If LFR helps WoW, why are subs at an all time low?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 20 Next
11/08/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Magnemyte
1.7 million subs is NOT a good number for the game... If WoW had more of a community + more RPG gameplay maybe more people would play? The LFR gameplay is dissatisfying to the spirit, people react better to the carrot than the stick.

Do you math at all?

Had you considered that subs could be lower without it? We don't really know. However, to make wild causation assertions with no actual evidence is silly. Also, multivariate trends are a thing. Look that up if you need to.
11/08/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Sellene
If they removed LFR, people wouldn't resub because of it.

THey would probably lose more people if that happened.

Can't blame LfR for the people on the WoW team thinking that MMO players want MOBA rotations or rep grinding to play new races or having to grind to the point where you get flying for a couple months then being given final zones for expansions that you can't fly in ,that'll last about a year.

LfR is not really an issue when it comes to subs . It's only an issue to trolls and to those that think their $15 / month is worth more then someone elses $15/month
Out of all the things wrong with the game, why do you assume that LFR is the one problem that if removed would solve all the problems?
The game is fading because it doesn't compare to the RPGs of today and the death of the community.

When WoW was first created the linear path was alright because games weren't all that advanced. Now we're seeing plenty of games where your choices matter and it reflects on the world. You don't have that option in WoW. Every player has the same one decision to make and the world reflects the same. Once you've hit the end of the ride there are no more secrets or possibilities to unlock.

Communities have been slipping greatly ever since the release of the CRZ. It would have been better if it was implemented to only have players from your server form a group. If this meant servers being merged to deal with low population that would have been fine. Instead I group with people in randoms whom I don't know, don't care about, and most likely will never see again.

There is no connection to the WoW story because ultimately your decisions don't matter. There is no community connection because of the CRZ. LFR can remain in the game but, it would be better suited if people within the confines of their own server played together.
1.7 million subs is NOT a good number for the game... If WoW had more of a community + more RPG gameplay maybe more people would play? The LFR gameplay is dissatisfying to the spirit, people react better to the carrot than the stick.

That 1.7 number isn't even real. You got trolled.
11/08/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Grimwulf
Without LFR there would be no more raiding, Blizz has stated this for the reason why it was introduced long after they said they would never create such a system.

As a non-raider, dropping LFR would work for me.

If they dropped LFR, they would also stop making all raids as they wouldn't be able to justify raid development. If they stopped making raids, they would put development dollars into other areas of the game I enjoy more.

I suspect removing LFR wouldn't work so well for others, though ... :)
I don't have any skin in LFR game, I only go in there for quests I have, however, removing features is NOT a way to keep your players happy.

I don't care what you think about Wrath but it was Blizz's shining star in terms of expansion packs. There was something to do for everyone that kept them busy and playing right up to the last day.

That "awesome" feeling of out-gearing your peers in Classic is gone, it's never coming back and you're going to have to accept it.

If Blizz does not maintain a diverse subject of activities to participate in, they WILL lose subs, biggly.

You can hate LFR with a burning passion but it isn't going anywhere, if it does, it will become the new "Anti-Flying" protest on a scale this forum has never seen. There will be no one left to sell you tokens to feed your WoW subs.

Question to the OP. How often do you lead PUG's with relaxed gear requirements? People want to bring elitism back plain and simple. The arguments against LFR are ridiculous. LFR improved the game allowing people another way to group up and run dungeons and raids.

The argument against LFR would go a lot better if you look in the group finder and didn't see people asking for 350ilvl requirements for Normal Uldir.
Wait. How do we know the number of subs again it's been a while?

mythic raiding is killing wow. That and gnome warlocks.....
Joining normal/heroic/mythic raids is too serious of a business these days. Even friendly raiding guilds are pressured to push people out of groups in the quest for the perfect composition. Compound that with the poor balancing this expansion and you have killed the fun factor of raiding. LFR takes everyone and I enjoy it more. Even the wipes are fun lol. This game used to be more about fun and escape from real life worries. It's become the apprentice. Who needs that kind of toxic pressure from your entertainment.

Subs are low because:

1) No flight.

2) Serious mythic plus overtuning.

3) Raid overtuning.

There are other reasons, but these are the top three.
11/08/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Zoumz
Removing content wouldn't be the way to increase people playing. And I wouldn't blame LFR for this expansion fiasco. I'd go first with class designs, azerith gear (vendor won't fix it, basicly band aid on gushing wound), warfronts/islands being terrible vs the hype they got when announced, still no pvp vendor, pathfinder (no way to put it easy but pathfinder part 1 should just unlock flying at the start) and ap basicly being radioactive garbage.

the leveling fiasco was a big part of it too.
11/09/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Xargaryen

That 1.7 number isn't even real. You got trolled.

The number 1.7 million is absolutely real. This has been proven on the forums.

It probably has fallen in the last month since this number was accidentally released.

it's at an all time low for a litany of reasons that have zilch to do with LFR.

Bugs,Bugs ,Bugs, Bugs that remove all quests when you change zones bugs that requires reset after reset. etc etc.

rehashing the same thing that many players had already been burnt out on by the end of the last expansion rather than innovation that players had come to love about wow.

Farther gutting of classes and absolutely no new talents or anything to affect gameplay and make it fun the removal of many things that should have been kept baseline.

The arrogance of the dev team in ignoring any feedback that was constructive.

the Boring Azerite system.

the list goes on and on.

LFR has zip zilch and zippal to do with it.
11/08/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Kullimonk

First wooo!

Better post than the OP. Too bad the OP thinks LFR and raiding is the be all and end all in WoW.
Guys I bet if we remove optional gameplay content, 5 million more people will sub.
My quitting had nothing to do with LFR. I quit before LFR even opened in BfA.

The pathfinder time gate pissed me off for the last time.
1.7 million subs is NOT a good number for the game

1.7 million hasn't been shown to be accurate and that number would be good for any game in terms of subs
Why are some people so obsessed with getting rid of things for other players? F off. Go play classic or something.