliance Player seem to only want massive imbalance before they even considered doing it.
Seems like they aren't unskilled if they can put a group together better than the other side.
I'm horde and I've never turned WM on once. I played pve servers for a reason.
It's already been worked out before that leveling without warmode on is actually quicker if you take into account the time it takes to fight another player let alone win or lose.
The 10% is to try offset that difference to time.

I leave it on regardless of which faction or class I'm playing as I enjoy the idea of an expac based on warring with eachother actually involve fighting eachother.

Got a problem with it, turn it off and clear stuff faster.
Always a human paladin...
Like the passed week there's been like a 40 man raid force of Alliance ganking in Kul Tiras. It goes both ways I could say the same argument I hate getting killed by people that wouldn't beat me 1 on 1 when its 5 on 1. Opt out of warmode do your quests then turn it back on, I've done it plenty of times I didn't want to be bothered with getting ganked to get my quests done before. And besides the +10% bonus is garbage after you hit 120. They should sweeten the rewards on it honestly. I see more ganking going on in non BFA zones too. But you gotta take the good with the bad and that's how it goes when you opt in for it. LOL we call people that don't have warmode on "Alliance mode" ;)
Honestly, "unskilled horde players" won't even come near you if they see an Alliance group of 5+ people.

Group up with a few friends, doesn't have to be a full raid.
Lol I get ganked all the time from ally when I'm leveling alts. You need a wake up call and realize these things are going to happen if you're flagged for PvP. In short, git gud.
Your complaints are being worked on. Alliance will get more bonuses to provide our faction with more incentive and Horde less incentive. This is a fair compromise.

11/08/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Triskeriaki
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2018/11/07/blizzard-working-to-balance-warcrafts-alliance-and-horde-players-in-war-mode-raiding/#3d6f24cb3c18

But as we go ahead to [patch] 8.1, Tides of Vengeance, we're actually looking at offering some kind of increased rewards for the less-represented faction in War Mode, so the risk and reward are better calibrated.
Hazzikostas said said Blizzard suspects many Alliance players had "rough experiences early on and opted out" of War Mode, and the increased rewards may bring people back in. While the new systems are intended to give additional rewards of experience while leveling and world-quest currency at max level to anyone participating in War Mode in a faction that's under-represented, right now that's "basically Alliance," he said.
The point of the War Mode bonuses has always been to offset the inherent inefficiency of, sometimes you go to World Quest, but you can't because of Horde players there, or you get killed," he said. "Stay away from the assassins on the map, but we want to keep that equal. And so if you are outnumbered, you should get a bigger bonus for being a part of that. That's something we want to do.
Git gud and fight me
I don't know if its the realms I play on but I am really enjoying WM. I play both factions on both MG and WRA (which are joined by sharding/CRZ I guess) and its great.

Once in a while you get zerged but for the most part... I find lots of 1v1s... and I get left alone/leave people alone who are doing their WQs.

I get why people are not liking WM so much... but for me its great!
Maybe if Blizzard introduced new features in war mode that you cannot do in PVE mode might be fun to do.

For example, take mounts. Let us be able to purchase a flying mount that has attack abilities from air to ground and air to air. Let us buy a land based artillery mount so we can attack from far away doing tremendous damage but be weak up close. Maybe then we could buy anti air weapons too or anti vehicle weapons. These features would be not obtainable in PVE mode.

Imagine attacking Goldshire or Crossroads with artillery or hitting a major city hub from the sky. Have enough friends and you could begin a siege.

It’s just an idea. Something fun needs to be added to world PvP to get players to go into warmode.