So how is this all going to end?!

Story Forum
10/06/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Gharion
Former blizzard employee here, here's a rough draft of how (more or less) BfA will end:

https://i.imgur.com/1VW2fjk.jpg

Can't argue with the facts.
10/07/2018 04:15 AMPosted by Shyfthappens
10/06/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Skytotem
My prediction:

Nzoth rises, We fight him but we fail, Azeroth 'dies', N'zoth begins corrupting what's left.

We go underground, mixing themes from "A Journey to the Center of the Earth" (Big mysterious underground places), D&D's Underdark, and "A fantastic voyage" (shrink down and go inside the body to save someone) ...and into the Shadowlands, to revive Azeroth's body and spirit to drive out the corruption.

Sylvanas sacrifices herself to defibrilate Azeroth.

I like everything but the Sylvanas' redemption arc. Free of Arthas' influence on this mortal coil, she of her own free will has now trodden the path leading to her own damnation. 2+2 =4, not 5. This is basic logic.

This is additional to the damnation to which she had already been assigned after Arthas unjustly murdered her & raised her as a banshee. This is a difficult thing to comprehend for those that come from a modern world view that promotes free will. Warcraft presents a deterministic worldview in a fantasy universe where something evil could steal your soul & damn you whether you will it or no.

That said, we could all love to hate her for a few xpacs before she is finally banished for good. Maybe a wholly new character could be developed over time to transcend her & assume the role of warchief. A heroic character.

I'd also like to see the old god corruption dominate the entire landscape for at least 1 entire new xpac, not presented in parallel to the horde versus alliance & azerite stories.

Oh it's not what I WANT to happen, it's just what I think Blizz is most likely to do.
10/06/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Ryouna
10/06/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Reignac
N'Zoth breaks out, only Sylvanas can kill him, both sides put aside their differences as she is empowered to do it.

This is how it will happen and blizzard will be happy about it while everyone else throws up for weeks.

Define "everyone" do you speak for them?

Despite the fact that people claim they hated MoP's storyline most of them seem to want an exact rehash here, as the majority seem to be in favor of Horde rebellion killing Sylvanas, which would ultimately leave to the same end where the Alliance spares the Horde due to reasons (they can avoid this using N'zoth/Azshara to some degree to weaken the Alliance). I for one think the most boring possible ending would be MoP 2.0.
Probably the war will not "end" with the expansion, even if Sylvanas is removed, I doubt the night elves would consider all to be forgiven, like, whatever, let's just forget everything else, the genocide at Teldrassil, the raising of corpses, etc.

Most likely it will conclude with Horde controlling all of Kalimdor while Alliance holds the Eastern Kingdoms.
So how is this all going to end?!
On top of a pile of money, with many beautiful ladies.
Probably sylvanas will reveal a master plan all along. She will dump the horde, leave Nathanos in charge of the forsaken. Thrall or someone thrall like takes the Warchief position. In the alliance we can only hope Anduin gives up his military powers to an alliance council to save the alliance the embarrassment of a military leader he is. Otherwise Anduin is still king of storm wind. Both sides weakened the void lords come down hard, we temporarily beat them back in 8.3 or 8.4 and then a void lord expac lands.
10/07/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Tråpstar

Despite the fact that people claim they hated MoP's storyline most of them seem to want an exact rehash here, as the majority seem to be in favor of Horde rebellion killing Sylvanas

whiners are always more vocal.

I doubt anyone will be happy at the end tbh
We don't want another rebellion but that feels like the only option at this point.
My guess is that Sylvanas will try to harm the World Soul, and the last raid will be stopping her. She escapes, while using up all her Val'kyr and is being hunted by Horde and Alliance.
10/08/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Tyralone
My guess is that Sylvanas will try to harm the World Soul, and the last raid will be stopping her. She escapes, while using up all her Val'kyr and is being hunted by Horde and Alliance.
https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/sylvanas-windrunners-fate-discussion-and-predictions

This article from Ian Bates (Red Shirt Guy) is worth a read, uses that same initial theory of the World Soul.
I predict the heart of Azeroth and maybe even Azeroth herself might play a role in the end.
10/08/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Sarîa
I predict the heart of Azeroth and maybe even Azeroth herself might play a role in the end.
They're playing a role now. The entire expansion is called Battle for Azeroth. Of course they're gonna play a role in the end.
10/08/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Grandblade
10/08/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Sarîa
They're playing a role now. The entire expansion is called Battle for Azeroth. Of course they're gonna play a role in the end.
I meant to also type in it might stop the war entirely.
10/06/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Nuaden
With the recent spoilers and with the way the story is going, is anyone else kinda completely lost as to how this expansions story is going to end?
Yes, and that's a good thing
With Sylvanas permanently dead.
10/08/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Treng
With Sylvanas permanently dead.
Y'know I've hit GLaDOS levels of exhaustion with her. I used to want her dead but now I only want her gone.
If all this crap is to set Sylvanas up as 'redeemed', then it will be the poorest let down in all of WoW history. Hell, I would even take her being a literal sock puppet on one of N'zoth's tentacles over that.

No amount of redemption is going to make up for what she has done and has been doing up until this point, for either Horde or Alliance.
I think it’ll prolly end with Sylvanas being crucial to establishing the next expansion or defeating the big bad in this one.

I just hope Blizzard realizes Sylvanas getting a Kerrigan arch and saving the planet is not going to produce faction pride. The factions should win without having to rely on Ms. Godwin’s Law Incarnate.
Maybe they will split up Azeroth with an East vs West with the Horde and the Alliance.

Completely sacrificing the last of the Night Elves hope so that the Eastern Kingdom's races can have a return of their Warcraft 2 alliance.
The same beat of the drum. That we realise we're all freaking morons for waging war on each other, and in a predictable manner - we all hold hands together to form some new neutral faction for all players to grind rep for, in order to defeat the big bad of BFA, that is most likely N'zoth with your favourite lore figures making cameo appearances throughout the entire encounter.

Then atop pride's rock with Nathanos standing next to Sylvanas, Sylvanas will declare victory and freedom of Azeroth to the gathered forces of the Horde and Alliance. Thus this will justify Sylvanas' abrupt redemption, and we're all obligated to like her again.