Quit Complaining.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
11/14/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Alaskansolo
11/13/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Igotsoul
If you trust the devs to implement sharding just at the start you are naive.

if I don't trust them I don't play their game. I know promise is a thing but how many time you can not do as you promise.

Well blizzard has a track record of promising 1 thing and then going back on that promise. So forgive me, if I don't trust them to keep a promise.
11/14/2018 12:30 AMPosted by Velossena
11/14/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Alaskansolo
if I don't trust them I don't play their game. I know promise is a thing but how many time you can not do as you promise.

Well blizzard has a track record of promising 1 thing and then going back on that promise. So forgive me, if I don't trust them to keep a promise.

Where else are you worried they're going to use sharding?
11/14/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Dazelle
11/13/2018 11:59 PMPosted by Velossena
Great choices. 2 crowded zones or 2 slightly less crowded zones that are going to take 20+ minutes to get to from Teldrassil.

4 zones which will spread out only a portion of all starting players (the other players will have logged off, still be in the starting zones or already be ahead)

Those are infinitely better choices than you will have in the starting zones with significantly fewer people to complete with.

You know what else will spread out the player base. Not sharding in the starting zones and forcing people to interact with each other. Yes it will be slow and chaotic at 1st. But You will get through it, you will move on, and it won't be a worry because the player base will spread out naturally without it.
11/14/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Dazelle

I mean seriously ... have I not laid out this case already? And you've said several times they should use sharding for the AQ event. And if you think you're not going to run into hundreds of players at a time in IF and Org, you're kidding yourself.
11/14/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Rhystael
1. Sharding/phasing was never a thing in classic. The launch surge was an epic fight for quest mobs and loot that forced player interaction aka partying up or making enemies.

2. Loot trading was never a thing in classic. Ninja looting was a real thing and that united the community anf made it feel alive. It was a crime you could commit in the game with real consequences.

We ordered vanilla. Not vanilla with sprinkles and streamlined hand holding baby coddling balogney.

Who is this we you speak of? I don’t care if they have sharding in the starting zones. I don’t care if there is loot sharing. If a mage needs on my cruel barb for his friend in the group I’ll black list them both. Simple.

You guys just hate Blizzard for some reason. Sure they destroyed retail but they are also giving us classic back. Stick to your private server where you can play for free with your no changes buddies. Let’s face it, you’ll never be happy with anything Blizz does.
11/14/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Thordar
11/14/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Rhystael
1. Sharding/phasing was never a thing in classic. The launch surge was an epic fight for quest mobs and loot that forced player interaction aka partying up or making enemies.

2. Loot trading was never a thing in classic. Ninja looting was a real thing and that united the community anf made it feel alive. It was a crime you could commit in the game with real consequences.

We ordered vanilla. Not vanilla with sprinkles and streamlined hand holding baby coddling balogney.

Who is this we you speak of? I don’t care if they have sharding in the starting zones. I don’t care if there is loot sharing. If a mage needs on my cruel barb for his friend in the group I’ll black list them both. Simple.

You guys just hate Blizzard for some reason. Sure they destroyed retail but they are also giving us classic back. Stick to your private server where you can play for free with your no changes buddies. Let’s face it, you’ll never be happy with anything Blizz does.

I've never played on a private server, but thanks for making an assumption. Also we don't hate blizzard, we just don't trust Blizzard to not !@#$ this up. They have a track record of making promises only to turn around break those promises.

And that is untrue, if Blizzard keeps sharding and loot trading out, I'll be very happy.

Also you actively admit they destroyed modern wow, but we're supposed to just shut and let them put some of the convenience of modern wow into classic even "temporarily"?
11/13/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Plewtoe

Lets assume why don't we. You have no valid point.

The problem is Blizzard has a reputation for making controversial decisions in the development process that their customers raise concerns about. Sometimes they even say "Relax, it's still in development, things will change" only to find out on launch they lied. It's much less of an assumption when they make a habit of doing it.
11/14/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Velossena
You know what else will spread out the player base. Not sharding in the starting zones and forcing people to interact with each other. Yes it will be slow and chaotic at 1st. But You will get through it, you will move on, and it won't be a worry because the player base will spread out naturally without it.

The starting zones are infinitely more crowded, frustrating and difficult to deal with. The post starting zones will still be crowded but nowhere near the starting zones. It makes sense to start with sharding.

11/14/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Velossena
I mean seriously ... have I not laid out this case already? And you've said several times they should use sharding for the AQ event. And if you think you're not going to run into hundreds of players at a time in IF and Org, you're kidding yourself.

Yes I outlined the 2 single cases of sharding Classic will ever need. 100's of people in IF and ORG is nothing, nothing to compete for and absolutely no reason to shard there.
Quit Complaining

Irony...
11/13/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Plewtoe

400 people won't instantaneously log onto the game at the same time. Even if a full server all clicks log in at the same time, there is going to be difference in speed of how quickly they chose their class and customize their characters. So you will get 400 people trickling in 1 starting zone over the course 10-15 minutes.

I bet 750 thousand at least log in at the same time haha. Probably millions. How did you even get those brainless numbers hahahaha, You kill me. I needed a good laugh.
In this thread, this guy is a moron.

You think Blizzard is only making 1 server for classic, and every player is going to start in the same starting zone?

Why should we have to have a discussion, when you are that clueless?

Aq event
Cities
World bosses
Faction leader raids
11/14/2018 01:02 AMPosted by Dazelle
11/14/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Velossena

The starting zones are infinitely more crowded, frustrating and difficult to deal with. The post starting zones will still be crowded but nowhere near the starting zones. It makes sense to start with sharding.

11/14/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Velossena

Yes I outlined the 2 single cases of sharding Classic will ever need. 100's of people in IF and ORG is nothing, nothing to compete for and absolutely no reason to shard there.
But see you're already expanding it for them. Originally it was at launch. Now we've added aq event to it. Promise already broken and proving we can't trust blizzard
Blizzard made it sound like they are going to use sharding in areas other then starting zone.

2 weeks is too long, 2 weeks on a pvp server can mean I could level 1-60 without meeting anyone of the opposite faction a pvp realm.

Its not authentic to play on a pvp server with sharding or cross realm etc, if you played in legion on a nearly balanced server you could see the damaged it done when it sharded you with the realms that had the most imbalance on one side.

And it sucks when people shard hop or cross realm hop in pvp like they were doing in legion, they attack you they get heir !@# kick flip switch oh no its even present in bfa warmode.
Bfa warmode sharding was handle so poorly that 1 faction stopped even using it.

Sharding 1 zone will just push too many people into the other zone, they need people to be more spread out before doing sharding fiasco for it to work how they intended.

I can see them sharding black rock mountains, aq event, nax event, tarren mill vs southshore pvp, major cities, level 4-11 areas such as the zone after the starting zone, scarlet monestry, world bosses.

Classic launch will only happen once and because of that sharding will ruin the new server launch experience.
I'm pretty sure they won't meet both sides half way, they won't even attempt to make servers without and with. Doing sharding on a pvp server defeats the purpose of playing on pvp server and roleplay servers will have 4 different list of rules that people decided upon.
11/13/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Plewtoe
You wont enjoy anything in a server queue or crashed servers.
I am so sick and tired of hearing this nonsense. People need to stop excusing Activision for not doing things as well as private servers have. Never mind better.

I can't even begin to understand how people can lap up such garbage.
11/13/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Plewtoe
It's about how many are standing in the same spot.
And clearly 100 is too much for their poor little microservers. That's a proven fact.

Their server structure can't handle the game. That's the problem right there.
11/13/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Plewtoe
They said at blizzcon it's the initial log in that's going to hurt them when millions are creating characters and spawning all in the same spot.
They never said that. Why tf would millions of people be spawning on the same spot?

Clearly you're under the impression there's going to be one mega server just like there is on live. And that is totally unacceptable.

In any high server load sitiuation.

Bet it world pvp such as tm vs ss or city invasions to the aq event.
11/14/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Lhyme
11/13/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Plewtoe
You wont enjoy anything in a server queue or crashed servers.
I am so sick and tired of hearing this nonsense. People need to stop excusing Activision for not doing things as well as private servers have. Never mind better.

I can't even begin to understand how people can lap up such garbage.

People also need to realize the log in server and the game server are not the same.
Even with sharding there is still going to be que's
11/13/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Plewtoe
Why do people make such a big deal over sharding the STARTING zones for 2 weeks? You did get that right?. It doesn't seem like anyone understands anything, Also for the people saying that they don't care if there is server queues, They want no shards. How about you guys not play until the sharding is gone?

This is why sharding is needed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-v2GRYLKys

Yes, the first two weeks. And then what you see in the Asmongold video will never happen again. It's a one time experience. You get one chance to stare in awe at the massive mob of level 1s. That's it. One chance.

Sharding completely removes that experience. You see that experience as a terrible thing because you don't want to sit there waiting to kill boars. Or maybe it's because you don't want to get disconnected or whatever. You reject the vanilla experience in favor of convenience.

I get it. Getting disconnected sucks. Sitting there for an hour just to complete your first quest sucks. But it only sucks if your goal is to rush through it. Classic is going to be here to stay. If you don't get out of the starting zone on release day then you'll have another opportunity the next day, and the next, and the next, and the next.

They should leave out sharding altogether. The chaos was always part of the launch day experience. Getting disconnected isn't ideal and I agree should not be part of the experience if at all possible. Massive mobs of level 1s, however, should be part of the experience.
11/13/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Plewtoe

Lets assume why don't we. You have no valid point.

Yeah, not like cross realm was just meant to help long BG queue times only to get plastered everywhere as a solution to anything low pop or something.

City boss raids, world pvp in TM/SS or Crossroads, and it for darn sure would rear its ugly mug at the AQ gates opening...