Heritage Armor requirement feedback

General Discussion
11/09/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Kellorion
They just released 6 months ago!!!!@

Actually four of the heritage armors have been out for 11 months.
I really don't understand your argument even.

Youre arguing for a rep grind instead of a character grind. Both will net you nothing in the end.

Let's say they do make it a rep grind. Let's say: Exhalted with Dwarven Historians to get the Dwarven Heritage Armor, you grind the rep (which I guarantee will more than likely take longer than it does to level to a character to 120 because I can get a toon to 120 in a week being slow, most current reps take longer), you get the armor account wide, and never have to level the rep again.

ITS THE EXACT SAME TIME SINK AS LEVELLING A CHARACTER TO 120

Your only other argument was the repetition of levelling a class you've already levelled. Rep grinds will get old to you within a day or two friend. Youre either killing mobs nonstop for a long time, OR youre doing the same dallies again and again and again. its ALL repetition friend

Unless.....you were hoping they'd just say "Ok we'll make it Ironforge rep" which you already probably have at least to revered, or maybe even at exhalted, in which case you wouldn't have had to do ANY work for it.
Well as someone who has all the heritage armors and enough double classes. I can feel where the OP may be coming from.... but i still don't agree with changing it.

I like how it is now and guess what. When next two come out I'll be leveling them straight away excitedly.
11/09/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Kalgromash
11/09/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Makilo
They better never be lifted. Want it? Level that race up

I hope you're a minority on this. I already have every single class over 110 so no im not planning to level just for a mog. A mistake blizz made that fixed with original races.

Same. Would never level for a mog. Only reason I am leveling a Void Elf is I want another Priest and refuse to buy a boost. But I wouldn't level one just for the mog.
11/09/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Xiata

I hope you're a minority on this. I already have every single class over 110 so no im not planning to level just for a mog. A mistake blizz made that fixed with original races.

Same. Would never level for a mog. Only reason I am leveling a Void Elf is I want another Priest and refuse to buy a boost. But I wouldn't level one just for the mog.

If you wouldn't level a character for Heritage armor transmog, what would you like to do for it then?
11/09/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Makilo
They better never be lifted. Want it? Level that race up

They only did it with original races. Because they’ve been out for ages. So, to tie a transmog to leveling those would be stupid. Allied races are still quite new
11/09/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Makilo
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They only did it with original races. Because they’ve been out for ages. So, to tie a transmog to leveling those would be stupid. Allied races are still quite new

Actually, the main problem with making it a leveling perk for those is that it would retroactively punish people who boosted them without knowing this armor would be coming. Not fair to do that without warning. So they made it rep based instead.

I love the “I don’t want to be forced to do old content with a character I don’t use” hypocrisy, though. Because four of the Allied races reps are tied to...old content.
It makes sense to do it this way for allied races and it makes sense for the other races to use a different method.

I have a dwarf at 110 that isn’t exalted with IF (never bought the tabard while leveling up). If I really want that dwarf armor I’ll get a bit more zealous about running dungeons with him and the tabard.

So is the armor. I like the allied race heritage armor system. They reward you for leveling the old way and not for buying a boost or race/faction change.

Plus, it seems to keep these sets rare. People would rather write threads complaining about the grind instead of just doing it.

No. Not only does it affect players who already have every single class at 110 and above but it also promotes going back to old content while at end game. That's not a good business model idea to SELL you the allied race. The allied race feature apart from legion has been quite awful. Insane grind to then finally get em and then you have to level them.... WHILE STARTING AN EXPANSION. It makes absolutely no sense. I for one race changed my already 120 enh shaman ORC BTW into Mag'har. The heritage armor should have been part of the questline like the original races are getting now. It's common sense to do that and hopefully blizz does listen to this feedback.

I had every class 110, I leveled a LF draenei anyway for the heritage armor. I didn't think it was unreasonable since many of my alts are abandoned once they hit max level so I'm not really invested in them, but I do agree that it isn't a great requirement for people that have each class at 110+ already. I wouldn't mind if Blizzard came up with something different to unlock the heritage armor. I still have yet to unlock heritage armor for my horde characters.
I like the heritage armor system, means when I invite my friends to the game I get rewarded for leveling a new toon with them :D
just imagine future allied races in future expansions. 20-130? 140? T.T
They made too much money from character boosts, now they want investor money.
The way I see it: heritage armor is a really cool idea. Me releveling another class I've already played, because I mean the game is old. A lot of people already have one of each class, is kind of annoying. Now obviously you don't need to. That's why I have yet to even level a void elf. Only a lightforged and dark iron. But they also increased the time it takes to level, and power leveling through dungeons is tedious if you get a group who isn't careful on certain dungeons. It's basically a time sink.
The problem is that when you're not playing your main...you're hurting your main.

The game really needs shared rep/achievements amongst the account. In that respect, people would feel that they are actually contributing to their account instead of time sinking something that doesn't matter.

For example, you are at 68 exalted reps on your main, which you've ground some neat arathi basin tabards etc on back in the day...your class has sucked for four + expansions ie not fun to pay (err maybe shaman?) so you decide to open up a dark iron, void elf, or even high mountain tauren...

You level and unlock your new main...what do you have?

Your old main - now a perpetual bank alt - and a new main with 2 exalted reps and a fancy tabard and transmog...<insert sarcastic glee jump here> woop-d-edo.

The masochists on GD will just say well go back level your xxx reps...all the while knowing that the whole game has changed and that it's basically impossible to do...it was tuff back then...and with rep tokens gone, repeatable quests gone etc...it's more non-fun than most would endure.
I have done the Heritage Armor level up shenanigans on 4 toons already, and mid-way through my last 2.
They better NOT be lifted!!
11/09/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Tovi
So is the armor. I like the allied race heritage armor system. They reward you for leveling the old way and not for buying a boost or race/faction change.

Plus, it seems to keep these sets rare. People would rather write threads complaining about the grind instead of just doing it.

Why not have a fresh, fun, challenging grind as a means to unlock new content?

It's already irritating enough that we are required to unlock allied races on a max level character, yet in order to enjoy said races we have to either make a new character or spend $25.

No idea why Blizz can't offer a free race change (with restrictions) when we unlock a race. Oh wait! It's because they're a cashgrab.

11/09/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Fayenara
ITS THE EXACT SAME TIME SINK AS LEVELLING A CHARACTER TO 120

You're missing the point. The majority of players already have characters that they play that they've spent a lot of time on gearing and getting rep/achievements/professions on. Most players want to race-change to allied races. It felt awful leveling another hunter just to unlock this heritage armor for my priest. If I could have done a meaningful grind that was beneficial to this character's progress I would have done it.
I would love other ways to get the armor. Right now I have no desire to level a lightforged instead I wanted to race change but Then I would have to level another toon I dont want for the armor? Makes no sense imo.
11/10/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Terranox
I would love other ways to get the armor. Right now I have no desire to level a lightforged instead I wanted to race change but Then I would have to level another toon I dont want for the armor? Makes no sense imo.
If you can't be bothered leveling another toon, you obviously don't deserve the armor.
It's not something you need.
This game has got to stop pandering to the "gimme now or make it easier" crowd.
11/10/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Terranox

I would love to be able to obtain Heritage armor in a different way. Leveling is trivial, but time consuming. If we had something like "Do X Mythic Dungeons while being a Lightforged", or "Kill X amount of raid bosses" "Do X amount of World Quests", something equivalent to the leveling process while still allowing us to play and benefit on the max level characters we enjoy.

11/10/2018 04:23 AMPosted by Pandal
If you can't be bothered leveling another toon, you obviously don't deserve the armor.
It's not something you need.
This game has got to stop pandering to the "gimme now or make it easier" crowd.

Could you put your claws away? Asking for more ways to obtain the armor is not the same as someone asking for there to be no requirement.
No. I worked for my heritage armor unlock and you can do the same.