If LFR helps WoW, why are subs at an all time low?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 20 Next
11/08/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Adelphie
Mounts, pets, reputations, etc. And well, the only things like that I can really go after at this point are from island expeditions and that's just not "content" I'm going to touch.

Was there another expansion that had 3 mounts from the first set of dungeons at launch? Underrot, King's Rest, and Freehold all drop a rare mount to farm that we do weekly. I think Cataclysm was the only one with 2 at launch, 4 after first patch but I could be wrong.
11/08/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Magnemyte
1.7 million subs is NOT a good number for the game... If WoW had more of a community + more RPG gameplay maybe more people would play? The LFR gameplay is dissatisfying to the spirit, people react better to the carrot than the stick.

LFR is not the reason people leave. They would leave anyway, but earlier, if there was no LFR. And LFR is pointless in BFA anyway with all 355s and 370s floating around.
Believe it or not there's more to it than just the LFR/Mythic+ and raids in general. There has to be more to it than just gearing up your characters. We're not donkeys chasing a carrot on a stick, right?
11/09/2018 03:48 AMPosted by Sykora
I remember back in Wrath, my guild got the Arthas and we just sat there for 5 minutes taking it all in, because we earned this moment

Even in 2018 when you get to the last boss you "earned" that moment

Allowing everyone to see the content just takes away any excitement that it's suppose to bring.

How others derive enjoyment from a game should have little to no effect on how you derive enjoyment from the game. This is a you problem

At this point, you can just pug Heroic Uldir. LFR is a lazy system and should be removed. Don't bring up the fact that players don't have time, thus need LFR, you can pug for a normal and clear the full thing faster than queing for and LFR win and finishing it.

You and others miss the point on this. The people who LFR is targeted for have no desire to raid above that, in fact removing it removes their form of progression and most likely kills their desire to log in

11/09/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Sykora
Are you implying that people get majorly excited and hyped from LFR? lol they don't

You have a source for this?
11/09/2018 04:29 AMPosted by Magnemyte
All I'm saying is Blizz has tried everything to save WoW except taking out LFR, I'm not saying LFR is a panacea for all that ails the game buuuuuuuuuut LFR is a big contributing factor to so much of the current disease (no social aspect, no progression aspect, death of guilds, etc.)

So remove all queueable content, go back to forming groups in a major city and walk to the instance is what you're wanting? There's little to no communication in anything that you can just queue up for, and why would you even need a guild when you can queue for content or even pug raids through the LFG feature
1.7 million subs is NOT a good number for the game... If WoW had more of a community + more RPG gameplay maybe more people would play? The LFR gameplay is dissatisfying to the spirit, people react better to the carrot than the stick.

Your argument makes not sense.
0/10. What you did. We see it lol. There are so many things people are dissatisfied with op. Nice try trying to single out lfr as the only reason subs are low. Good luck with beating the lfr is the cause of all my problems in life deadhorse though lol.
because no one likes RNG ontop of RNG ontop of RNG.
I'm someone that's been actively against LFR since its inception, but removing it wouldn't save the game. I don't think removing it would recover a single sub, actually. It would only lose subs.

The issue with LFR isn't something that can be fixed by removing LFR. It's pandora's box, now that it's in the game, it's here for good.
RNG. Gambling is addictive but not fun
I doubt its LFR causing the decline in subs, LFR has been around for many expansions
11/09/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Nawat
RNG. Gambling is addictive but not fun

Gambling is a lot of fun.
Or subs might be lower if LFR didn't exist.
I just unsubbed, but it has nothing to do with LFR.

I had fun getting a bunch of toons to 120 and then gearing them for heroic, but IO scores killed M+ for me, azerite killed gearing for me and the general lack of wanting to play by all of my guild mates finally killed the game for me.

My last unsub lasted 10 years, time for round 2.
Game can run on a million subs. Honestly I blame elitist who think trash talking the game will do any good.

1. You are scaring off new players
2. Some people have decided no matter what blizz does it's a bad thing so blizz cant win against this wall of stupid

If you're trying to suggest that LFR was intended to retain subs, you are mistaken.

LFR was created so that Blizzard could keep developing raids. Bean counters felt that since no more than 15% of the total WoW pop raids for real, investing in raid dev was a waste of money.

The devs designed LFR (aka "tourist mode")so that they could report to their overlords that more people are "raiding" (i.e., seeing end game content).

Be glad for LFR. Without it there would be no more raids.

As for the low subs and empty servers? BfA sucks on toast, not due to LFR. Wow has been in steady decline for the last five years and after Blizzcon, we now know why: the best devs at Blizzard have been transferred to the mobile division -- where all the big money is.

Blizzard killed Starcraft
Diablo's next entry will not be for PC -- mobile only
HoTS - failed
HS - ported to mobile
WoW - has been awful for the last five years and is just getting worse. Less original content, fewer abilities, fewer options, less everything, more money.

So what is Blizzard developing for the PC these days?

Nothing.

Troll post but I'll reply anyway:

You do realize that there are more glaring issues with this expansion than some players getting loot, right?

You do realise LFR was a thing when sub numbers were still RISING and continued to RISE for some time.

Because gameplay and class design is trash. A friend of mine decided to reroll another character to see if he could have some fun. Every spec/class he went trough sucked. He went through every spec he could until he found one that sucked a bit less.

Because this azerite system is garbage. LFR if anything helps them retain subs.

Remember MoP? I do. Back then I played all warlock specs, brew/mw monk, rogue and I believe one other. This expansion? I only play my tank and I can barely stand that.