Tyrande: Leader of the Alliance

Story Forum
So I'm thinking Tyrande will become the burning vengeance force behind what being part of the Alliance stands for, for the denizens of Azeroth.

We have a very young, inexperianced king who was reluctant to take power, blinded by his desire for world peace and doesn't take the actions needed to retaliate against the Alliance's long-time nemesis, the Horde.

Will future patches be a launch pad for Tyrande to become the burning blade the Alliance needs to win the war?
The night elves don't represent the Alliance well, they were originally designed as a foil to the Alliance. Having Tyrande becoming High Queen of the Alliance would almost be as stupid as making Sylvanas, leader of the forsaken, the Warchief of the Horde.
That would be something... Personally, I would rather the Night Elves not be part of the Alliance or the Horde, and stand on their own as a powerful, fearsome force.
11/14/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Donutdreams

Will future patches be a launch pad for Tyrande to become the burning blade the Alliance needs to win the war?

You mean actually planning something out for the Alliance that doesn't equivocate to "HUMANS HUMANS HUMANS" or "RESPOND TO WHATEVER THE HORDE IS DOING"?

Yeahno, fat chance.
while i have other options that i would like more personally (other 2 humans)

tyrande don't represent the values of the alliance, but i have to agree that it would be an interesting twist to have a vengeful and unmerciful alliance.

Sadly, she would actually take action and murder all the horde and that kinda can't happen, because you know, being a playable faction.
so of course that they need anduin, the biggest ally of the horde to maintain status quo.
Tyrande doesn’t want to be a Queen; not after Azshara. She even took Nathanos addressing her by that title as an insult.

Personally, I’d rather the Kaldorei be their own thing.

Tyrande is ill suited to the position anyway as she lacks the familiarity Humans have with Dwarves and Gnomes and Were-humans. Having her somehow become Queen would certainly be entertaining as she has to awkwardly learn more about the customs, needs, and wants of the various human lite races of the Alliance.
So apparently I'm not the only one who has thought of this. I think Anduin can be a great king but as leader of the entire Alliance, he is a tad inexperienced, even though he is far more diplomatic than Varian was. Maybe we do need a fresh perspective on the Alliance side, and I was thinking about Tyrande as well.

I'm not sure how well suited she would be in the postion because she is now out in the forefront of everything. She loves and would do anything for her people but leadership and power is never something she wanted. Although they says those are the best kind of people to inherit power. I also don't see the position going to get head because even as leader of the Night Elves but not queen she constantly reminds herself that she is not Azshara. She even snapped at Broll Bearmantle when he called her "great lady". I see others saying that she would be high queen of the Alliance, but if she was to take on leadership she wouldn't be queen, at least I don't think. Even if she would technically be high queen she would refuse that title.

11/14/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Rhuna

Tyrande is ill suited to the position anyway as she lacks the familiarity Humans have with Dwarves and Gnomes and Were-humans. Having her somehow become Queen would certainly be entertaining as she has to awkwardly learn more about the customs, needs, and wants of the various human lite races of the Alliance.

I disagree with that. If it wasn't for Tyrande and Malfurion the worgen wouldn't even be in the alliance. They hosted a summit in Darnassus for he other leaders and took time to figure out the intricacies of getting everyone together, including keeping the representatives from the council of 3 hammers from fighting. They also made sure each had access to the food their race preferred during their stay.
11/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Akiyass
I would rather the Night Elves not be part of the Alliance or the Horde
as long as the night elves remain a playable race, then they will be tied to one of the two playable factions
It's not going to happen but I'd love it. I actually enjoy the Night Elves being an integral part to the Alliance. I wish we got some sort of scenario where we saw the exact moment when it happened, and what lead to it (most likely the orcs continuing to raid Ashenvale). It would be perfect for this expansion.
11/14/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Withpuppys
11/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Akiyass
I would rather the Night Elves not be part of the Alliance or the Horde
as long as the night elves remain a playable race, then they will be tied to one of the two playable factions

Dont bring up facts here, like how the alliance helped the nelves, or how specially the worgen are helping them.
11/14/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Lupar
The night elves don't represent the Alliance well, they were originally designed as a foil to the Alliance. Having Tyrande becoming High Queen of the Alliance would almost be as stupid as making Sylvanas, leader of the forsaken, the Warchief of the Horde.

So you're saying there's a chance?! /s

I won't lie, I'd love to watch the forums melt down as all the human paladins cancel their subs now that Stormwind wouldn't be in the spotlight all the time.

11/14/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Rhuna
Tyrande doesn’t want to be a Queen; not after Azshara. She even took Nathanos addressing her by that title as an insult.

High King isn't a real monarchy. Only the ignorant or idiots think it is.
That's a funny way to spell Muradin
11/14/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Anyaceltica

I'll believe that when i see it.
11/14/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Reallyhappy
11/14/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Anyaceltica

go read wolfheart then when Tyrande and mal, appoint varian to it.
11/14/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Katiera

Is that when the high king stuff happened? I must have missed that part. It makes sense though.
11/14/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Kaileena

Is that when the high king stuff happened? I must have missed that part. It makes sense though.

They scrapped the "Trials of the High King" and folded it there IIrc
blinded by his desire for world peace and doesn't take the actions needed to retaliate against the Alliance's long-time nemesis, the Horde.
Bruh, that’s literally what he IS doing tho, taking action and retaliating against your long time nemesis. He personally led the assault on Undercity and is ordering the strike on Dazar’alor, this is actually the most assertive he’s ever been.
Anduin's done everything short of conscripting civilians. His reasoning for not trying to overreach by taking back Darkshore immediately was sound.
11/14/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Reallyhappy

And now the title is hereditary because the writers forgot there were other races in the Alliance
11/14/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Severitas
Anduin's done everything short of conscripting civilians. His reasoning for not trying to overreach by taking back Darkshore immediately was sound.

Agreed. I understand his wanting to wait on a assault on Darkshore, but Tyrande's point is also valid. Her people need to reclaim their home. If they win it will be a significant loss for the Horde.