Zandalari vs .. Kul Tirans..

General Discussion
I guess the good thing is you don't need to play as every race. I'm looking forward to playing fat humans and I think space goats and gnomes are unappealing to play as. So what?
I'll be race changing this druid to a KT male but only because the wicker guardian and feral forms look badass. I was extremely disappointed with the moonkin form. Zandalari get a unique arakkoa skin for theirs while KT just gets a reskin of the standard chicken but with a new hat. Actually, it looks more like someone's drunk uncle discovered druidism by mistake and that was the result.
11/11/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Kalorea
11/11/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Sogranar
I would hardly call them fat in the traditional sense. They seem more like Andre the Giant style of built instead of the kind of people who build just for showing off muscles that aren't as functional by comparison.

Give me a break. They have a huge beer belly. They are most certainly obese according to the BMI.

The more you type, the more you continuously make this read like it's a basic fat shaming thread rather than addressing a form of critique about the game. The person you quoted is correct, and as I stated in my other post, this is a video game about monsters, dragons, squid people, and us slaying them to try and save our world, while also slaying one another.

Your BMI, real life standards, fact about your own life and weight - all of that means absolutely nothing here and should have absolutely no effect on what happens within a fantasy universe.
2018, the year where Blizzard actually decided to release "fat people" as a new playable race.

Every day we stray further away from enlightenment...

11/11/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Kalorea
I wish the Zandalari could be Alliance so badly!

You disgust me.
You do realize BMI is not completely accurate right? It doesn't take into account genetics, bone density, etc.
You shouldn't be basing your life around something that's more based in correlation instead of based in causation.
We won't have the thin model available and I do not want to play a race that looks like it has been sitting on the couch and not adventuring. I take great pride in my exercise and diet in real life and am not of the body proportion of the Kul Tiran male. I take great pride in my healthy BMI and average body weight. I wish the Zandalari could be Alliance so badly!

And if people wanted to be a fat character, there's always the pandas. =\
11/11/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Kalorea
11/11/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Sogranar
I would hardly call them fat in the traditional sense. They seem more like Andre the Giant style of built instead of the kind of people who build just for showing off muscles that aren't as functional by comparison.

Give me a break. They have a huge beer belly. They are most certainly obese according to the BMI.

I mean if you use bmi at all you clearly aren’t into exercise outside of running, it’s like trying to use item ilvl to quantify someone’s skill, it’s basically useless.

Also Kul Tirans are built like strongmen from the 19th century, which imo look awesome for a video game.
11/11/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Averyx
2018, the year where Blizzard actually decided to release "fat people" as a new playable race.

Hi!
You can get distracted about BMI all you want, doesn't change the fact that Kul'tirans look fat, therefore they are fat for the purposes of a playable fantasy. Specially the females and their overly bloated faces.

11/11/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Noon
Hi!

You are not "fat people" you are panda people, sure, you're fat but you fulfill other fantasy.
11/11/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Esilda
You got what you deserved.

If disappointment is what we deserve...
11/11/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Zyliros
We won't have the thin model available and I do not want to play a race that looks like it has been sitting on the couch and not adventuring. I take great pride in my exercise and diet in real life and am not of the body proportion of the Kul Tiran male. I take great pride in my healthy BMI and average body weight. I wish the Zandalari could be Alliance so badly!

And if people wanted to be a fat character, there's always the pandas. =\

Pandas can't punch someone in the face as a racial.

Honestly what's the big deal here? I think the Nightbourne allied race and worgen(thank god they getting new ones) models are awful and guess what? I don't play them, no one is forcing you to play a kul'tiran. Now go do 200 push ups to get yourself rid of this negativity.
11/11/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Noon
11/11/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Averyx

Hi!

pandas dont even really count as fat because they're pandas... imagine a skinny panda. disgusting!
[quote="207682412227"][quote="207684014475"]

Your BMI, real life standards, fact about your own life and weight - all of that means absolutely nothing here and should have absolutely no effect on what happens within a fantasy universe.

People still have personal preferences though. I prefer the Zandalari aesthetically to the Kul Tirans and think the latter got the short end of the stick.
11/11/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Sogranar
You do realize BMI is not completely accurate right? It doesn't take into account genetics, bone density, etc.
You shouldn't be basing your life around something that's more based in correlation instead of based in causation.

Of course it's not completely accurate. We don't have personalized medicine so BMI is going to be the most useful general guide to measuring a healthy weight for the majority of the population.
I actually think that the wicker looking druid forms are better than the dinos just because as a horde player I see all of those dinos every day in world quests.
So when was it required that a character race in a video game be reflective of us IRL?

I play void elves and dwarves alot...im not 4ft tall nor purple nor have pointed ears.

Btw the kul tiran druid forms are friggin amazeballs!

That is all.
11/11/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Mythreus
So when was it required that a character race in video game be reflective of us IRL?

I play void elves and dwarves alot...im not 4ft tall nor purple nor have pointed ears.

Btw the kul tiran druid forms are friggin amazeballs!

That is all.

It's not but people have personal preferences and I don't prefer Kul Tirans because I find them aesthetically unpleasing.

Just like I find gnomes, female dwarves and female orcs aesthetically unpleasing as well. Lots of people choose aesthetics over gameplay reasons when choosing a race and theres nothing wrong with this.
11/11/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Esos
I actually think that the wicker looking druid forms are better than the dinos just because as a horde player I see all of those dinos every day in world quests.

Spooky forms are 100% better than dinosaurs.

Except that stupid moonkin form that's the worst design in the entirety of BFA and pretty much ruined KT druids forever.

11/11/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Biamart
Honestly what's the big deal here? I think the Nightbourne allied race and worgen(thank god they getting new ones) models are awful and guess what? I don't play them, no one is forcing you to play a kul'tiran. Now go do 200 push ups to get yourself rid of this negativity.

People want AR they want to play, not AR they don't like. I don't see how this is hard to understand. Kul'tirans are coming in february which means they are the only Alliance AR for a LONG time, so yeah it's underwhelming.
[quote="207683813655"]What will be the requirements for unlocking Zandarali trolls?

-completed 7/7 zandalar questline
And
- exaled w/ Zandy empire
??

Also, like normal green orcs, will normal dark spear trolls also gain the option to stand upright in the posture option of barbershops?

Thanks! And sorry for topic hijack just wondering about those 2 things[/quot]

Zandarali trolls two reps and a new quest line. one rep is Zandy empire. The next one new people are complaining the quest line you have to do gives no rep toward new rep. Plus saying it takes a while to do. All told not looking good.
11/11/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Esos

Spooky forms are 100% better than dinosaurs.

Except that stupid moonkin form that's the worst design in the entirety of BFA and pretty much ruined KT druids forever.

Moonkin form looks silly, bizzare and out of place imo. I use the glyph that puts my character in his normal night elf form on my druid.