BC TW Dungeons way overtuned

General Discussion
Best way to mitigate damage is to make it so the enemy cant damage you at all.

Hypothetical. 7 enemies in a pack - reasonable considering we are talking BC. Say 3 people can CC - also reasonable. Follow through, CC 3 of them. Yeah your aoe dps numbers will not be as high because you arent dealing damage to those 3, but you just mitigated 43% of the incoming damage on the tank. Made the tank 43% easier to heal. Increased their chance of survival by 43%. However you want to look at it. Continue that trend and burst the heaviest hitter of the non cc-ed down asap before opening up with aoe, and you've mitigated even more of the incoming damage.

That should go a long way to stopping the tanks hp bar from ping-ponging and giving the healer a conniption. Its ridiculous that people keep saying stuff is over tuned, when in reality they are simply not using the tool kit they have specifically to deal with the issues they are having.

The dps isnt there solely to kill things quickly by blowing the top off of damage meters. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Better to take 15-20 extra seconds per pack due to lower dps numbers than wipe for an hour.
The problem is not that they're hard; it's that the BC timewalking dungeons are much harder than they were in Legion. You know, like, another example of something that didn't get adjusted properly for BfA?
11/14/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Eyrinjia
The problem is not that they're hard; it's that the BC timewalking dungeons are much harder than they were in Legion. You know, like, another example of something that didn't get adjusted properly for BfA?

This is the point I was trying to get across, and the scaling seems way off in terms of incoming damage for BC timewalking compared to the other 3.
My wifes son ; he destroyed my juicer in a fit of rage

nice me me
Very Mana intensive. I could almost feel the party's frustration whenever I asked for a OOM break. Surely healing back in BC wasn't this much of a pain.
I'll have to hop in to do some tonight. Do traps, polymorph, etc not work?

That's the way we dealt with mobs back in the day.

I shudder to think of what'll happen if Blizzard decides Hunters need to kite again...
11/15/2018 03:30 AMPosted by Yunzhu
I'll have to hop in to do some tonight. Do traps, polymorph, etc not work?

That's the way we dealt with mobs back in the day.

I shudder to think of what'll happen if Blizzard decides Hunters need to kite again...

I don’t know how things were back in the day. I only started playing 4 months back but I have to say Mana Tombs last night was the hardest time I have ever had in a dungeon so far.