Zandalari vs .. Kul Tirans..

General Discussion
I'm a long time Alliance player here. I'm giving my opinion on the aesthetics of the upcoming allied races that we will eventually be getting, the Zandalari and Kul Tiran.

I have to say however that I find these two races are aesthetically unequal. I find the idea of a Zandalari druid to be absolutely awesome. The Zandalari are a lean and proud race and the only upright trolls in the game right now.

Meanwhile the Kul Tirans are basically the Homer Simpson version of the normal Stormwind humans that have been playable since Vanilla. I find nothing appealing about playing a Kul Tiran. We won't have the thin model available and I do not want to play a race that looks like it has been sitting on the couch and not adventuring. I take great pride in my exercise and diet in real life and am not of the body proportion of the Kul Tiran male. I take great pride in my healthy BMI and average body weight. I wish the Zandalari could be Alliance so badly!

I just want to say in closing that I have given my blunt honest opinions. I'm on the autism spectrum and do not engage in subtlety. I am not trolling with my opinions. If I offended anyone it is not my intent.
Considering how their current models look, we're seeing another problem of same face. Granted Zandalari Trolls look like they're suffering the same.

Female Kul Tirans all look the same, even with different faces, they all have the same, lifeless look forward. All have the same facial build, and kul tiran men all have the same Disney bad guy look.

Really, there's a lot of detail needed in these two allied races.
Lets hope they reassess the kultiran moonkin form. They had the chance to put one of those tree kin instead of a fat wicker chicken.
But then again, they are alliance so as always the developers put haft the effort.
Zandalari look great, plus the whole Aztec Dino aesthetics are amazing. The Druid forms are the icing on the cake. By contrast Kultians are a meh, especially with no skinny option. Let’s see (if I resub) after a year if anyone is still playing a fat kultiran female.
11/11/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Kalorea
I take great pride in my exercise and diet in real life and am not of the body proportion of the Kul Tiran male.

This is your problem. Your real life means absolutely nothing here. And it shouldn't. Your real life should have zero effect on anything and everything pertaining to lore or choice in a video game about slaying monsters, dragons, and squid people.

I hate to tell ya, but get over it.
I enjoyed watching Jurassic Park. Therefore, I will role Zandalar druid. I mean who would hate dinosaurs? Right?
I don’t get the hate for Kul Tirans. They look badass. If I wasn’t permanently hard for Orcs and Trolls, I’d main one.
I wanna be fat pally
I mean, I don't care if they are fat. But armor is not designed for fat characters (look at pandaren), textures stretch a lot and look of way lower quality. (same thing happens for female breasts), and as of course they will not update every single piece of armor.

So I can say... bellies were not necessary.
I loooooove Kul'Tiran Male models.

Will be rolling one before a Zandalari.
What will be the requirements for unlocking Zandarali trolls?

-completed 7/7 zandalar questline
And
- exaled w/ Zandy empire
??

Also, like normal green orcs, will normal dark spear trolls also gain the option to stand upright in the posture option of barbershops?

Thanks! And sorry for topic hijack just wondering about those 2 things
11/11/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Pintia
Lets hope they reassess the kultiran moonkin form. They had the chance to put one of those tree kin instead of a fat wicker chicken.
But then again, they are alliance so as always the developers put haft the effort.
Zandalari look great, plus the whole Aztec Dino aesthetics are amazing. The Druid forms are the icing on the cake. By contrast Kultians are a meh, especially with no skinny option. Let’s see (if I resub) after a year if anyone is still playing a fat kultiran female.

I did notice Kul Tiran moonkin form was missing from the slide at Blizzcon so maybe they're reworking it. The rest of the forms are ok but I do think the Zandalari forms are a bit more creative.
11/11/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Revannia

I did notice Kul Tiran moonkin form was missing from the slide at Blizzcon so maybe they're reworking it. The rest of the forms are ok but I do think the Zandalari forms are a bit more creative.

It wasn't missing, it came flying using flap afterwards as a joke that they still look like a giant fat laser chicken but this time with sticks around their shoulders.
You got what you deserved.

/hides away so OP can't see my big fat real life stomach and ugliness
11/11/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Specular
What will be the requirements for unlocking Zandarali trolls?

-completed 7/7 zandalar questline
And
- exaled w/ Zandy empire

Exalted with Empire and 8.1 war campaign I believe, then wait 'til 8.1.5

Anyway OP I'd say this is a personal problem. They're the same height as Draenei, muscular as hell, with big guts, which while isn't a very popular archetype, is still unique for WoW, and is at least somewhat well liked in characters like the Mountain from GoT and Roadhog. I don't want to play a goat but that's not a flaw in the Draenei's design

yeah I actually love the KT moonkin but compared to ZD's form which is entirely unique (for druids) it pales
11/11/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Revannia

I saw that too. Fingers crossed :-)
I also would like to see the option for a skinny, regular, or fat model
I'm always for more options, but this topic really reads like "I don't like something therefore it sucks".
I would hardly call them fat in the traditional sense. They seem more like Andre the Giant style of built instead of the kind of people who build just for showing off muscles that aren't as functional by comparison.
11/11/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Sogranar
I would hardly call them fat in the traditional sense. They seem more like Andre the Giant style of built instead of the kind of people who build just for showing off muscles that aren't as functional by comparison.

Give me a break. They have a huge beer belly. They are most certainly obese according to the BMI.