How come Tauren got paladins but not NElves?

General Discussion
I mean one worships some false sun god and the NElves worship a moon goddess. So why can't they just do what Tauren do, but with moon stuff?

Or am I missing something completely here?
To be fair no-one has a clue what Elune actually is.
Because they needed a reason for more people to play Tauren.

There's already plenty of Nelves.

Same reason we got Void Elves instead of High Elves. Gameplay.
Well, Night Elves did get paladins in Legion, they just aren't playable.
Easy......Holy Cow!
10/05/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Belerel
To be fair no-one has a clue what Elune actually is.
Probably something not good, my guess is Blizz will eventually go the Final Fantasy route and have us kill off some important religious deity
I don't know. Culture difference? Moon light probably isn't in the same tier as whatever light the sun. Everything about the night elf culture seems to lean toward darkness in some way, and paladins are all about the radiant light.

Maybe down the road they'll change it? I never believed that Tauren would be paladins and yet here we are now so it's not like I'd say something like never ever.
Because blood elf was the only option.
I really hope all this night warrior business leads to them having paladins in the future. They could give zandalari paladins at the same time. Make everyone happy.
You all got mages.
10/05/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Rialta
I mean one worships some false sun god and the NElves worship a moon goddess. So why can't they just do what Tauren do, but with moon stuff?

Or am I missing something completely here?

False to who? To the Tauren, their god is very real. To the NIght Elves, their goddess is very real. That makes zero sense, and is incredibly narrow minded.
I am game for NE Paladins, we just recruited one last expac, definetly sets a precedent in lore. Nightelves are also my favorite race in the game, but I find the Paladin to be the most fun class to play, here’s to hoping we get NE paladins!
Because the goblins couldn't afford the entire Package of the Light. (They only got the discounted offer.)

Not enough masochists in the ranks of the Forsaken were willing enough to learn how to control the light to seek vengeance, be benevolent healers or have the compassion to defend those in need.

Orcs (the green ones) threw their lot with elementals and demons so they already knew very little about the Light to establish a growing faith. The Magh'ar just had the Light beat into them or threatened with it. I don't know about them.

Trolls prefer Loa and up until a certain point there wasn't a Loa or Wild God that had an affinity to holy power.

And Pandas? I mean, are they too fat to wear the plate? They can't be because they can be warriors so that's wrong. I honestly have no slightly snarky opinion as to why they can't be paladins.
I mean... if we want to follow the logic of "priest turned warrior priest = paladin" trolls should be paladins too.

Zandalar fo'eva. (and da darkspear, please blizzy)
10/05/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Startastic
Easy......Holy Cow!

Yup. That is, in fact, the only reason. Holy Cow puns.