BC TW Dungeons way overtuned

General Discussion
Have yet to be unable to complete one, but I'm having a harder time than I do in mythics on my healer. People are taking a serious beating, with trash mobs almost one-shotting people. This is ridiculous.
just finished one TW Dungeon, man there laying down some serious damage
Way too much damage to players. Mythic + is easier to heal
Didn't seem all that bad. Had a tank that clearly had no idea what to do in Shatter Halls and we still did it with the only deaths on the first pull.
11/14/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Angrysocks
Have yet to be unable to complete one, but I'm having a harder time than I do in mythics on my healer. People are taking a serious beating, with trash mobs almost one-shotting people. This is ridiculous.

My wifes son had a lot of trouble clearing timewalking dungeons this week, he destroyed my juicer in a fit of rage, after the tank failed to taunt a mob off of him. How is this okay in 2018? Blizzard really needs to do something about this
Did one earlier today and it definitely seemed a bit overtuned. About the same as an M+ 8.
Just finished my 5,

Its deffo harder than it used to be with a lot of the mob/boss mechanics actually being used (eg the big wraiths that heal in the tempest keep one)

But I think if you have a group of people who are able to learn from their mistakes its actually more fun the way it is :0

Just my opinion tho (and yes i did all 5 in pug groups)
It's BC dungeons. L2P. Crowd control and mark you bunch of pansy cry babies.
I heard crowd control was your friend.
Stop trying to do dungeons the way you do them in modern wow.
Do single pack pulls.
Use crowd control (saps, sheep, trap, etc)
LoS pull to make the mobs come to you.
Single target down mobs. Focus casters and healers first. Interrupt where you can.
The problem is that so many people are accustomed to going into these dungeons for transmogs or whatever, or doing them on Normal while levelling, that they expect them to be a faceroll.

I just did a couple and some of the players had difficulties because they couldn't figure out that you actually needed to follow mechanics.

In one we had to kick a tank who kept pulling multiple mobs to the point that the healer was completely unable to cope, causing wipes.

In another a healer - possibly trying to be helpful - the healer put the Priest slow fall on people and had them drifting down into unwanted mobs. Again, just a lack of planning and common sense.

I was on my Elemental shaman and I had to make use of the various totems to control things like Fear and to stun groups to give the melee a chance. Things that we've not had to worry about before.

We finally got a tank who knew the drill; they pulled small mobs around corners to keep out of los of other mobs and it made life a lot easier. Thing is, trying to speed through these dungeons ends up wasting more time because people die and have to res and come back again.

I treat them like Mythics: play smooth, clever and use all everything you need to in your toolbox to make things easier for everyone, not just yourself.
11/14/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Reull
The problem is that so many people are accustomed to going into these dungeons for transmogs or whatever, or doing them on Normal while levelling, that they expect them to be a faceroll.

I just did a couple and some of the players had difficulties because they couldn't figure out that you actually needed to follow mechanics.

In one we had to kick a tank who kept pulling multiple mobs to the point that the healer was completely unable to cope, causing wipes.

In another a healer - possibly trying to be helpful - the healer put the Priest slow fall on people and had them drifting down into unwanted mobs. Again, just a lack of planning and common sense.

I was on my Elemental shaman and I had to make use of the various totems to control things like Fear and to stun groups to give the melee a chance. Things that we've not had to worry about before.

We finally got a tank who knew the drill; they pulled small mobs around corners to keep out of los of other mobs and it made life a lot easier. Thing is, trying to speed through these dungeons ends up wasting more time because people die and have to res and come back again.

I treat them like Mythics: play smooth, clever and use all everything you need to in your toolbox to make things easier for everyone, not just yourself.

Woah woah. The modern gamer can't be inconvenienced with using the entire toolkit and slow pulls. They need to pull as much as possible and spam aoe.
They are definitely harder than they were when they were new. We pulled Mana tombs, and slave pens. Slave pens was far easier, though by no means a cakewalk.
Oh I gotta try this, most of the previous time walking dungeons felt around m0 to m3 Curious to see how bad it could be if people are saying m8.

11/14/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Vyline
They are definitely harder than they were when they were new. We pulled Mana tombs, and slave pens. Slave pens was far easier, though by no means a cakewalk.

Well slave pens was the easiest. Shattered Halls was the hardest back in the day, but that is mitigated by tanks having aoe abilities to handle a 7 pull. So does that make Arcatraz the hardest tw?
That’s how bc heroics were lol
11/14/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Xukon
Oh I gotta try this, most of the previous time walking dungeons felt around m0 to m3 Curious to see how bad it could be if people are saying m8.

Spoilers: they're not that hard. Also, azerite gear sucks in there.
Crowd control is your friend. I think of it as a warm up for classic wow. Get good guys.
Cata cry-babies need to L2P. This is my 3rd and very new 120 (hours ago) and i did 3 of them just fine.

Near wipes at the large courtyard in MT but that's normal in that space. Hello-kitty is that way-----------
People that believe TW is overtuned will hate Classic.
11/14/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Javachipcrem
Cata cry-babies need to L2P. This is my 3rd and very new 120 (hours ago) and i did 3 of them just fine.

Near wipes at the large courtyard in MT but that's normal in that space. Hello-kitty is that way-----------
wrath babies are actually when this crap began.
Its really just needing CC mechanics to be used, the mobs were always hard to get past during BC you had to CC some of them so it didn't get you wiped. I like how it has that slightly slower mob slaying.