Quit Complaining.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Quit complaining

Classic foruns

Pick one!

Yes but spreading the masses out is what blizzard is trying to do with sharding because everyone will start in the same points on the map. Also I'm sure 1-10 isn't going to hurt your experience. I believe blizzard and I know blizzard understands what the classic community wants.. They also know how we feel on this. 2 weeks is noting. Not even considered change. To assume is something a liberal would do.

Seems there are 2 camps here:

"I don't like it but I'll pay and play"
"I don't like it and I won't play"

If enough of the first camp shows up on launch day there's no reason it can't be used later because most of the first camp don't want to fight crowds for anything.
The "I wont play if its not vanilla" crowd already left the building brock, no changes is dead.
11/13/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Härländ
@ OP, because sharding is cancer. It's so bad that it's on the same level of terrible that WoD, Legion, and BFA class designs are.

Sharding is nothing like cancer. As someone who has lost many friends and family to cancer I can assure you that they are different. I don’t want sharding either. I also don’t want to sit in a queue for an hour. Im going to be playing no matter the case.
11/13/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Plewtoe
11/13/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Igotsoul
If you trust the devs to implement sharding just at the start you are naive.

Lets assume why don't we. You have no valid point.

Actually, we do.

When Blizzard implemented sharding, it was patch 7.0.3. They stealth added it into the patch, without referring to it in the patch note.
And then said it would be "temporary", only on certains zones etc. etc. And it is always here, and on all zones of the game.
11/14/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Zenshigen
The "I wont play if its not vanilla" crowd already left the building brock, no changes is dead.

I'm waiting 2-3 weeks to see if sharding really is turned off.
Quite a few others as well ...there's a thread on this.
@ OP, because sharding is cancer. It's so bad that it's on the same level of terrible that WoD, Legion, and BFA class designs are.

Sharding is nothing like cancer. As someone who has lost many friends and family to cancer I can assure you that they are different. I don’t want sharding either. I also don’t want to sit in a queue for an hour. Im going to be playing no matter the case.

Why do people think sharding has anything to do with the login servers.
queues back in 2004 were because each realm had their own server with a small server cap.

That is not the case in 2018.

Or maybe I'm missing something. Please tell me how sharding on a realm affects the login server ?
Because they love to fear-monger, and they don't have much else to argue about.
My opinion is that if they implement sharding the way they plan, they will only slightly offset the issue they see occurring. Instead of the masses hitting the starting zone all at once, we will see a flood of players hitting the barrens, westfall, ect all at once. There is no way around the issue, as I assuming they will increase the servers caps to probable around 5k up from the original 3k. Without any sort of initial fee there is no way to predict how many people will be playing at launch, so we dont know how many servers are going to be needed or how many players are going to stick around past the first couple of weeks regardless of if sharding is used at the beginning or not.
Blizzard wants sharding because they no longer appreciate the original design of the game. The open world was never supposed to be instanced in any way otherwise Blizzard would have just made WoW a lobby game right at the start in vanilla without the open world content at all. Modern WoW has been a lobby game for quite some time now.

The answer is to inform players of how the experience will be. Blizzard should make it very clear to all players what happens at launch with the crowds in the starter zones. That way the tourists can choose if they want to wait until the hype dies down to get started. Personally I was really looking forward to the launch chaos and hope they keep it an authentic vanilla WoW experience.
Is that on a private server?
11/14/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Matcauthon
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Where else are you worried they're going to use sharding?

Aq event
Cities
World bosses
Faction leader raids

If they pull that, we got a big big big problem...that's off the table and god have mercy on their souls if they do that, cause the backlash will be harsh.
Yes, the first two weeks. And then what you see in the Asmongold video will never happen again. It's a one time experience. You get one chance to stare in awe at the massive mob of level 1s. That's it. One chance.

Yeah but what if you're stuck in Q and don't get to see it? You get one chance right? What if you keep getting disconnected the first few days? You're going to miss that experience...in fact you might end up having a bad experience because you're missing out on these things you see on Twitch and YouTube by your favorite streamers or others, while you sit in Q or keep getting disconnected. I mean its great for the people that are logged in, not so much for everyone else.

You're a good poster BTW and I enjoy your posts for the most part.
Overpopulation at the beginning is part of the vanilla experience. If it gets way too bad they could just greatly increase the spawn rate of everything in high traffic zones, like they have done in the past and continue to do so now.
11/14/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Kickrøckz
Yes, the first two weeks. And then what you see in the Asmongold video will never happen again. It's a one time experience. You get one chance to stare in awe at the massive mob of level 1s. That's it. One chance.

Yeah but what if you're stuck in Q and don't get to see it? You get one chance right? What if you keep getting disconnected the first few days? You're going to miss that experience...in fact you might end up having a bad experience because you're missing out on these things you see on Twitch and YouTube by your favorite streamers or others, while you sit in Q or keep getting disconnected. I mean its great for the people that are logged in, not so much for everyone else.

You're a good poster BTW and I enjoy your posts for the most part.

The login queue has nothing to do with sharding.
11/14/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Natiari
Because they love to fear-monger, and they don't have much else to argue about.

We get it, you don't want Vanilla, go play retail if you want sharding and loot trading.
11/14/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Abreya

Get off your soap box, there is almost no one on the planet who has not lost some one to cancer.

Cancer however is an apt description for a system that works against it self........ You know, much like cancer.
11/13/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Plewtoe
Why do people make such a big deal over sharding the STARTING zones for 2 weeks?

Might have already been said, but:

If no one complained or made a big deal, the Blizzard reaction could easily be "oh, they don't seem to mind it as much as we feared so we'll keep it in". Whether or not change occurs due to the number of people complaining about or criticizing sharding as a solution, it is on record as being something people do not want beyond that very limited field.

ALSO, discussing why Blizzard feels sharding is even needed can highlight future situations that the devs may not have thought forward to. They're not omnipotent, and keep saying they want feedback. Hence a few of the cases in the list I've posted elsewhere:

TM/SS and other wPvP battles, including capital city raids
Blackrock Mountain when multiple guilds show up for MC/BWL
AQ event gate opening

If Blizzard's server tech is too challenged to deal with more than 120 or 240 people in a small area, some of those on a high population realm are going to see sharding UNLESS Blizzard starts thinking ahead and figuring out other solutions.