Rate BfA out of 10 and explain why

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
I really can't express my opinion of BfA with just numbers, I need to use words. But I'm not allowed to say those words.
2/10 my main was MM hunter, not going through 2yrs of "class is in a good spot"
1 because everything but art and music sucks . Worse than wod
6.5/10
Most of my annoyances are minor.
It's lacking a little in the story questing, I'm not crazy about the AP grind and how az traits unlock (although better in some ways to sets and leggos), my favorite spec (arcane mage) is extremely 1 dimensional, professions are meh

But I think a lot of other stuff works well
4/10

Got some enjoyment out of it, which quickly faded after the first month of raids. Devs completely ignore feedback till 2 months after expansion releases. Feedback was given months before release during BFA beta. Blizzard employees (lore) have an obvious condescending and hateful attitude towards the community, who are, for good reasons, upset with the current state of the game.

It's a !@#$ sandwich, but it was fun for a month or two.
If they fire the devs, I'll increase my rating to a 4. #firethedevs
7/10

Only played since WoD, WoD sucked and Legion was far superior and had more content.
Running out of stuff to do right now except for mythic raiding, can't really find a weekend guild atm due to work. Legion gave me a reason to grind dungeons and other content, like the possibility of getting a Legendary. Azerite grind for bis sucks and I hate it. Lots of mount drop possibilities in this Expansion. Confused about what war we are in at this point with the alliance though. Lore is dodgy but I can dig parts of it. Gold farming currently blows on my server.

./reasons on rating
6/10

A worthy extension of the systems that were exemplary in Legion.
Best world building between story and artistry in the industry. The technology is absolutely fantastic, implemented on a scale that is awe inspiring.
High level performances from PvE Mythic Races to PvP Arenas have been fantastic to behold.

Player experience is lacking from previous expansions. There is a missed individual connection to realm or community that has been replaced by a queue on par with the detachment experienced at a local motor vehicle branch. Navigating the day to day feels less like escapism and a brutal grind caused often by the superseding of community utilities like Raider.io reputation and disjointed community finding. BFA specific systems, Island expedition scenarios, Azerite gear progression, Warmode and Warfronts have generally failed to live up to the expectation of being content equal to dungeons, raids or the legendaries. Even mission tables made available for mobile devices, while small and meant to provide small avenues for offline player advancement seem too small and too formulaic to be worth the effort. Each system seem to have major problems preventing them from reaching what could be fantastic potential.

Where WoD left us waiting in queue in garrisons, BFA has us doing world quests while waiting in queue. Now, either because the community has become too elitist, stigma or real disparities of class performance, or just because the new systems haven't been as successful there are major gaps present in the game experience preventing engagement for individuals.
---
I don't know, part of me says this might be because I'm fairly negative myself, but if I hadn't made long term connections in game with multiple people across guilds, I wouldn't be seeing the content on my main based on my experience with M+ groups or Heroic Pugs. This is a massive flip from how things were in even early Legion.
3/10

Leveled mage to 120, hit about 355ilvl, got bored. I'm currently leveling this toon, will do the same then probably quit. There are no aspects of the game I really enjoy. I dont care to raid, m+ or do arenas.

I will come back when classic releases.
Unanimous props for the art team. And near unanimous thumbs down for class and system design. Sounds about right.
3/10

last 2 xpacks havent been friendly to raid loggers
4/10

Pros
Raid isn't terrible
Mythic + some people enjoy is around

Cons
AP now is even worse than the AP in legion imo
WQ are even less interesting (if possible)
Azerite Gear is possible the worst "player progression" system ever invented
IE is a complete waste and horrible content
Warfronts are boring and not engaging at all
Leveling is boring and hard as hell to force myself on another character to level
No new talents since level 100
Class Design is honestly the worst it has been since Vanilla class design.
Developers lack of communication or listening to feedback has been disheartening of them fixing this expansion
bug, exploits, complaints.

Honestly WoD early is a better expansion than BFA has been in 1st tier. That might change by the end but atm this is the worst early expansion ever
2/10

I liked world quests but it takes forever to get to one and they disabled the addon that lets you group with people. Thats a retarded change and needs to be undone.

Zandalar is horible to navigate around

Dungeons have waaaay too much trash mobs

Again- there’s artificial time sinks galore.

I have never been pro flying from a gaming standpoint or whatever. I love the immersion of ground travel but if youre going to make a game a wqste of time without flying then enable it
10/09/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Kayenna
4/10

Pros
Raid isn't terrible
Mythic + some people enjoy is around

Cons
AP now is even worse than the AP in legion imo
WQ are even less interesting (if possible)
Azerite Gear is possible the worst "player progression" system ever invented
IE is a complete waste and horrible content
Warfronts are boring and not engaging at all
Leveling is boring and hard as hell to force myself on another character to level
No new talents since level 100
Class Design is honestly the worst it has been since Vanilla class design.
Developers lack of communication or listening to feedback has been disheartening of them fixing this expansion
bug, exploits, complaints.

Honestly WoD early is a better expansion than BFA has been in 1st tier. That might change by the end but atm this is the worst early expansion ever

This guy nailed it. Albiet more favorable ratings than me
Obviously it's early, but up to date: 5/10.

I like Warfronts/new Arathi more than the average player (it seems). This is largely due to liking group activities and that it's a huge, 3D Heroes of the Storm/MOBA. And with the new AFK detection, it's much better.

I like the Warmode concept which essentially functions as free, unlimited server transfers. I'm not even a PvPer and I liked the extra thrill of spotting an enemy and... trying to successfully run away. :P

I love the art in Kul Tiras and I love the music in Zandalar. I'll often turn off the sound effects and just turn up the music (and ambiance) when running around Zandalar. Unfortunately, art and music don't influence any fun factors for me.

Azerite grind by itself, I don't care one way or the other. But having IE's be the primary azerite source is unfortunate because the EIs are my least favorite feature. They.are.so.boring. Thus, for me, one feature is impeding one of the other, quite important features.

WQ's making a reappearance is a bit stale. Glorified dailies as a primary game feature is.so.boring. Having them tied to Pathfinder makes it even worse. I'm fine with the Pathfinder concept, but for the purpose of experiencing all the hard work of the devs/artists, all the requirements need to be are 1) fully explore the areas, and 2) complete the story lines. All this repetitive QWing for reputation when it has nothing to do with experiencing anyone's work is.so.boring.

I don't like this latest iteration of MM hunter. I loved Mist's MM. After some effort, I came to like and enjoy Legion's MM. But I can't make peace with BFA's MM. And it's not due to where it ranks on the DPS charts, it's not because of GCD, it's simply... you guessed it... boring.

And I'm sorry but the removal of auto group finding for QW's was retarded. So it allowed people to join up and almost immediately complete a WQ. But as what cost? Killing an easily accessible player interaction feature in a MMO?

I have more, but not the time to type it out right now.

So the 5/10 is largely due to my level of boredom in BFA due to not being able to bring myself or forcing myself (which speaks volumes) to do the 'big ticket' content. This is the first time I've ever taken breaks from new content at its beginning. There are some days that I choose TV channel surfing over Wow.
7/10 (so far)

Pros: Alliance questing zones, music, plentiful WQs with varied rewards, decent war campaign, some great dungeons, Uldir is fun.

Cons: Azerite traits are too random and Legendaries were a better system (IMO), Warmode, some classes not in a great spot, Expolsum RNG,

Mixed: Warfronts are fun but need a pvp option... and having them time gated is puzzling, Allied Races 'coming soon'.
9 so far. Game is only 2 months old and haven't even had the first patch yet.

Why 9?
- Loved the leveling. The zones were amazing. Drustvar has become one of my favorite zones in game. Loved the storyline. Stormsong Valley was okay. I liked the atmosphere of it as it looked good.

- Uldir has been a fun first raid. Sometimes the first one can be hit or miss. For me it was a hit.

- Music is great.

- Boralus is a great hub.

- A turtle has made it to the water.

- Dungeons imo have been meh for quite a few expansions now but they made one I really enjoyed. Waycrest Manor.

So that is why I gave it a 9/10 so far. Still long way to go in this expansion since we are still in 8.0.
3/10
Would be 7/10 except mandatory -4 points for pathfinder.

Has a nice visual feel and zones are ok. Warfront is ok, raid is ok. Professions are crapp, azerite gear is boring.
8/10

Fun content. Fun gameplay mechanics.

Too much gate keeping/time gating.
3.5/10

Like everyone says, the visuals are good and the zones are cool. Quests weren't too bad and some were even fun... hek hek hek

Cons:
WQs are boring.
Azerite: what were they thinking?
Pruning: why? classes were already bare in legion, but at least some had cool artifact abilities. Why prune more? I want agency blizzard, give me more spells. Some that fill a niche.
Professions: not worth tailoring and enchanting. Don't even have anything cool to make for transmogging.
RNG: I know RNG has to be a thing, but heyzeus this is too much.
Talents: why do we not have a 120 row?
Leveling: hek hek hek hek, seriously its terrible though and I've given up leveling my allied races because I can't stand it.