Prot paladin in arenas

Arenas
This needs to stop

https://imgur.com/a/ksNo4K4

the off healing and utility is too much
I think I'd be more ok with them if they played like CC bots that can throw offheals but they do so much damage and usually play with a Disc who is also doing as much damage as them, if not more.

TLDR current class design is really whack all around.
Fun fact: when I complained about tank specs absurd offheal on a lower mmr I was nailed to a cross ... I want to see the same people commenting on this with the same tone...
Prot pallies are super dumb in two’s. Lost to prot/fury earlier tonight. I had 1mil healing done when I died, he had 550k and the fury had 200k. Felt really balanced and fun to play against.
11/14/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Miråna
Prot pallies are super dumb in two’s. Lost to prot/fury earlier tonight. I had 1mil healing done when I died, he had 550k and the fury had 200k. Felt really balanced and fun to play against.
Well let's be honest here, fury (and DH) needs to be gutted in 2s for the health of the game. Those 2 alone have made me stop playing 2s on all my toons and I usually play them a good chunk of the expansion.
Fury has been the worst since it was found as a op class in 2's
I wouldnt mind fury nearly as much if a chimpanzy flinging poo at a keyboard couldnt play it
Just wait until you play vs a guardian druid
There are several things wrong with that picture first the Disc doing as much dmg as the Prot. Totally not ok that a healer does 1.3 mil dmg. No healer should hit for more than 3k dmg on an attack.

Next Prot Pally has had gross heals that need nerfs for a long time now but that stems from the fact that Ret needs off heals nerfed too and Paladins usually have broken stuff. Off healing should be pretty much gutted across the board.

Healers role is to heal
Tanks role is to do Damage Support and Control
Dps role is to Damage
Anyone remeber back in WotLK prot warriors.....

That was fun....

unpeelable little buggers with an AoE stun that could shield slam crit you for 70% of your hp.

AoE spell reflect

Shockwave

Intervene...

Most fun I ever had on a warrior
idk I know against that comp as kanye we'd literally train the prot so he couldn't get any hoj's on our healer since 100-0 our healer in a hoj was the win condition. Disc would oom after a few minutes.
11/14/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Abombanation
There are several things wrong with that picture first the Disc doing as much dmg as the Prot. Totally not ok that a healer does 1.3 mil dmg. No healer should hit for more than 3k dmg on an attack.

Next Prot Pally has had gross heals that need nerfs for a long time now but that stems from the fact that Ret needs off heals nerfed too and Paladins usually have broken stuff. Off healing should be pretty much gutted across the board.

Healers role is to heal
Tanks role is to do Damage Support and Control
Dps role is to Damage

As usual your opinions are bad
11/14/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Crypticcross
11/14/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Miråna
Well let's be honest here, fury (and DH) needs to be gutted in 2s for the health of the game. Those 2 alone have made me stop playing 2s on all my toons and I usually play them a good chunk of the expansion.
As far as dps go in 2v2 DH aren't highly represented in 2s at higher rating. I understand people see high dmg thanks to aoe being part of their single target rotation and think they're op. Above 2600 for dps they're 5th in representation.
This MoltKe guy complains about everything though
the fabled protholy returns
buff it.
I like how they can immune partners with a bubble that can't be dispelled as well. I played one a month ago, it was super aids. The off healing they bring is ridiculous.

Remove tanking specs already.
11/14/2018 10:51 PMPosted by Ralin
As far as dps go in 2v2 DH aren't highly represented in 2s at higher rating. I understand people see high dmg thanks to aoe being part of their single target rotation and think they're op. Above 2600 for dps they're 5th in representation.
My problem is moreso in the 1700-1900ish range (I like to yolo with LFG a lot of the time) you see a ton of them and they usually play with Mistweavers. I wouldn't have a problem with it if they had to play well but they just run at the healer all game with a hotkey setup that will fit perfectly on a fisher price toy:

https://i.imgur.com/VCcN93V.jpg

And you have to play monumentally better than them with perfect CD rotation, near perfect usage of mana, etc. Oh and you also can't hit them because they're one of the tankiest melee in the game.

Even beating them isn't satisfying because they're just so brainless and it's just so miserable and stressful to fight them.
11/14/2018 11:29 PMPosted by Crypticcross
My problem is moreso in the 1700-1900ish range (I like to yolo with LFG a lot of the time) you see a ton of them and they usually play with Mistweavers. I wouldn't have a problem with it if they had to play well but they just run at the healer all game with a hotkey setup that will fit perfectly on a fisher price toy:

And you have to play monumentally better than them with perfect CD rotation, near perfect usage of mana, etc. Oh and you also can't hit them because they're one of the tankiest melee in the game.

Even beating them isn't satisfying because they're just so brainless and it's just so miserable and stressful to fight them.

holy !@#$ thats the exact same set up i use except my mom got me a off brand from toyodatoys and not fisher price. hate her.
11/14/2018 11:29 PMPosted by Crypticcross

First I'd like to say there are definitely classes and playstyles that seem overtuned. However having said that I think one of the best things to do is to play the class you find so strong so that you can better understand their weaknesses. I had a friend arguing with me about how overtuned and OP rets were due to them having Divine Shield. I convinced him to play ret for a while (seeing as how they were so OP and all) and I swear to you his exact words after playing ret at 120 for a while were "So stupid man, I have 1 real defensive and then I'm dead, bop can be spell stolen, divine shield can be mass dispelled and its a 5 min cd. Ret needs a rework"