Who actually mobile games?

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
About 70% of the human population in first and second world countries play mobile games at some point.

Vs the 20-30% of pc gamers. Yes OP they outnumber us by quiet a bit.
I don't play mobile games, but I'm not indicative of the market. Mobile makes boatloads of money bc of the whales. Diablo Immortal was a good idea but poorly communicated. They should have presented somewhere other than Blizzcon or on a Mobile stage. Not be the primary and only announcement on the stage of one their biggest and most popular IPs.
11/09/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Abattøir
I don't play mobile games, but I'm not indicative of the market. Mobile makes boatloads of money bc of the whales. Diablo Immortal was a good idea but poorly communicated. They should have presented somewhere other than Blizzcon or on a Mobile stage. Not be the primary and only announcement on the stage of one their biggest and most popular IPs.
I agree they could have done better at anticipating the reaction and staging their announcement. Something like "Blizz has created many of the most popular PC games in the history of online gaming and will continue to do so, but we can't help noticing that many of you enjoy playing mobile games as well. We are excited to announce that Blizz will embrace the mobile market by adapting one of our popular franchises for mobile users."
11/09/2018 01:31 AMPosted by Sevaryn
Well I don't think that, but I do think corporations use dirty tactics to spy on people through their mobile/cell phones, and I also think wi-fi radiation is a real big threat.

Wifi is not ionizing radiation. The following things will give you more (i.e., at least nonzero) ionizing radiation than Wifi:

• Walking outside
  • Opening your window
  • Biannual X-ray at your dentist
  • Flying in an airplane
  • Ski vacation in the mountains
  • Smoke detector (Americium-241)
  • Using an old CRT monitor because you're afraid the flat-screens might be radioactive (older tubes weren't properly shielded and emitted X-rays until regulation cracked down on them)
  • Smelling coal exhaust (trace uranium -- for bonus points, the uranium in coal contains more usable energy than burning the coal around it)
  • Eating a banana (Potassium-40)
  • Kissing your spouse (Carbon-14)
  • Existing at all as an organic lifeform (both of the above isotopes)

Professor Doofenshmirtz could make a highly-concentrated Wifi death laser-inator and shoot you with it, and it would set you on fire before it posed a cancer risk.

I like you ;)
I read on my phone mostly. Mobile gaming is terrible. Short battery life, terrible controls, games that literally die within the week they're released.

Don't know how anyone manages to stand actually playing a game on them.
I don't know a single person who plays mobile games, but they somehow have millions of dollars to spend on Ryan Reynolds & advertisements on every single media platform.

Why are so many people buying mobile game micro-transactions? Do these people not have any self discipline?
Does Switch, DS, or PSP count?
When I first got a smart phone I loooved finding new games on it. I was on a wow break, my computer was a potato, and the games were only $1-5.

Then micro transactions became a thing and it completely turned me off to almost every game I had. I still play two dots but that’s it.

I am tired of being a baby battery to the matrix machines when it comes to these games.
Time to sit on my couch and play my phone with a 6” screen and bad controls for hours on end! Screw that powerful PC sitting in my office with a 144hz 1440 UW monitor. The future of gaming clearly lies in phones...lol
11/08/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Hellasha
Lots of people, mobile gaming is one of the largest sectors of the gaming industry.

It isn't one of the largest, it is the largest. Mobile gaming is larger than console and pc gaming combined.
I have a mobile game I play, but mobile games suck for anything indepth.
mobile games are great as long as its cheap side-games.

you can't get immersed on a phone while on transit or while taking a crap.

put the auction house on the phone,
put pet battles on the phone,
put armory related thingies on the phone...

DO NOT put a whole game on the stupid phone.
11/09/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Spiçy
Time to sit on my couch and play my phone with a 6” screen and bad controls for hours on end! Screw that powerful PC sitting in my office with a 144hz 1440 UW monitor. The future of gaming clearly lies in phones...lol

It's not the future, it's the present. The vast majority of gamers (and profit) are mobile gamers. Console gamers are a distant #2, and PC gamers are just behind console in numbers. (I'm solely in that last group, I don't own a console and don't play mobile games, but I'm okay being in the minority).

Edit: Source added because I'm a scientist https://www.mobvista.com/en/blog/mobile-gaming-now-bigger-console-pc-gaming-combined-still-growing-always-changing/
Whenever I am on the road for business I play Lineage 2 and Black Desert mobile when in flight or on a train.

11/09/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Tekdh

you can't get immersed on a phone while on transit

Maybe you can't but I assure you that I know a slew of Business travelers and Military who do!
Plants vs zombies 2 when I am “ unavailable “
11/08/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Torren
Per the new announcements and the summary on MMO I'm legit curious, how many people really play mobile games?

This one comment really got me the most:

"Blizzard's approach to mobile gaming comes from many people over the last few years shifting away from playing primarily on desktop to playing many hours on mobile."

Is this actually true? I personally don't see this so I won't dismiss it as true, but sad to see this is happening if so. I can't stand my phone as it is. The last phone game I played was probably Words with Friends or something.

Tons of Hearthstone when I'm stuck waiting somewhere - car's in the shop, doctor's appointment, subway, got to a meeting 30 minutes early, sometimes just in bed for a match or two while the gf brushes teeth. I have tons of time sunk into the game.

My nieces don't have PCs or consoles - they have the family's discarded iPhone 6s, and an iPad. They play tons of games on those. I got them to play Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IX
I hate mobile games myself but I do use my phone a lot for various things, like this post for instance.
11/09/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Setkhan
11/08/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Hrøðric
I play Lineage 2 Revolution. The auto play is great for grinds as I can grind while running or doing something else.
Graphics are alright.
As I said on another thread mobile games are alright the problem is the damn control but auto play kinda solve the issue.
With that said the only game I take serious is WoW but last two expansions I went full casual. Still love the game and got myself War3R.
Guilds those days want a part time job, not for me. Still dreaming with a Warcraft full 1 person RPG like Skyrim or The Witcher.

What's the point of playing games that play themselves? You might as well watch a video or read a book.

Autoplay is there for grinds (huge grind in that game) and casual play.
If you want to be a hardcore player you never use the autoplay because it just does not work for pvp, arena or castle sieges.
The game is very complex, go check it out. Its huge.
I used to be excited about the future of Smartphones and Mobile gaming prospects, however I hate the direction it's taken. I hate the predatory business models that these games use to exploit their player base, most of the games are reskins of other games and they release sequels sometimes twice in one year.

Most of the games are in some stage of Abandonware and don't even sync your progress between devices reliably. They have very little content but feed into a person's need to collect all the things so most of the content is 90% reskinned items.

I would say that sure I would play mobile games if the business models were different and app stores offered refunds for games that end up not working on your device.

Sad thing is, that Mobile has polluted the whole gaming pool. It's turning the games as a service concept on consoles and PC even more toxic and greedy than normal.

What investors see are games that take very little money to make and have huge returns on profit and thats all they care about. I do believe the medium that we have all grown up with is changing for the worse year by year till we will all have to just go outside or something and socialize with other humans.
11/09/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Sy
I read on my phone mostly. Mobile gaming is terrible. Short battery life, terrible controls, games that literally die within the week they're released.

Don't know how anyone manages to stand actually playing a game on them.

Depends on the type of game it is and who made it.

An action-oriented game like Diablo would definitely be terrible on a mobile device.

Old school turn-based mechanics are actually very good for a mobile platform.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius just celebrated their 2nd year anniversary for the U.S release and are currently celebrating 35 million downloads globally.