New Affix Reaping

General Discussion
From mmo-champion:

Mythic + Affixes

The season two affix Reaping will do the following:

Cause all trash mobs killed every 20% of the progress bar (5 times total) to raise and rush your team no matter where you are on the map.

They want it to feel scary and creepy. Bwonsamdi will appear and say "rise" and a blood moon will appear in the sky whenever it happens. The dungeon will also get darker.

If you lose the timer something interesting also happens, but they don't want to spoil it!

You should be able to plan around this affix because it happens at set times.

Unrelated Necrotic change:

Necrotic will be changed to physical instead of magical to better play to the weaknesses of tanks that heal a lot.
11/12/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Argorwal
Bwonsamdi will appear and say "rise" and a blood moon will appear in the sky whenever it happens. The dungeon will also get darker.

Bwonsamdi is a princess confirmed?
That...sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

20% of enemy forces is most of the collective trash between bosses. If they resurrect on a +10 as anything more than non-elite skeletons/souls that's basically just instant wipe. Even then, their pathing is going to cause just about everything else to asspull.
Sounds like cancer =/
11/12/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Sevaryn

20% of enemy forces is most of the collective trash between bosses. If they resurrect on a +10 as anything more than non-elite skeletons/souls that's basically just instant wipe. Even then, their pathing is going to cause just about everything else to asspull.

One would expect they will be their own type of mob, or perhaps not even be something you have to fight just dodge, especially since you could tick over 20% mid pull.
Can we just go revive G'huun? This sounds horrible.
Necrotic will be changed to physical instead of magical to better play to the weaknesses of tanks that heal a lot.

if this gets changed, I'm done tanking on paladin.
soooo yea. about this affix.

11/12/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Sevaryn

^^

this sounds absolutely terrible. Hopefully the trash has only a small percentage of it's health, or only a few mobs actually attack. if you're suddenly swarmed by a giant pack of mobs with their full HP and abilities every 20% of the progress bar....

I guess there's no reason to bring classes without AOE stuns?
my groups can barely deal with 2 trash packs at once, not to mention ninja pull wipes.
the trash in bfa was specifically designed so you cant mass pull, some buff the whole group, aoe heal, aoe stun... this WONT WORK!!!
Cause all trash mobs killed every 20% of the progress bar (5 times total) to raise and rush your team no matter where you are on the map.

Seems like a really good way for your group to wipe every 20% of the progress bar (5 times total).
11/12/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Gaahr

Seems like a really good way for your group to wipe every 20% of the progress bar (5 times total).

Assuming they despawn after and just don't go back to the original spawns, i dont look forward to clearing trash twice

Hoping its just "spirit of whatever" and not the full blown mob. . its a neat idea but needs to be more clear on what it does.
Reaping really sounds like an actual grim reaper should randomly spawn and try to pull you down to hell.
All these concerns have been brought up in five minutes so I'd hope they thought this thru. Tbh sounds very interesting and I like that they're shaking things up.
Hoping they will just be ghostly versions that just run up to punch you. Otherwise it would just be an instant wipe.
Sounds like that’s a no mythic week if that’s up
11/12/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Beefsmàsh
Sounds like that’s a no mythic week if that’s up

This will be the constant +10 affix like infested is now.

I'd imagine it'll be form of weaker/ghost mobs, or perhaps just things to dodge. We'll have to see when we get more information or it becomes available for testing.
Hopefully the addon devs will add Rastakhan yelling "BWONSAAAMDIIII!" each time it triggers.
I assume they will just be there own mob as people have suggested. They certainly can't make them a revived version of the actual mob as you would essentially be pulling ~5+ packs each time it procced.

I can imagine if they are deadly mobs that it will affect what people kill. Seems to promote killing larger mobs that grant higher % to reduce the number of spawns each 20%.

Imagine killing the droplets in SoS for their 0.2% each. You easily kill 30 before the first boss which is before you hit 20% afaik.
Incoming 30 Reaping spawns plus the rest of what you have killed...
This sounds like a terrible idea.

Easily one of the worst ideas ever conceived in all of WoW. You've really raised the bar on your incompetence Blizz.

Bravo.
11/12/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Argorwal
This will be the constant +10 affix like infested is now.
Sounds like we just do +9's then.

Seriously, there's very, very few ways this affix could avoid being cancer.