Someone said switch to Horde...

Battlegrounds
as a solution to bg's being unbalanced. I've got $30 to spare so why not? I decided to give it a spin.

My personal experience is listed below. I am not going to make any statements regarding my opinion on what's below, but I will include some facts so you can form your own opinion.

1. All of these were solo que'd
1. I played the same class/spec
2. There is no pattern in the time of day that I played. Basically, when I had the opportunity to play, I did.

Horde Results
AV: 3-3
AB: 3-0
DwG: Null
EotS: 2-3
IoC: 2-3
Seething Shore: 0-1
SS Mines: 2-1
ToK: 2-0
BfG: 2-0
Twin Peaks: Null
WSG: 3-1

Games Played: 28
Horde overall win %: 60.7

Alliance Results
AV: 2-9
AB: 0-1
DwG: 1-1
EotS: 3-0
IoC: 0-6
Seething Shore: 1-0
SS Mines: 0-1
ToK: 0-1
BfG: Null
Twin Peaks: 2-1
WSG: 0-1

Games Played: 30
Alliance overall win %: 30
Alliance
https://imgur.com/a/Yk1QnPq

Horde
https://imgur.com/a/YTojMEn
Do you have any data regarding your time in queue versus time in game for both factions?

If you were to run this experiment again, would you be willing to look at stats like the above? Or perhaps honour/minute? Even total time played?

Moreover, would it be possible to separate your epic battleground queues from your random battle ground queues? I see that you have 11 games of alterac valley played on Alliance side, whereas on horde side you have 11 total epic battlegrounds queued between both AV and IoC. You queued 6 more epic BGs on alliance than you did on Horde. Why was this? Was this decision made as a result of long queue times? The six additional Epic BGs you did on Alliance count for six additional losses, which perhaps skew the data.
Its rng dude ,just because one person plays doesnt mean their winrate is going to be the same as the next person. There is a lot of factors that go into this then just "oh this faction is better...." . I mean its your $$ you do what you want but, ill stay alliance .
I do not plan to faction switch to horde. Not sure why I would because all the cool stuff is alliance side. However, I have made a couple hordie toons to play on when I feel like it.

My horde's AV win rate is currently 87.5%.

[edit]
@OP I do find your post interesting though. You probably already know the website stats (45:55) people have been used to seeing most likely come from a source that uses ALL "actively played characters" - in other words, NOT only for the 120 bracket.
Horde has been on point in AV, I've probably been winning 60-70% of the games, but in AB its been completely awful, at most a 50% win rate.
11/14/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Kitanana
Its rng dude ,just because one person plays doesnt mean their winrate is going to be the same as the next person. There is a lot of factors that go into this then just "oh this faction is better...." . I mean its your $$ you do what you want but, ill stay alliance .

Not advocating anyone switch from Alliance to Horde. Just sharing my personal experience between Alliance and Horde, which I realize is not a representation of the whole.
So 5 wins 6 losses as horde in the 40 mans? Sounds like they may have been close in their stats how alliance win slightly more epics and 10/15 mans are 46/54 overall.
I should hit 120 this weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing max level blueside PvP for myself.
11/14/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Jugajr
So 5 wins 6 losses as horde in the 40 mans? Sounds like they may have been close in their stats how alliance win slightly more epics and 10/15 mans are 46/54 overall.

^ Ignores that he went 2 W 15 L in the 40 mans as alliance. ;)
11/14/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Vanx
11/14/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Jugajr

^ Ignores that he went 2 W 15 L in the 40 mans as alliance. ;)
Nope didn’t ignore that at all. I know alliance are crappy in the 40 mans. Have said it time and again. They do well enough in every other bg as you can see from his stats. 7-6 in the normal Bgs as solo queue is better than 50%. Not what we hear from others.
So 5 wins 6 losses as horde in the 40 mans? Sounds like they may have been close in their stats how alliance win slightly more epics

Nope didn’t ignore that at all. I know alliance are crappy in the 40 mans

LOL :)
11/14/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Doors
Do you have any data regarding your time in queue versus time in game for both factions?

If you were to run this experiment again, would you be willing to look at stats like the above? Or perhaps honour/minute? Even total time played?

Moreover, would it be possible to separate your epic battleground queues from your random battle ground queues? I see that you have 11 games of alterac valley played on Alliance side, whereas on horde side you have 11 total epic battlegrounds queued between both AV and IoC. You queued 6 more epic BGs on alliance than you did on Horde. Why was this? Was this decision made as a result of long queue times? The six additional Epic BGs you did on Alliance count for six additional losses, which perhaps skew the data.

Doors,

I unfortunately did not keep track of que times. Hindsight, I wish I had.

I will say that generally my experience ranged from 7-9 minutes for regular and 16-17 minutes for epic. So that, coupled with having to que multiple times on Alliance in epic to get my daily win could explain the reason I had 11 games as Horde and 17 on Alliance.

I’d like to keep a pulse on the things you mentioned going forward. I’m not sure there is an addon that tracks que times, but I could probably compile them in an excel file.
Arthur's win/loss experience pretty much matches mine with respect to switching factions, except that my horde win percentage is higher than 60% since I'm not solo queuing.
11/14/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Vanx
So 5 wins 6 losses as horde in the 40 mans? Sounds like they may have been close in their stats how alliance win slightly more epics

Nope didn’t ignore that at all. I know alliance are crappy in the 40 mans

LOL :)
Well he also didn’t do the same amounts on each side. But regardless people make it sound like horde win 90% 40 mans... they don’t. And alliance lose 90% randoms... they don’t. Regardless I enjoy Bgs so I’d rather get more in and still win than sit in queue for 10 minutes or more.
https://i.imgur.com/xEiD3BB.png

Alliance is great. I enjoy my 1 min queues and wins galore.
11/14/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Kitanana
Its rng dude

If winning the 40v40s was a 50/50 coin flip there would be a 0.1% chance of Arthur only winning two out of seventeen matches.

https://www.wolframalpha.com/widgets/view.jsp?id=d821210668c6cc5a02db1069cc52464f
11/14/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Toughguybob
https://i.imgur.com/xEiD3BB.png

Alliance is great. I enjoy my 1 min queues and wins galore.

He is solo queuing and isn't avoiding the 40v40s, where he is taking huge losses as alliance. :P
Arthur's win/loss experience pretty much matches mine with respect to switching factions, except that my horde win percentage is higher than 60% since I'm not solo queuing.

Bolded part is what some forumers fail to talk about when they tout their higher win rates. I'm glad you mentioned! Things are definitely tougher for solo queuing.
Thanks for providing actual numbers.

For what it's worth, by my calculations these results fall just short of the 2SD (95%) confidence level for statistical significance, which still makes them highly suggestive. Analyzed on a faction and battleground basis, the Alliance AV and IOC numbers are statistically significant, but may just be instances of the "green jelly bean" effect where if you look at enough cases, you're going to see statistical significance in some of them by pure chance. Still, the fact that the most vociferous complaints are about these statistically significant cases may tend to confirm them.