WW communication

Monk
10/25/2018 11:35 PMPosted by Zefxiix
10/25/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Babylonius
For the record, I’m not Luxthos. If you are not a fan of the lengthy articles written about certain topics, that’s fine. There are several authors and we always try to include a shorter TLDR or conclusion at the end for those who prefer things in a simpler sense. I also try to keep my guides very simple and to the point so that they can be easily understood.

I understand some people prefer guides and information in a video format, and there’s rarely shortage of people trying their best to make those, to varying levels of success. Videos simply require time and software that I don’t have. When I have had the time in the past, I’ve made videos, but my preference is for written content as it’s always been easier to do with a toddler running around, and MUCH easier to update when things change.

I understand and to be perfectly clear we need people like you, we do, you know more, bring more to the table than any of these Blizzard folks that are hanging around and sharing news once in a while with us. You analyze, anticipate the game so that the best players can play smarter.
unfortunately when i say 'we', it does not include 80 % of the population, not only because of the format, but the 'how to' is always missing, the step by step non existing. I get it, that's not your 'job', you mention things and changes and options that certainly make a lot of sense i'm sure, but that we can't really translate into value. To me, with all respect, you're the wikipedia of Wow, i like wikipedia, but i only go there once or twice a month ..

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for that is missing. The "how to" is our guide: https://www.peakofserenity.com/bfa/windwalker/guide/
There you'll find step by step instructions in how to gear, talent, prioritize abilities, and more. You seem to be only reading the articles and ignoring the guides. Even our articles, at least the ones that deal with how the spec is played, always include a short summary, TLDR, or conclusion at the end with just the facts you need.

Can you provide an example of a page that is missing the information that you're looking for? We're always looking to improve the site and add more content thats needed, but from my perspective you're asking for content thats already there.
10/26/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Babylonius

I understand and to be perfectly clear we need people like you, we do, you know more, bring more to the table than any of these Blizzard folks that are hanging around and sharing news once in a while with us. You analyze, anticipate the game so that the best players can play smarter.
unfortunately when i say 'we', it does not include 80 % of the population, not only because of the format, but the 'how to' is always missing, the step by step non existing. I get it, that's not your 'job', you mention things and changes and options that certainly make a lot of sense i'm sure, but that we can't really translate into value. To me, with all respect, you're the wikipedia of Wow, i like wikipedia, but i only go there once or twice a month ..

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for that is missing. The "how to" is our guide: https://www.peakofserenity.com/bfa/windwalker/guide/
There you'll find step by step instructions in how to gear, talent, prioritize abilities, and more. You seem to be only reading the articles and ignoring the guides. Even our articles, at least the ones that deal with how the spec is played, always include a short summary, TLDR, or conclusion at the end with just the facts you need.

Can you provide an example of a page that is missing the information that you're looking for? We're always looking to improve the site and add more content thats needed, but from my perspective you're asking for content thats already there.

bab you're fine im pretty sure its just a forum troll.
everything on your website is well spoken and paints a clear picture in what information you are trying to put down. the only thing in any of the articles i see that might confuse someone is showing the math on how X skill is calculated. if they are not competent enough to scroll down to the Summary to get a grasp on the overall of the article, that's not on you and i would assume 95%+ can read the summary portion and understand.
all in all keep up the good work on the site us monks really appreciate it
There seems to be a lot of side discussion but I agree with the initial topic of survivability not being where I would prefer it.

It doesn't feel good to die on certain boss fights where you get a really painful debuff twice, but had to use Karma on the first one, only to die on the second one. With likely a third debuff coming next.
10/26/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Babylonius

No i don't.
I go on youtube, twitch and get the exact information i need.
and again, it's perfectly fine if you enjoy / can translate chinese into russian but i'm probably too lazy and i like simple things. i won't name any 'sources' as people will say i'm advertising, but seriously, from rotations and how to set them up, and all the way into the mechanics AND how to set them up, the peak is more like a small hill to me, so many resources out there now that provide simpler, more efficient and way way more concrete information for monks.
but if you are very familiar with all the acronyms and references to the 'past' and the 7. something version and in general like to read the small prints then it's fine, not my cup of tea.
I think i read the PoS first, i mean when i started my monk, so completely new to the class. i read it again and again and then went in game and tried to apply some of this and.. uh oh, doesnt work.
then i found some other sources (again ,a lot of them are way better) and .. well, just applied what they said and , well it worked !
i'm playing this game to have fun you know.. enjoy it ? not get a headache and be frustrated
10/26/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Sybianjoy
As... frequent contributors voluntarily, I know it looks good when you show up when people ask for it, but the line has to be drawn somewhere and this looks like bright red ink.

Zefxiix, trying to read your post is like being forced to watch Lemon Party on an infinite loop whilst eating your favourite soft serve.

You try to be pretentious with bs such as "unfortunately when i say 'we', it does not include 80 % of the population".

Dude, they're not your everyday customer service rep. Get straight to the point, go easy on the nonsensical posturing.

You moan that there's no obvious how-tos, but bemoan them again for looking down on the community by making dumbed down versions or maybe for just using the phrase.

Before you post again, do EVERYONE a favor, and click PREVIEW before clicking ADD REPLY. Sort your thoughts out in order, and do some self filtering of your own contradictions. So many parts you're shooting yourself in the foot and working your way up.

feeling better ?
ah good, i'm happy for you
please do me a favour too : ignore me. that will make my lemon world so sweet
thanks Champ !
Sorry but they're too busy coming up with new Hearthstone cards and buying Chinese mobile games so they can slap a Diablo skin on it.
11/05/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Benjah
Sorry but they're too busy coming up with new Hearthstone cards and buying Chinese mobile games so they can slap a Diablo skin on it.

Hearthstone and Diablo are made by separate teams in blizzard that have nothing to do with world of Warcraft's design or development. So they would have no reason to come here. Besides, community managers are the ones that would most likely post would also not have a hand in any game being created apart from acting as a relay system between the forums and the various teams.
The WW posts in the BfA items & classes forum probably need more support. That's where the devs seem to be responding to class feedback, not the class forums...

For all the complaining here there isn't even a WW post on the first 2 1/2 pages of that forum (the most recent one is 4 days ago)... its like we are talking in a basement closet here hoping someone hears us upstairs.
11/05/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Zefxiix
i won't name any 'sources' as people will say i'm advertising, but seriously, from rotations and how to set them up, and all the way into the mechanics AND how to set them up, the peak is more like a small hill to me, so many resources out there now that provide simpler, more efficient and way way more concrete information for monks.

So, basically, you're claiming to know better sources for info and guides than the PoS, but you're refusing to share them? I call BS. I'm starting to think you're a troll.

11/05/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Zefxiix
so, if "i''ve got problems in game with racist and homophobic comments"
what does that mean exactly ? that you're ok with that ? in short you say that i have problems with intolerance ? yes i do and so should you instead of playing Princess Rosie loves the world here.

Now I'm sure you're trolling. He literally tells you the best way to deal with those types of comments - reporting them to Blizzard - and you accuse him of being "Princess Rosie."

The only person that's been a jerk in this thread is you.
11/05/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Zefxiix

I think you might be misunderstanding something.

If you've got problems in game with racist and homophobic comments you need to report it officially. Nobody is accepting the behaviour and just saying "it's alright if they do it in game". I'm not in your groups and I'm not seeing what you see, you have to report these people. I can't wave a magic wand and make GMs appear.

I still don't get what this noob thing is about. The MVP program exists because of our willingness to help, teach, and be a source of information. What you're saying is contradictory to what I do most days on WoW.

so, if "i''ve got problems in game with racist and homophobic comments"
what does that mean exactly ? that you're ok with that ? in short you say that i have problems with intolerance ? yes i do and so should you instead of playing Princess Rosie loves the world here.
i'm not the problem, i don't name my game 'Big d...ks only', i don't kick out people our because they are not a top performer, i don't bully or insult someone that obviously is new and needs help, i dont call someone that dies a '@!@!%*#' or other fancy names.
so maybe YOU have a problem. not me. i'm fine thank you, i play with nice, smart, non "PRETENTIOUS AND NON EGOCENTRIC" people (typically NOT the people that i read here) that enjoy the same pace and have some kind of tolerance you wouldnt even understand.
peace Ms Community Service and do not worry as i wont answer any of long and politically correct rants anymore. i really wont, it was a mistake and i knew it. Say one thing and get all the little sheeps coming after you and yelling. so funny.
oh sorry, one last one for that other guy , pointing out my language etc.. yeah ok, my english is !@#$. but the fact is i speak 4 other languages, so think about that maybe Mr Smart and tell me how you would communicate on a french, spanish, italian, german forum ? well, you won't.. we know the answer. or maybe you think the world turns around the US and everything else is a strange and scary place. poor guy
not so smart maybe ?

Tu m'as appelé "Mme. Service Client" à plusieurs reprises, donc, histoire de clarifier, je ne suis pas employé chez Blizzard. Si tu as un quelconque conflit avec un autre joueur au sein du jeu, tu dois les signaler dans le jeu. Si tu as un problème dans le forum, alors tu dois utiliser la fonction "signaler". Les modérateurs lisent et contrôlent le forum constamment et ils sont les seuls capables de résoudre les soucis que tu vois, tout comme les Maîtres de Jeu sont à ton service pour prendre en charge tes demandes et requêtes au sein du jeu.

Pour clarifier encore une fois :

Et à propos de ce que je représente : je suis un simple joueur comme vous tous. La seule chose que je représente est un objectif; celui d'une communauté plus ouverte et une meilleur relation et communication entre nous autres joueurs et Blizzard. Chaque personne contribuant au forum est plus que capable d'offrir un feedback constructif, et vous vous représentez tous vous-même ainsi que vos expériences au sein du jeu. Mon seul désir est de remplir ce forum avec des discussions, opinions, perspectives et expériences de la part de tous ceux qui visitent cet endroit.

Ce n'est pas une question de tolérance, j'ai juste besoin que tu comprennes que les sources officielles sont ton meilleur fournisseur d'aide. M'attaquer ne t'apportera rien.
Si tu as besoin de clarifications concernant la ligne de conduite ainsi que les règles du forum, tu peux visiter ces liens

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6794350261

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
I just want to be sure I've got this right.

Why did you post in a language that isn't English?

Edit: I'm sure you'll ignore me Talby, since the only time you've addressed any of my feeback is to be snarky and insulting and then you disappeared. Which is also why I'm just guessing you're stating it in another language as a little jab since he, "didn't understand english," or some such. So fitting!

Even if it IS a forum troll and a jerk, I don't think that is really the proper behavior, hrmm?
11/06/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Ultrios
I just want to be sure I've got this right.

Why did you post in a language that isn't English?

Edit: I'm sure you'll ignore me Talby, since the only time you've addressed any of my feeback is to be snarky and insulting and then you disappeared. Which is also why I'm just guessing you're stating it in another language as a little jab since he, "didn't understand english," or some such. So fitting!

Even if it IS a forum troll and a jerk, I don't think that is really the proper behavior, hrmm?

It's a lot of work responding to each and every forum post because generally I will always put some effort in. I still read everyone's post here but I usually wait until there is a break in the conversation to reply. It helps to get things going again and for my own sanity so i'm not on the forums 24/7, I already have a job I have to be at from 6 - 4, I don't want to come home and treat this as a second one. In the event that it is actually feedback that you are referring too, that's your feedback, it is meant to be read and understood. I'll respond to conversational topics or discussions but I'm not out seeking to pick apart someones feedback unless I disagree with something on an informational level which is a rare occurrence in itself.

As for Zefxiix. I responded to this monk in french since he said french was one of the languages he spoke and because I could. There is seemingly a significant language barrier between the two of us in English so if this helps, great, if it doesn't.. well I'm running out of ideas. It's one of the challenges of a community. If we can't connect this time there is always next time.

If it helps to know what I said;

Several times you've called me "Ms. Customer service" so to clarify, again, I am not a Blizzard Employee. If you are having a conflict with another player in game you need to use the in game tools to report them. If you are having a problem on the forums then you need to use the report post function as well. Moderators read and monitor the forums constantly and they are the only ones equip to solve the issues you are seeing just as the GMs are setup to handle your in game requests.

To clarify once more;

11/05/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Talbyy

As for what I represent: I'm just a player like the rest of you. The only thing I represent is the goal of a more open community and relationship between all of us, the players, and Blizzard. Each poster on these forums is more than capable of providing constructive feedback and you all represent yourselves and your experiences in the game. My desire is to fill these forums with discussions, opinions, perspectives, and experiences from everyone that visits here.

It is not a matter of tolerance I just need you to know that your absolute best chance at getting help is through official communications. Targeting me won't fix anything.

If you want clarification on the forum guidelines and code of conduct you can view these links.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6794350261

[code][code]https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
fair enough.

No i don't.
I go on youtube, twitch and get the exact information i need.
and again, it's perfectly fine if you enjoy / can translate chinese into russian but i'm probably too lazy and i like simple things. i won't name any 'sources' as people will say i'm advertising, but seriously, from rotations and how to set them up, and all the way into the mechanics AND how to set them up, the peak is more like a small hill to me, so many resources out there now that provide simpler, more efficient and way way more concrete information for monks.
but if you are very familiar with all the acronyms and references to the 'past' and the 7. something version and in general like to read the small prints then it's fine, not my cup of tea.
I think i read the PoS first, i mean when i started my monk, so completely new to the class. i read it again and again and then went in game and tried to apply some of this and.. uh oh, doesnt work.
then i found some other sources (again ,a lot of them are way better) and .. well, just applied what they said and , well it worked !
i'm playing this game to have fun you know.. enjoy it ? not get a headache and be frustrated

Its really hard to quite understand whats going on here...

and again, it's perfectly fine if you enjoy / can translate chinese into russian but i'm probably too lazy and i like simple things.

I'm not sure where I mentioned translating Chinese into Russian, you've completely lost me there.

i won't name any 'sources' as people will say i'm advertising, but seriously, from rotations and how to set them up, and all the way into the mechanics AND how to set them up, the peak is more like a small hill to me, so many resources out there now that provide simpler, more efficient and way way more concrete information for monks.

I don't think anyone here would complain if you posted your sources that are better than Peak, since Peak has long been considered the standard for Monk information for over a year and half, and my other sites for +2 years before that. As I said at the end of my post, we're always looking to learn from other sources to improve our content, so I'm very open to learning about your sources and emulating them if it will improve Peak.

the peak is more like a small hill to me,

Are you trying to say that you're on another mountain?
Reference: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20420604628?page=1

What?

What didn't work? Saying that the information on Peak isn't "optimal" is one thing, but I'm not sure what "doesnt work" or what you could mean by that.

Again, I plead for these sources that are "way better" so that we can improve Peak to match, or at least direct them to the higher level of content that is available that we are depriving people of.