City purges

General Discussion
Remember back when players would bring diseases or powerful NPCs into major cities and watched as said things killed everyone in the city?

Any older WoW player would have probably experienced at least one time this sort of thing happened. I remember these scenarios happening all the time way back then. Oh how I have miss these days.

You guys remember experiencing any? I remember when people would kite Kruul into Stormwind. Was always fun watching him destroy everyone in the auction house and such. And of course there was the people who did the same with the dragon world bosses lol.
I never saw them as purges or trolling. They werr community oriented events.
Ah yes the good old days hopefully that will be possible in classic
I recall several times people would kite that big bronze dragon all the way from the caverns of time up to Org and let it eat lowbies before everyone dog piled it. Not even the tower was a safe perch to watch the chaos from.

I also recall the "blood plague" and the "death knight plague". So much death, so many skeletons.

Good times.

11/15/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Piselie

Sadly chances are they're keeping current npc leashing so no map long pulling of world bosses and they've since "fixed" the plague bugs, but who's to say another one won't just crop up someday after someone futzes up a bit of code?
I remember that. I remember casting cure disease on myself and laughing a lot. The bank alts were not happy chappies.

The other good one was kiting Kazzak to Stormwind.
I remember alot of these awesome times. The closest we get nowadays is the odd raid into the capitals to kill the leader, still great fun but not the same as watching a city fall against the game itself haha.
Faxmonkey - Hakkar Destroy's Orgrimmar. One of the most EPIC videos ever (the song! You'll have it in your head the rest of the day).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLZ_q4N55T0

Kazzak, wasn't that the immune guy from the Blasted Lands? I played Alliance for a bit in Classic and remember there was one that was awesome for lvling your weapon skills. Fun detected = Blizz introduces leashing.
11/15/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Inoro
I recall several times people would kite that big bronze dragon all the way from the caverns of time up to Org and let it eat lowbies before everyone dog piled it. Not even the tower was a safe perch to watch the chaos from.

I also recall the "blood plague" and the "death knight plague". So much death, so many skeletons.

Good times.

11/15/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Piselie

Sadly chances are they're keeping current npc leashing so no map long pulling of world bosses and they've since "fixed" the plague bugs, but who's to say another one won't just crop up someday after someone futzes up a bit of code?
They should bring back the plague bugs or world boss invasions as an event just let it not effect NPCs that run shops and make it so lowbies aren't caught in the carnage.
I remember people used to kite Jaina into orgrimmar somehow and she'd slaughter the entire city. People also used to somehow get infected with diseases that spread to other characters and they'd take it to various cities and the entire city would die from the plague. Ah, Good times.
I hid in Thunderbluff for the plagues. In the giant totem, under the ramp going up.

Good times, good times.
I think during MoP there was a brief patch where you could turn certain NPC's into temporary pets and people would take them to stormwind and set them loose and the NPC's would kill all the lowbies. Dreadful state of affairs, But funny nonetheless.
I never got to experience these personally. I've always wanted to, though.
Another was a small raid of warlocks that would all summon wild doomguards.
11/15/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Shadowfist
That hilarious when did this happen?
11/15/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Inoro

[/quote]

One of those was intentional, the other... not so much.

I kind of wish I'd been around during that era. I also wonder how things would be different if the Blood Plague happened again.
Only one I remember witnessing was someone kiting Stitches from Darkshore to Goldshire
I loved bringing my army of undead with me to assault Shat. Was amazing fun taking the guards and the city down. Then it got nerfed and removed. Sad face :(
11/15/2018 02:58 AMPosted by Eurydicel
The other good one was kiting Kazzak to Stormwind.
What I remember most was piles of lvl 1 orcs dying in Orgrimmar to form gold farming websites...
Anyone else remember those?
Hopefully that kind of thing stays in Classic...

11/15/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Vollà
What I remember most was piles of lvl 1 orcs dying in Orgrimmar to form gold farming websites...
Anyone else remember those?

Eyup. Watched them run from the starting zone a few times.
11/15/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Hylianlich
11/15/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Shadowfist
That hilarious when did this happen?
Sadly I wasn't part of that either. =(
It was a guild mate of mine from a few years ago that told me about the time they all went to the entrance of SW, popped soul stones, and began the rituals. It didn't last long before they were all wiped out from what I heard. xD