If LFR helps WoW, why are subs at an all time low?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
11/09/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Sykora
11/09/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Elynos
No you couldn’t, you would get kicked for being afk

Nope, I've done it.

-Just from Warfront, you can get a 340 Piece and a 370 Piece just for winning one. Then repeat for the entire 340 set+warforging/titanforging
-8LFR Bosses + People giving you loot
-I could Join both a Normal+Heroic Uldir Pug and get potential loot off the first boss+ more if they don't notice which is likely because nobody inspects taloc dmg.
-Weekly Quest if correct one could give 355 loot
-World quests where you just collect stuff or azerite
-Upgrading Necklace

Just off the top of my head, you can get loot from all of that and you don't need to do a single point of dmg.

If you need to join normal and heroic raid PUGs in order to achieve the ilvl you're talking about, what exactly is the point you're trying to make? It has nothing to do with LFR or anything.

If the point is just "You can afk through content as long as people don't kick/report you", then might as well count M+ and Mythic Uldir since you can pay people to let you afk and collect loot there too.
11/09/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Vicktoria
The sub drops right now have zero to do with the presence of LFR.

What sub drops? Are we talking subway or firehouse?
11/08/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Magnemyte
1.7 million subs is NOT a good number for the game... If WoW had more of a community + more RPG gameplay maybe more people would play? The LFR gameplay is dissatisfying to the spirit, people react better to the carrot than the stick.

proof? or you going by that twitter post? I saw a twitter post that burger king allegedly has ground up dog... that must be true also right?
11/09/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Eret
1.7 million subs is NOT a good number for the game... If WoW had more of a community + more RPG gameplay maybe more people would play? The LFR gameplay is dissatisfying to the spirit, people react better to the carrot than the stick.

proof? or you going by that twitter post? I saw a twitter post that burger king allegedly has ground up dog... that must be true also right?

I wouldn’t doubt it
11/09/2018 04:41 AMPosted by Sykora
11/09/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Tyriellais
You heard it here first, folks! The reason WoW is losing subs is because more people are playing than watching the cutscenes on YouTube!

I could not have made a post more ripe for ridicule if I tried. Thanks.

Wut.......nothing I said in that last statement had anything to do with sub numbers... ....

Not my fault you posted in a thread without understanding what the thread was about.
11/09/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Elynos
11/09/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Eret

I wouldn’t doubt it

Well the burger was a bit ruff to eat..
I don't think it helps my sub. I have done the first wing once and haven't stepped in since.

I find LFR just boring as hell. I should be doing it for the tmog but I just can't push myself to be THAT BORED.

Yes, let's pick a single thing to hang the dwindling sub numbers on..

You act like it's a new BFA feature.

Because players are irritated/bored with crap that has NOTHING to do with LFR???
Good god..this is your reasoning???

I LOVE LFR and the ONLY thing keeping me playing right now is running old content.
It has ZERO to do with LFR.

but hey...lets keep beating this dead troll horse topic...shall we.

Pathfinder is more detrimental to this game than LFR ever will be.
11/08/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Jalen
Like seriously. Can we really say that a difficulty that has glorified target dummies is what saved raiding? Is that Blizzard quality in terms of an overall gaming experience?

At the end of the day LFR doesnt affect you and isnt your concern.
WE enjoy it, end of debate.
What's with all the Sunday threads coming out on anything but a Sunday now?My ribs can't handle daily postings :P
1.7 million subs is NOT a good number for the game

Even if that subs number was true, there are many games out there that would kill just to get half that number as an active playerbase.
If it wasn't for LFR I know I would not be playing. I'm never going to do Mythic Dungeons and I'm never going to do "real raiding."

I used to get bored and leave for months at a time to play other games but because of LFR I have been an active subscriber for years without a single lapse.

If WoW did not have LFR I would most likely be bouncing between WoW, ESO and SWTOR equally throughout the year.
11/09/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Sykora
11/09/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Elynos
No you couldn’t, you would get kicked for being afk

Nope, I've done it.

-Just from Warfront, you can get a 340 Piece and a 370 Piece just for winning one. Then repeat for the entire 340 set+warforging/titanforging
-8LFR Bosses + People giving you loot
-I could Join both a Normal+Heroic Uldir Pug and get potential loot off the first boss+ more if they don't notice which is likely because nobody inspects taloc dmg.
-Weekly Quest if correct one could give 355 loot
-World quests where you just collect stuff or azerite
-Upgrading Necklace

Just off the top of my head, you can get loot from all of that and you don't need to do a single point of dmg.

you have nope done lfr in last 3 weeks then. LFR/warfronts now kick you automatic if not doing certain amount of dps. Been kick twice from warfront running upgrades. Put in ticket and was informed you have to do a set amount of dps based on your gear score or system boots you. I have to say that was so wrong. But too many afk cant see why they did not do sooner. don't believe me run it and not do anything see what happens now.
LFR is garbage and goes against the spirit of every self respecting RPG in existance.

LFR expects no player growth for the hero to defeat the antagonist. You can 'beat' the game at 20% character output. There's never anything in the game that gates the story behind personal effort, which is something really vital to the RPG genre. LFR makes the world less believable and immersive.

LFR is anticlimactic and boring.
11/09/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Drakonov
LFR is anticlimactic and boring.

I think you mean BfA is anticlimactic and boring.

Especially if you are Horde. So put off by all trolls all the time. I hate the troll zones and I hate the troll armor.

The dungeon designs are crap. The zones are crap. The WQ's are boring as hell. No flight makes travelling boring as crap. The rep grinds are crap. Professions are useless, which means they too are crap.

This is the first expansion where I truly dread logging in because I know as soon as I do, anything I go to do will be tedious and boring as crap.

It has ZERO to do with LFR.

The whole BfA experience is crap.

Hell, even the Mythic system is crap. I have ZERO interest in Mythics or Mythic+ dungeons.

ZERO!

And that means I can't see the end of the story because it's locked behind a crappy Mythic dungeon.
OP sounds like LFR was introduced this expansion.
How do you know it's not the glue holding what is left, together? Could be subs would be 250,000 without it. Just a thought.
Umm, why are people still believing the 1.7 million BS? That wasn't even an accurate number nor is it a plausable one. It came from the Weak Auras Twitter based off of how many people use the addon..

Can you show us actual stats on sub number or just going off an article posting false numbers?

You are also trying wayyyyy too hard. Probably sounded better in your head with this cool and edgy post huh?