My guild has never been this dead

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Even in WoD, I took a break, came back and we still had enough to attempt to raid. I am usually the only one on now. This early in the expac is not good.
I don't think my guild is going to pull out of this one. But the way actiblizz stocks are now performing I think alot of subs are now voting with their wallet.
I love WoW but maybe next expac or classic is the way to go.
Even in WoD I stuck with it but not now in BFA with the azurite grind and the changes that were made in "XP FROM DUNGEONS" when a higher level would run through to get players geared and raid ready; Plus all the Scaling with no sense of power progression; This was a deal breaker for me.
Yup.. first expansion where no one is ever on in my guild ;-; breaks my moo heart
All of my alts are in dead guilds including my own, yea it sucks.
WoD raided regularly
Legion raided occasionally
BfA = LFR

And actually over the last few days I've been playing Skyrim more

Others in my guild are doing other things like Monster Hunter World . Our GM\RL has been on very little due to rl stuff .

This is probably the first expansion since I started playing in late BC that I am truly not enthused about.
Well to be honest Legion was the begining of the downward slope for WoW with me.
Blizzard has been detached from their customer base for so long, I don't think they honestly know what they are doing anymore. Not just in WoW but all of their games. One money grab after another.
Towards the end of Legion someone in one of my dead guilds said "they'll be back for BfA''. It didn't happen. The GM came back, briefly as it turned out, but the rest stayed away.
I'm now a guild of one, last 2 friends unsubbed last nite.

Been playing No Man's Sky. Jury is still out on it.
I'm still staying subbed (got the ghost boat after all!) but I haven't really been doing any BfA content outside of leveling and occasional pvp (I was aiming for 1800 for the cool plate set but I got the lion shoulders from the warfront quest so might just stop trying after I get the hippo).

Transmog hunting in old content feels way more rewarding for some reason....
Same... My guild was making Mythic progress but then people just... stopped signing online. :/

Now there's about ten or so of us, but not enough of the important roles to form a raid around it, plus you'd need 20 to do Mythic so we'd be downgrading back to Heroic.
people need to really start thinking about merging guilds

how many guilds on your server are dying, with similar players, aiming to do the same content, in the same game?

spreading out the already thinning population into a million different guilds doesn't help anything as far as i can tell. you just end up with a handful of dedicated players in each one

look at other guilds on your server with similar raid progression or play styles and get together. guild names or any sentiment aren't worth anything if you're the only person online in a dead guild. pugs are pugs, but there are people on your server who would like to regularly play world of warcraft with you
The BFA attendance boss is a serious speedbump in raiding these days.

No, I take that back. It's not even just in raiding.
Toward the end of Legion I was spamming WoD heroic dungeons with a 100 friend of mine who had not purchased Legion, and had been raiding mythic HFC for the entire expansion. He was so hyped for BfA and tried to convince me to buy it and start raiding, because raiding is what wow is about. I'm really not good at raiding, I'm just a casual who likes to do my thing.

He hasn't logged on in months. I never got to ask what happened. :(
11/08/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Bullcritt
Toward the end of Legion I was spamming WoD heroic dungeons with a 100 friend of mine who had not purchased Legion, and had been raiding mythic HFC for the entire expansion. He was so hyped for BfA and tried to convince me to buy it and start raiding, because raiding is what wow is about. I'm really not good at raiding, I'm just a casual who likes to do my thing.

He hasn't logged on in months. I never got to ask what happened. :(

Same here.

I met someone on Timeless Isle near the end of MoP and we became close wow buddies, doing pvp and pve and everything else in between together and he absolutely loved the game. But now he hasn't logged on in 11 months. Even his max level characters have disappeared from the search function.

I still wonder what had happened to him to disappear all of a sudden. He was always hyped about wow and its next expansions.
Uldir is fun but I’m pretty much raid logging and some pvp on random alts with friends on the weekends. We still manage to fill our twenty for raids every night but I feel like when we get ghuun we’re probably going to have trouble filling for farm.

I honestly feel like the legendary chase (as !@#$ty as it was) got people logging on to spam m+ and do the content in general. Now outside of doing a 10 every week to be disappointed with what I get on Tuesday, there really isn’t a point to even doing m+.
Like others have said, my guild died after people stopped showing up to raids. Only managed to get 2/8m before my self and others got bored.

It really sucks because I enjoy WoW, but this xpac is the hardest to log in to. I hated the Legendary system in Legion because some specs were unplayable without a specific piece (looking at you Unholy) but damn it felt so much more alive than this.

I got suspended from forums recently for calling the Blizz dev team a bunch of !@#$ flinging monkeys that have no idea whats going on, and I still stand by it. Censor me all you want. Your game is dying, not mine.
My guild died in Legion sadly due to us being too casual and the raids evidently being too hard to progress and people lost interest and we had to start pugging and that was just pure horrible so most everyone just stopped playing.

People came back for maybe the first month or so of BFA but not anywhere near what it used to be but since I still play for now I found a new progression guild.

It's sad though. I miss my friends. They got me through so much and I wish there was something that would bring their excitement back for World of Warcraft but I don't see it happening with the way things are going now.

I agree with the fact that Blizzard has lost touch with their customers and is progressively getting worse and worse. I am doing what I can to do what I enjoy in the game but the last few weeks my interest has begun to wane a lot and I am already considering a break for a month or two until new raid comes out.
11/08/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Aayah
I agree with the fact that Blizzard has lost touch with their customers and is progressively getting worse and worse. I am doing what I can to do what I enjoy in the game but the last few weeks my interest has begun to wane a lot and I am already considering a break for a month or two until new raid comes out.

It's like they do these things on purpose to piss people off.

Some totally broken class is getting a big buff. People try it on the PTR and find all the changes add up to a big nerf.

They're decreasing XP required to level by "up to 40%". Some levels are getting decreased by 40%. Some are getting an increase in the xp required to level.

Does anybody remember when twice in 2 weeks they announced that they had nerfed mob hp in leveling content by 40%? In neither case had they actually done it.
I lost my guild at the end of MoP. They started talking about how they missed the old talent trees and old abilities, etc. Then they all logged off during Siege of Orgrimmar and never came back.

I haven't been able to find a guild since. Half the guilds I join are dead where no one talks and the other half are so into their own little cliques that I can't get groups for anything. I've been playing solo since WoD.

I miss my old group. It sucks because I still love WoW and enjoy playing it even with the problems it has. I hope Blizzard listens to the feedback because I want WoW to succeed but I have a bad feeling about the future.
I still say 1.8 million subs was right. Never have I seen a dev respond to sub numbers in previous post. they did to 7 post. had the guy pull it before days up. Plus 404 forms for half a day. They never posted sub numbers to counter it. Just said wrong. To all those believe sub at all time high. ive got stocks to sell you from 2000 bubble burst.