Tips on Balance PVP

Druid
Needs tips on Balance PVP, whether it be duals or arenas format. How to secure kills and cc people, what is my burst, etc, any wisdom is appreciated.
I would suggest running Moonkin Aura atleast until it is nerfed in 8.1, giving everyone near you 15% crit when you star surge is very powerful. I am finding new moon as a talent isn't as good as it was when we had it in Legion, shooting stars seems to work better for me.

Make sure you are cycloning healers who are not the focus target and root beaming them when the DR is up for cyclone. It can be handy to sometimes run mass entanglement instead of the stun if you want instant root beam.
I've been doing Stellar Drift on level 90 talents for RBG's. Is this not advisable? Is Twin Moons better? I have two Power of the Moon traits as well. I know it got nerfed in pvp, but still. Maybe I should ditch Stellar?

For the level 90 row, I too have New Moon, which feels nice for single target & messing around in bg's - but maybe I should go Shooting Stars for that tier?

For pvp talents other than Clone & Moonkin Aura what is good for RBGs? I might keep on Ironfeather armor.
Your biggest source of damage is still Moonfire, except maybe on the cart map. As such, take Twin Moons.

New Moon is probably bad. It's terribly undertuned, and takes forever to cast. I go Shooting Stars & Dying Stars for AP gen, and spend most of my time dotting, rooting, cycloning, and keeping a Starsurge in reserve for finishing the kill on focus targets.

I prefer Faerie Swarm over Moonkin aura unless you have several other casters. It still says spell crit, and I'm not sure what that actually applies to these days.
Thanks. I made the swap back to Twin Moons & Shooting Stars. Though single target I'm finding that New Moon is still preferable.
11/10/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Leadbelly
Thanks. I made the swap back to Twin Moons & Shooting Stars. Though single target I'm finding that New Moon is still preferable.

Yea, it's just that getting it off is almost unlikely. Full moon, that is.
11/09/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Kirlonthasha
Your biggest source of damage is still Moonfire, except maybe on the cart map. As such, take Twin Moons.

New Moon is probably bad. It's terribly undertuned, and takes forever to cast. I go Shooting Stars & Dying Stars for AP gen, and spend most of my time dotting, rooting, cycloning, and keeping a Starsurge in reserve for finishing the kill on focus targets.

I prefer Faerie Swarm over Moonkin aura unless you have several other casters. It still says spell crit, and I'm not sure what that actually applies to these days.

Let me know if you find out on moon kin aura. I thought it was general crit.

I find I'm spreading dots cloning and root beaming healers and I build up my Astra power doing that then switch to one of the kill targets and burst them.

So I spend alot of time gaining Ap tossing dots out while focusing on cc until someone is about to be bursted.
I admit my boomie is an alt and only level 116 right now.

That said, i'm having really good luck in random bgs with twin moons and whatever talent is the far left in the last row (can't remember the name). In team fight maps i'm almost always top damage just by tab dotting and throwing starfall on the mass of people.

I find that I can spend more time cycloning and such too.

Again, this is on a sub 120 alt. Take whatever grain of salt is necessary.
11/11/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Nibiru
11/09/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Kirlonthasha

Let me know if you find out on moon kin aura. I thought it was general crit.

I find I'm spreading dots cloning and root beaming healers and I build up my Astra power doing that then switch to one of the kill targets and burst them.

So I spend alot of time gaining Ap tossing dots out while focusing on cc until someone is about to be bursted.

pretty much all mentioned above

keep dots up (you can spam moonfire during movement periods to as it does decent damage even when instant cast), use cyclone and instant root + solarbeam to setup kills and most importantly pool your astral power

make sure you go into incarnation with 100 astral power and if possible some empowerments otherwise just double starsurge and start hardcasting

cyclone is probably the most powerful crowd control ability in the game. make sure to abuse it to peel your healers or setup kills. you can do some fancy plays with cyclone to (cyclone a kill target if you know they are about to get a major cooldown for example) or stop a flag capture in rbgs so you can pick up the flag. possibilities are endless honestly
11/12/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Flaeir
cyclone is probably the most powerful crowd control ability in the game. make sure to abuse it to peel your healers or setup kills. you can do some fancy plays with cyclone to (cyclone a kill target if you know they are about to get a major cooldown for example) or stop a flag capture in rbgs so you can pick up the flag. possibilities are endless honestly

Yes. And wasn't it so that if you were in SSM you don't count as being in the circle when you were cycloned? That's huge.