"Lowborne Scum"

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
10/17/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
10/16/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Mustakraken
Can;t wait until next expansion where King Magni suddenly decides the Horde must be purged from Azeroth after we were the champion chosen by azeroth herself in this expansion.
You aren't the CANON champion. That's the Alliance.
This actually makes the most sense. If there is only one Champion of Azeroth, there's no way its a Horde character, lol. This is one of the major problems with putting the PC into such an important role for the story.

10/17/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Arlifrex
10/17/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Jawah
...Yes.

Where?
My exact example is the Island Expedition. When Alliance players fight the Nightborne team.
Oh, are we doing a throwback thread to celebrate the anniversary of Nightborne as an allied race?

Fun idea, but November isn't for a couple more weeks.
10/17/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Khalastrya
Male: check
Human: check
Paladin: check

You are the reason this archetype ia a joke in this forum.

So you helped a faction save teir asses and now they turned on you? Boo-hoo I cant imagine your suffering.
Alliance plyerbase is like a spoiled brat, If you dont give them what they want, they start yelling and crying.
Get your !@#$ together, Horde helped the draenei to get their PLANET BACK and we dont Say a word.

Alliance players being crying brats, nothing New under the sun
You're a troll. I brought up a very valid conversation. This was never about the Nightborne joining the Horde, this was about them being having the same mindset as they did when they were serving the Burning Legion. Instead of learning from their mistakes, they continue to be arrogant and supremacist.

But instead of actually talking about the conversation that I brought up, you immediately reverted to trolling me because I play a specific race/class/gender combo? Are you joking? On top of the fact that, that is legitimately prejudice, the character I play has nothing to do on determining my thoughts and opinions in a story forum. WoW's an RPG for a reason. If I played a female Orc DK and made the same post, then what would you say?

Grow up.
10/17/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Jawah
My exact example is the Island Expedition. When Alliance players fight the Nightborne team.

Well, you can't expect the Nightborne to personally treat you as their savior when they're on the opposite faction trying to murder you right? I wouldn't put much value in IE emotes. They're meant to incite faction conflict.
10/17/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Arlifrex

Well, you can't expect the Nightborne to personally treat you as their savior when they're on the opposite faction trying to murder you right? I wouldn't put much value in IE emotes. They're meant to incite faction conflict.

Don't be ridiculous, every NPC in the game should preface their interaction with him by bowing and addressing him as the glorious Highlord Ashbringer Garrison Commander of the Silver Hand, even the hostile ones.

Anything else would be Horde bias.
I'm not sure you want to use the island teams as a racial baseline.

The Void Elf team are insane and void corrupted. Screaming the entire time about committing suicide, the whispers, and feeding people to their gods.

So you helped a faction save teir asses and now they turned on you? Boo-hoo I cant imagine your suffering.
Alliance plyerbase is like a spoiled brat, If you dont give them what they want, they start yelling and crying.
Get your !@#$ together, Horde helped the draenei to get their PLANET BACK and we dont Say a word.

It's also funny because the backstory of the Void Elves is that they defected from the Horde, an actual playable faction. Meanwhile, most of the salt about ARs seems to come from Alliance bemoaning a neutral faction that decided to join up with the Horde because one of our leaders was actually empathetic.
10/17/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
The Void Elf team are insane and void corrupted. Screaming the entire time about committing suicide, the whispers, and feeding people to their gods.

So typical Player Characters.

Sounds like the Void Elves to me.

Yeah every opposing team on the Island expeditions has smack talked my team. Big deal.
10/17/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Savanovic
Tyrande talks the way she does because she doesn't have time for non sense and her experience with Azshara, Highborne, the Legion and the Horde all give her reason to not play nice, to get straight to the point. Nathanos treats Horde players like garbage and they find it endearing. Tyrande is untrustworthy of people (like you, the Horde player) who have invaded her homeland multiple times and somehow it's her fault. Lol.

I for one, will be very happy when/if Nathanos becomes a raid boss and I can loot him for shinies. I hate that guy.
I feel like the island expedition teams were created solely with the intention of making you want to kill them. They're infuriating caricatures of everything people hate about the race that's being represented, so I'm not sure why that's surprising.
The Void Elf team are insane and void corrupted. Screaming the entire time about committing suicide, the whispers, and feeding people to their gods
they are just imitating the behavior of real players

big time cringe lmao
Let me posit an honest question to you. How many times have Alliance NPCs called Horde PCs savages, threw shade at their housing situations, or generally made a snipe about their BOs?
10/17/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
10/16/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Mustakraken
Can;t wait until next expansion where King Magni suddenly decides the Horde must be purged from Azeroth after we were the champion chosen by azeroth herself in this expansion.
You aren't the CANON champion. That's the Alliance.

Blizzard is increasingly comfortable with writing the story for only one faction at a time. It's pretty obvious that the Nighthold was Horde, for example, and Argus was Alliance.

Right now it's VERY obvious that the Alliance is working for Magni and the Horde is working against him. Sometimes hilariously so - the other day I went from one world quest stopping people from harvesting azerite (Magni: "Good job, hero!"), to one right next door where I was defending a goblin drilling machine so it could finish harvesting azerite.
10/17/2018 02:22 AMPosted by Jerrod
On a side note I'd like to just add that the persistent portrayal of Nightborne as snotty nobles is beyond disappointing and a complete waste of their rebellion story which was just as much a story of the proletariat as it was an anti legion one.

The Nightborne aristocracy sipped on arcwine and rode their leizure boats around the canals while leaving the common people to wither, or exile them for resisting, or worse feeding them to the Legion's war machine. The poor and downtrodden were the first people you reach out to in the rebellion story, but for some reason humble and hard working people aren't the identity of the post Nightwell Nightborne.

It's just more snotty nobles. How delightful, as though we didn't have enough of that from the bloodelves.

Thalyssra, Oculeth, Valtrois, Ly'leth, Vanthir, and Silgryn are all "the poor and downtrodden"?

The only poor people you work with are Arluin, Arluelle, maybe one or two of the prior exiles, and some nameless NPCs. Practically everyone of import in the rebellion is a noble, or wealthy, or ranked highly in the Nightborne military or Mage institutions.
10/17/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Valuelle

And Horde players are entitled !@#$%, what else is new? Did the Horde players realize that just a generation ago the core of their faction GENOCIDED Draenei off their previous planet? The orcs haven't atoned for this in any meaningful way, and march to war to do it again to another race under a veteran of the First, Second, and Third wars. Why did Saurfang not get hung and quartered like the rest of the orcs at the end of SoO?

Anyways, no, the favored child gets all the spit it deserves. There is no point for this faction war, and most of all, it was started by the Horde. The narrative consequences for this are literally the Horde's own fault, and the dubious actions they take to 'traitors'. Unless the ENTIRE faction pile against their own leader, we have to assume that the Kron'Kron(now Dark Rangers I suppose) will assassinate any dissenters. See: Saurfang

It's despicable that any self-respecting individual would ever join such an organization. Thalyssra is rightfully talked down too as a fool, just as the Sin'dorei were for joining Sylvanas for a quick check in clearing their lands. They are now tied to her and the reckoning will come if the Alliance clears out the rest of the horde in Lordaeron. How long do the Nightborne think they have? When the entire eastern starboard is cleared of their 'allies', or when said 'allies' decapitate their leaders for having second thoughts on wholesale genocide?

Do yourself a favor and don't try to defend OP. Most Horde players feel annoyed at the latest narrative trends that are impacting our faction; nonetheless we too are aware at the end of the day this is just a game and we sure as hell aren't putting more value into it than necessary (ergo why the "qqq buut, buut!!! They must be munsters irl cause Hurde is evuk!!" Comment is so idiotic ffs... last time I saw people that like to watch gore movies aren't sadistic psychos nor the fans or Freddy Mercury 100% members of the LGBT movement or else.)

Hobbies are hobbies and playing this game ignoring the story is perfectly possible, as a matter of fact is the way most players approach at the game -average player barely knows the story behind Kael'thas, but all of them will tell you where do they farm their BiS trinkets.